Clonard - IRA HQ

Cruimh

Shane O'Doherty has a look at the role Clonard and the Catholic Church had in the IRA, and the links with Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness. Plenty of web links and interesting photographs.

Gerry Adams and God - Why the IRA hasn't repented

Thought this was very appropriate:

However, the consequences of Clonard’s participation in formulating the IRA leadership’s perverse ‘mental reservations’ about the truths of IRA atrocities and in formulating the IRA leadership’s supposedly-legitimate ‘mental reservations’ about reparation of truth to victims – these consequences are now coming home to roost in Northern Ireland.

A monastic wing of the catholic church teaching the IRA and Sinn Féin ways to legitimize telling Big Lies and keeping Big Secrets is the last thing the peace process needed.

The IRA’s brazen belief that it may legitimately worship its own past violence and its own former killers and bombers – while stonewalling and disrespecting victims of its thousands of denied human rights’ violations – is the basis of the very real distrust and discord not only affecting Unionists but also many catholic nationalists who abhor the new cosy relationship between the catholic church and the IRA.

Ends with

How is it possible to build a real peace process on a foundation of Big Secrets and Lies maintained by the new pan-nationalist front of IRA/Sinn Féin, the catholic church in Northern Ireland and cadres of one-eyed republican lawyers getting wealthy on British monies?

Until the IRA, Sinn Féin and the catholic church admit and acknowledge the IRA’s thousands of human rights violations – and declare that worshipping bombers and murderers is fatal to the peace process – and set about giving the reparation of truth to innocent victims without quibble – we are condemned to Wilfred Owen’s ‘profound dull tunnel’ – a hell of our own making.
Over to you Michelle ......

Se0samh

Nordie Northsider

Poor Shane. He's definitely angling for a column in the Newsletter. He's certainly offensive enough; I wonder exactly who he's referring to when he mentions 'one-eyed Republican lawyers'?

hollandia

Well, when I read it, one thing struck me "I have now idea how long Clonard provided facilities for the IRA?". That's a big extrapolation. At various times throughout the conflict in the north the four main churches provided facilities for meetings, to assuage inter-organisational feuding and all four main churches - with notable nods to the Presbyterian Assembly and Clonard monastery - played their part in bringing about the ceasefires.

Mr O'Doherty is making a huge leap in his article based on one meeting, and failing to nail his dismount.

Se0samh

Well, when I read it, one thing struck me "I have now idea how long Clonard provided facilities for the IRA?". That's a big extrapolation. At various times throughout the conflict in the north the four main churches provided facilities for meetings, to assuage inter-organisational feuding and all four main churches - with notable nods to the Presbyterian Assembly and Clonard monastery - played their part in bringing about the ceasefires.

Mr O'Doherty is making a huge leap in his article based on one meeting, and failing to nail his dismount.
He's fallen on his ass more often than Buster Keaton...

between the bridges

Shackin, IRCC...

McSlaggart

Shane O'Doherty has a look at the role Clonard and the Catholic Church had in the IRA, and the links with Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness. Plenty of web links and interesting photographs.

Is this the new Derry girls script? I cannot see Tyrone republicans going to Belfast to sort their differences. I am somewhat shocked that Derry IRA would? People in "Free Derry" would have the need to travel to Belfast??????????

As for why has the IRA not Repented? Could it be that they do not think they have anything to repent? Has the British and French repented for their actions in Algeria?

former wesleyan

Well it is Easter.

Niall996

Ends with

There are monuments to fallen soliders/killers/murderes/terrorists/rebels/heroes in just about every country in the world.

Talk Back

Ends with

There wouldn't be an IRA but for the occupation of our country by England ya pleb.

Unionists are the cause of all the trouble in Ireland to this day - Brexit being a prime example of this interference within Ireland.

death or glory

Ends with

Did you menton Human rights violations, they don'tknow what that means.

death or glory

Is this the new Derry girls script? I cannot see Tyrone republicans going to Belfast to sort their differences. I am somewhat shocked that Derry IRA would? People in "Free Derry" would have the need to travel to Belfast??????????

As for why has the IRA not Repented? Could it be that they do not think they have anything to repent? Has the British and French repented for their actions in Algeria?
NAh, off course not. Your IRA have nathing to repent for, they murdered thousands of people, maimed and injured thousands more, intimidated tens of thousands, attacked and bombed homes and property on a daily basis yet failed dramatically in getting a united ireland.
Just misguided young men and wemen, I suppose, wouldn't harm a fly but would murder a prod without blinking.

death or glory

Would it mean ethnic cleansing of Irish people in our own country by you tossers???
So you admit the IRA took part in a sectarian ethnic murdering campaign in Northern Ireland, at least that's a start recognising your mistakes.

McSlaggart

Maybe they should have gone to Belfast - might have stopped Gerry and Marty setting up Loughgall.....
I think their was enough murder and death to go around. Newtons second law applies to such events.

[video=youtube;SXW-sL5gzHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXW-sL5gzHQ[/video]

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies