Cllr Liam Galvin FG opposes housing anyone from outside Abbeyfeale in Abbeyfeale.

Barroso

Galvin is a backwards ignorant beast

FG should boot him out

Cyp
And I'm sure it's on their agenda to do so, maybe around 2050, just after they get around to dealing with Frank Feighan, the chap who is so handy with his elbow.

Barroso

You should've named your thread "Local Politician stands up for the interests of the people who elected him."

Gombeenism is getting into Government, burning your manifesto at the door and then being made UN special envoy to Colombia. This is parochialism. Much more understandable.
That's gimme-morism. A special version of the system looking after their own.

Notachipanoaktree

Anybody know where the good FG Cllr for Abbeyfeale Liam Galvin stands on housing immigrants and Poles and dat.

Last edited:

popular1

Is not climate change the biggest threat to humanity.
And isn't localisation tghe answer to that

It is much more environmentally friendly to create sustainable local communities

And get away from communing and burning fossil fuels

GDPR

According to a report in the Limerick Leader june 23 Cllr Liam Galvin condemned the fact that someone from Limerick City was housed in Abbeyfeale.

Galvin is quoted as saying "I have no problem housing our own.Ihave a problem about housing people when people in our own town need housing themselves...how can you give a house to somebody from 40 miles away?Abbeyfeale has its own problems besides us adding to it.We need to look after our own."

Gombeenism is alive and well in FG and political correctness has not spread to all FG Cllrs yet.I wonder what FG public reps in Limerick city will make of his assertion that housing someone from Limerick city in Abbeyfeale will add to the problems of the town.

Yes, this is the correct community spirit. We need to look after our own first. Young couples can't get married and give the nation children because they are being excluded from housing and paying work by mass migration.

The Field Marshal

But why would you give houses to people from 40 miles away, when people in the town need houses?

His logic is right is it not?
In that case Abbeyfeale people seeking housing in Limerick should be shut out.
That is the insane logic you support.

GDPR

In that case Abbeyfeale people seeking housing in Limerick should be shut out.
That is the insane logic you support.
They should be if there are Native Irish people in Limerick who need housing. If we ignore local precedence at any level, it's a slippery slope to Globalism - where a Nigerian is said to have just as much right to a house in Blanchardstown as a Native to the Manor Born.

GDPR

It is much more environmentally friendly to create sustainable local communities

Excellent point a chara.

The Field Marshal

They should be if there are Native Irish people in Limerick who need housing. If we ignore local precedence at any level, it's a slippery slope to Globalism - where a Nigerian is said to have just as much right to a house in Blanchardstown as a Native to the Manor Born.
What about freedom of movement.?

In a small country such as Ireland I don’t think you can restrict where people live or purchase a house.

The Field Marshal

Climate change.?
The climate is always changing.

Don’t believe the lies told by the warmists?

It is the biggest lie in human history believed by millions of deceived people.
Don’t be one of them.

The Field Marshal

But you can really. And this should be done.
I must disagree.
You can’t have that type of restriction where state bureaucrats decide where each family live.

GDPR

I must disagree.
You can’t have that type of restriction where state bureaucrats decide where each family live.
Well, I think it's important that locals are given precedence in their own locality. If we don't have that, then we have Globalism.

NativeWildCat

This is an unheard of new revolutionary tactic. This fella wants to fight tooth and nail for his working class constitutes that put him into office. Gosh, imagine that.

GDPR

This is an unheard of new revolutionary tactic. This fella wants to fight tooth and nail for his working class constitutes that put him into office. Gosh, imagine that.
Might even catch on. We might even have Leftist politicians looking out for the working class - or is that stretching possibility too far....

LISTOWEL MAN

politicians need votes like we need oxygen

give someone a house = favour

favours = votes

2 + 2 = 4

ymmek

You should've named your thread "Local Politician stands up for the interests of the people who elected him."

Gombeenism is getting into Government, burning your manifesto at the door and then being made UN special envoy to Colombia. This is parochialism. Much more understandable.

If you can give a coherent answer as to why a local politician defending his local interests is doing anything except his job, that'd be swell.

Also - why is political correctness a good thing? Why should Leo's message of Peace and Love be immediately translatable to everyone in Ireland?

Ireland is not Dublin. Also, Dublin is a nightmare. Not entirely because of, but certainly in some small part due to, political correctness.
Firstly i can name a thread whatever i wish,if you believe that a cllr is serving his people and "standing up for the interests of the people who elected him" by implying that housing someone from Limerick City will add to the problems of Abbeyfeale then you are just as bad as Galvin.

Would you like limerick city people to suggest that the coucil should not house anyone from outside the city boundary or to demand that nobody from outside the city should be allowed to work there? Of course not and neither would i.

Galvin is trying to gain support by putting the word about that people from the city should not be housed in Abbeyfeale and in some warped and twisted way promote the view that such people are not good for Abbeyfeale.

Nesuno

He's FG. I doubt his support base would "Class" themselves in that particular socio economic group, unless they're being ironic. His whole point is to keep themmuns out.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies