• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Cllr Liam Kelly and Cocaine Allegations

Rapisco

Councillor in drug 'scam'

A FIANNA Fail councillor insisted last night that he was not a drug user after two newspapers published photographs purporting to show him snorting white powder, writes Brian Dowling.

Cllr Liam Kelly said he was the innocent party in a scam and that blood and urine samples could prove it. Last night Mr Kelly (35) from Glasnevin, Dublin, said the photographs had been "staged" by people who subjected him to "a very serious extortion attempt".

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=9&si=1669296&issue_id=14485

I doubt this very much.

I know the guy well and he is a gentleman,

Anyway, what do you think??

Rapisco

popper said:
He could be a gentleman and a coke head.

Sherlock Holmes ..........
Sounds like a man who knows.......... :roll:

The OD

popper said:

Sherlock liked mrophine did he not? Could be wrong though?

ryano

The OD said:
Sherlock liked mrophine did he not? Could be wrong though?
He is portrayed as injecting both morphine and a cocaine solution.

merle haggard

narcotics such as morphine and cocaine were perfectly legal and sold openly accross shop counters in the Victorian era in which Sir Athur Conan Doyles books were writen ( Britain itself engaged in the "opium war" with china to control the worlds heroin trade for itself). While the pictures in yesterdays paper arent conclusive proof the powdered substance Cllr Kelly appeared to be snorting up his nose through a rolled up banknote was actually an illegal narcotic they certainly appear pretty damning on the surface . Maybe Cllr Kelly isnt a hypocritical coke head . Maybe Paul Berry really only got a sports massage . Who knows .

popper

Rapisco said:
popper said:

As neither a gentleman nor a cocaine user I wouldn't know.

However, you seem to assume that respectable people do not use coke. :roll:

Rapisco

popper said:
Rapisco said:
popper said:

As neither a gentleman nor a cocaine user I wouldn't know.

However, you seem to assume that respectable people do not use coke. :roll:
Fair enough,

But just as there are several types of Nackers, there are several types and forms of gentlemen.

I still know liam to be the type of Gentleman that would not use illicit drugs.

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
The good councillor has yet to indicate how these malign and nefarious forces of darkness made him pose up snorting suspicious looking white powder in order to stage these pictures.
The extortion attempt is entirely possible, but is more likely based on the threat of outing the councillor as a cocaine user (he wouldn't be alone - it's the fastest growing drug of abuse in Ireland these past three to five years) rather than the threat to make him look like a cocaine user.
For now we are forced to take the councillor at his word. However, if there really was an extortion attempt, presumably we can expect arrests, and also I expect the Gardai to question the councillor on any possible drug problems he might have, since evidence that appears to show him taking either cocaine or amphetamine is now in the public domain.
After all, Cocaine Kate had to answer to the plod too.

The OD

A little off topic here, but cocaine users are complete a**sholes.
Arrogant, cocky and hard to put down with anything other than a sledgehammer. If he really was doing coke then he should leave the public life asap - theres enough arrogant cocky a**eholes as it is.

Coke - the choice of the dumb generation.

:roll:

TheBear

The OD said:

I'd say it's the choice of the affluent, arrogant generation. A generation which values success, or the appearance of, over much else.

Very popular among restaurant workers, as well as the more typical young exec market.

But it's true that it's difficult to maintain any sort of sensible conversation with someone who's on the stuff. However, isn't that true of a sober person trying to talk to someone who's stoned, drunk, on pills or anything else?

merle haggard

well a person who gets worse the wear for drink hasnt done anything illegal nor is that person associating with criminals in order to gain access to alcohol . Given the drugs war currently raging in Dublin over the cocaine market with criminals running about machine gunning each other Mr Kellys alleged use of this substance is a graver matter than someone whose had a few pints too many .

Rapisco

merle haggard said:
well a person who gets worse the wear for drink hasnt done anything illegal nor is that person associating with criminals in order to gain access to alcohol . Given the drugs war currently raging in Dublin over the cocaine market with criminals running about machine gunning each other Mr Kellys alleged use of this substance is a graver matter than someone whose had a few pints too many .
Jaysus, will anybody give this guy the benefit of the doubt?

Its so Irish. :roll:

merle haggard

well what was he at then ? help us give him the benefit . Wondering whether some punter at a party snorting a white powder up his nose through a rolled up banknote is perhaps using illegal drugs isnt a particularly Irish phenomenon . Whatever the feck thats supposed to mean .

Are you another one of these spoof posters by the way ?

zoinks

TheBear said:
The OD said:

I'd say it's the choice of the affluent, arrogant generation. A generation which values success, or the appearance of, over much else.

Very popular among restaurant workers, as well as the more typical young exec market.

But it's true that it's difficult to maintain any sort of sensible conversation with someone who's on the stuff. However, isn't that true of a sober person trying to talk to someone who's stoned, drunk, on pills or anything else?
it's more like there is no coversation, its a one way system.

everyone is taking coke now, not a rich mans drug anymore, its sold as easily as e's. I find it mad that some people see no problem with it anymore, its like having a strong coffee to them

The OD

Rapisco said:
merle haggard said:

Why would you snort anything up your nose if it wasnt illegal? Or maybe it was snuff, although thats brown?

I dont know what he did, but I know what it looks like he did? Perception goes a long way.

merle haggard

zoinks said:

everyone is taking coke now, not a rich mans drug anymore, its sold as easily as e's. I find it mad that some people see no problem with it anymore, its like having a strong coffee to them
thats a bit of a generalisation . it seems you hang around in some sleazy circles if thats your view . The vast majority of people in Ireland do not use cocaine

The OD

zoinks said:
TheBear said:
The OD said:

it's more like there is no coversation, its a one way system.

I know plenty of people who I thought were intelligent, getting into a lot of hassle with this. Good homes/families, jobs, education but they willingly put some white shite up their nose and they have no idea where it came from? It could be bloody ajaz for you know.

And as for talking to them, its all ''yeah I got this from x who can get really good stuff anytime and then sometimes y can get savage stuff from z who knows a and b who also get theirs from x......blah blah blah.

I try not to associate with cokeheads, they are total muppets and not worth the effort. I did try it once at a party and wasnt very impressed, left me with a horrible snotty nose and I did talk crap for about half an hour. Never again and the price of it? Stick to liquid I say.

Bloke has a lot of explaining to do and saying there is a conspiracy seems par for the course these days. No conspiracy, just some devious person with a camera on their mobile looking to get a few pieces of silver from the sunday world.

Abaddon

Rapisco said:
merle haggard said:

I wonder how much benefit of the doubt Cllr Liam Kelly will get from his own party?

After seeing a photo on the front page of one of the Sunday rags, I don't think he will be able to clear his name even if the gardai prosecute who ever tried to black mail him.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies