• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Coir protest against civil partnerships outside Leinster House today (Wednesday)

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
There's a protest outside Leinster House at the moment against the civi partnership bill.

The hand-written posters appear to be done on the back of the Coir Lisbon 1 posters, and Coir leaflets are being handed to Oireachtas members as they walk (or drive) through the Kildare Street gates.

Some of the posters say:

- "same-sex unions can never be marriages, and children can never be possessions"

- "we need to stamp out sodomy not encourage it"

- "Fianna Fail bends to minority groups"

Scipio

All they need is their "Save Ulster from Sodomy" banner to complete this ridiculous farce.

Asparagus

Wait'll the IFA get involved

"Its my feckin farm and she's only a guest"

L'Chaim

I actually love to see protests like this, because the people taking part and their views, and their clucking of tongues about their precieved crisis, appear comical

Asparagus

Is sodomy ok in a heterosexual marraige?

Half Nelson

"Fianna Fail bends to minority groups"
Well, we knew that already. It's up there with "FF The Republican Party".

johnfás

They've been outside there a fair bit over the past month or so.

Disagree with them, but they're perfectly entitled to make their point democratically. Far better than trying to storm the Dáil.

Cassandra Syndrome

Dear lord, a protest outside Leinster House on a day that implicates members inside to being a causal factor in the misery of a nation is by a bunch of far right nutters giving out about consenting adults?

This country deserves to go bankrupt.

Is sodomy ok in a heterosexual marraige?
Apparently not, wasn't it Una Bean Mhic Mhathuna who coined the term "wife-swapping sodomites" during one of the divorce referenda?

Oh I had my run in with her before, suffice to say she wasn't best pleased with me. Wonder if she's there today...?

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
They were there on the 3rd of June as well - note the placard held by the left-most woman below is the same as the left-hand one in your third photo:

I suppose it gets them out of the house. The guy on the right looks bored already (or is checking someone out perhaps).

P.

Cassandra Syndrome

corelli

Jaysus, there is thousands of protesters there. They must be quaking in their boots inside.

Half Nelson

Coir appears to be a predominantly Catholic organisation and as such its members may be co-operating with the Church leaders who state -
To promote and protect the unique nature of marriage as the union of one man and one woman is itself a matter of justice....The Civil Partnership Bill represents a fundamental revolution in our understanding of marriage and the family which cannot go unchallenged.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies