CO2 levels in exhaled breath,

mangaire2

Not really. I understand perfectly that the CO2 that we emit is recycled within the carbon cycle, but not that of cows or industry.

After all, we're voters and cows ain't.
maybe you're trying to make a point there,
or maybe. as I commented earlier, you intend this to be a 'taking the piss' thread ?

McTell

Twitter
No
No I really don
maybe you're trying to make a point there,
or maybe. as I commented earlier, you intend this to be a 'taking the piss' thread ?

Not at all. There are sources of CO2 including humans. 2 billion tons a year in our case.

If CO2 is a threat, then all sources must be identified and reduced, it's very simple. However, if you were an unburnt plant in the Brazilian Rainforest, you would like a lot more CO2.

mangaire2

No I really don

Not at all. There are sources of CO2 including humans. 2 billion tons a year in our case.

If CO2 is a threat, then all sources must be identified and reduced, it's very simple. However, if you were an unburnt plant in the Brazilian Rainforest, you would like a lot more CO2.
no doubt, all of the sources of CO2 have been identified & estimated.
the level of CO2 in the atmosphere remained constant for thousands of years until the industrialisation of the 2nd half of the 19th century & has been increasing rapidly in recent decades.
the cause of the increase is 'anthropogenic' , or man-made

i'd be interested to know how you would propose to "reduce" the CO2 generated as a result of geezers like you & me breathing ?

McTell

Twitter
No
//

i'd be interested to know how you would propose to "reduce" the CO2 generated as a result of geezers like you & me breathing ?

I don't know, I'm pointing out that it hasn't been discussed.

Yes, we also are a source of CO2. But the green party is hardly going to increase its vote by saying that its voters are part of the problem that is causing a "Climate Crisis", so it says nothing.

So, rather like the animals of Animal farm, some emitters are more equal than others.

mangaire2

Yes, we also are a source of CO2. But the green party is hardly going to increase its vote by saying that its voters are part of the problem that is causing a "Climate Crisis", so it says nothing.

So, rather like the animals of Animal farm, some emitters are more equal than others.
the reason that "that it hasn't been discussed" is because it represents only a tiny % of the ever increasing CO2 over the past century & a half.

however, if you're so concerned about it as you appear to be, & you want to lead the way in reducing the CO2 generated as a result of geezers like you & me breathing, why don't you put a plastic bag over your head ?

RasherHash

The Greens are quite explicit in saying that man is the problem and that our population should be reduced.

Of course as usual they mean someone else and not themselves 🙄

truthisfree

Nobody takes CO2 seriously as a problem until beer companies stop pressuring their kegs with it. Billions of pints every day in Europe alone, pushed out of the barrel into your pint by the pressure gift that is C02. So stop bothering government and big oil, start with the basics, put the heat on beer companies to stop CO2 pressure, then let's take things from there
Would you believe there is a shortage of CO2 in the drinks trade with some manufacturers including Coco Cola pulling some of their product.

Not where I read original article but some info on it...just in case you thought I was pulling your leg:D

McTell

Twitter
No
//
why don't you put a plastic bag over your head ?

My sexual perversions don't stretch that far.... yet.

I am mildly concerned about global warming becoming runaway. I would like us to be 1 or 2 degrees warmer so we can plant vineyards and take in more than one harvest a year.

Mostly, I'm annoyed that nobody will say what percentage humans are adding to any warming.

RasherHash

I am mildly concerned about global warming becoming runaway. I would like us to be 1 or 2 degrees warmer so we can plant vineyards and take in more than one harvest a year.

Mostly, I'm annoyed that nobody will say what percentage humans are adding to any warming.
The percentage from fossil fuels (so the junk science has it).

McTell

Twitter
No
Good, but the story goes that since 1996 the world has changed completely, and is in a "crisis". And this is all our fault.

Looking around, everything looks much the same as it did decades ago.

greencharade

Good, but the story goes that since 1996 the world has changed completely, and is in a "crisis". And this is all our fault.

Looking around, everything looks much the same as it did decades ago.
From the same paper:

Satellite data confirm Segalstad’s analysis of the 13C / 12C ratio for CO2 in the atmos-
phere. He showed that the isotopic ratio in the atmosphere today is not much different
to that which it had been in the pre-industrial era. Since fossil fuels are rich in 12C, their
combustion would disturb the ratio and Segalstad’s measurements uncovered little isotopic
difference between the current and the pre-industrial atmosphere, a clear sign that fossil fuels
are not the principal source of atmospheric CO2 increases (Figure 7).

kerdasi amaq

No I really don

If plants could speak they say yes. If anything they would like CO2 in the atmosphere to be doubled.

mangaire2

I don't know what vintage you are, but like myself, you'll be pushing up daises for a long time before the average temperature in this region of the planet will be 2C higher than it is today.
your grandchildren may well live to see the day.
what will happen to the regions of the planet that are already barely habitable today because they're too hot ?
of course regions that are too cold for habitation now, may well become inhabitable then,
& the people from the inhabitable regions of Africa, Asia & S America will be free to move to these regions ?
they will in their arses, McTell.

how much higher will sea levels be, when the temperature here is 2C higher than today ?

as for your question - "what percentage humans are adding to any warming"
the IPCC Report - the Physical Science Basis Report is a great source of information - I managed to get a copy of the 2013 report in a charity shop a couple of years ago & I find it very informative.
of course, there are dozens of vids of lectures by eminent scientists on YouTube.
there are of course also dozens of vids by snake oil salesmen Deniers too - I have watched a lot of them - I get satisfaction seeing through the lies - especially when the conmen in question are highly qualified scientists - Professors & Doctors, & all I have is Leaving Cert Science from the Christian Brothers, & that was a few decades ago, before any of us heard of GW.

McTell

Twitter
No
//

what will happen to the regions of the planet that are already barely habitable today because they're too hot ?
//

as for your question - "what percentage humans are adding to any warming"
the IPCC Report - the Physical Science Basis Report is a great source of information - I managed to get a copy of the 2013 report in a charity shop a couple of years ago & I find it very informative.
of course, there are dozens of vids of lectures by eminent scientists on YouTube.
there are of course also dozens of vids by snake oil salesmen Deniers too - I have watched a lot of them - I get satisfaction seeing through the lies - especially when the conmen in question are highly qualified scientists - Professors & Doctors, & all I have is Leaving Cert Science from the Christian Brothers, & that was a few decades ago, before any of us heard of GW.

That's not my problem. If 3rd worlders want to have too many children to care for, that's their choice.

But anyway, remind me from the IPCC report what percentage we chip in.

mangaire2

That's not my problem. If 3rd worlders want to have too many children to care for, that's their choice.
WOW !!!!!! it's not your problem.
good - you've outed yourself as the greedy selfish ME ME ME creep that you are,
that's good - I always like to know the character of the geezer that i'm dealing with here on P.ie, so that I can give him/her the respect he/she deserves.
so let me disrespectfully tell you this, creep -
you & your brats have a carbon footprint dozens of times larger than that of a few dozen families from most African countries.
the tragedy & injustice of AGW is that those who have contributed the least to it, will suffer the most.
That's not my problem.
if you're so lazy & so useless that you can't inform yourself,
then wallow away in your ignorance.
See if I care !!!!

fat finger

Here are some comparative figures:

tonnes Carbon dioxide per capita respiration per annum
Humans 0.30
Cattle 2.92
Sheep 0.24

The figure for polar bears is somewhere above 3.6, so if we could just find some way or other to get rid of polar bears it should keep warmists happy for a while, but only for a while, because moaning is their default setting as everybody knows

RasherHash

0.001%.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies