• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Colin Duffy Released, All Charges Dropped

5intheface

Well, actually he hasn't been released so no link as yet but I thought I'd just get in there now as I may have to go abroad for a few months and don't want to miss out.

Is there anyone out there who is confident enough to predict that this will not be the inevitable outcome of his latest arrest?

I don't care whether you are the most ardent republican or die-hard Loyalist or anything in between, can you have any confidence of a safe and just conviction considering this individual's history with the various statutory bodies?

The logical conclusion is that Duffy will be outed as a Police agent.

If I am away when he is released, I would appreciate if someone could bump this thread and thank me profusely.

5intheface

Is he out yet?

pete2

Who is taking over the stalk while you're gone?

Eorna

I thought that Mcconville was the guy who was kicked out of Sinn Féin in 97 for working for the RUC special branch, he is accused of killing Carroll. Is Duffy meant to be a tout as well.

5intheface

5intheface

I thought that Mcconville was the guy who was kicked out of Sinn Féin in 97, he is accused of killing Carroll. Is Duffy meant to be a tout as well.
No suggestion of any sort about Duffy, just expressing my frustration with the whole train of events.

Eorna

From what I have read about him, heard about him, he sounds like a solid guy. McConville sounds like a man who will get out after 6 months, if he is ever convicted.

Duffy will walk, he is obviously being set up by the peelers for the 4th or 5th time, he beat them before and he'll beat them again

this thread and its OP is a bit out of taste on several levels and should be locked.

I would advice no one to post on it any more

there is a thread about this situation already running.

5intheface

this thread and its OP is a bit out of taste on several levels and should be locked.

How do you think Duffy feels?

You seen the Pat Kenny threads?

Gabha Óir

I think it's a valid thread given the take on proceedings. I don't see how it is in any way tasteless. Cynical? Yes. But that is required given Colin Duffy's past experience with these particular authorities.

No it is not valid it takes away from the fact that he is in custody still and it takes emphasis from that fact and the fact that the man was held for two weeks before the charge..
the Beeb now say that there is DNA evidence taken from a latex glove tip found in the car.

I would not put much credibility in any police claims. Also if Duffy is the big shot they say he is, he hardly went out on this himself.

It baggers belief and defies correct OP for a group like IRA or CIRA RIRA or indeed the British Army.
Generals dont sit in trenches do they?.

Lock the thread get back to the real situation

Duffy looked very unwell and emaciated today

5intheface

No it is not valid it takes away from the fact that he is in custody still and it takes emphasis from that fact and the fact that the man was held for two weeks before the charge..
the Beeb now say that there is DNA evidence taken from a latex glove tip found in the car.

I would not put much credibility in any police claims. Also if Duffy is the big shot they say he is, he hardly went out on this himself.

It baggers belief and defies correct OP for a group like IRA or CIRA RIRA or indeed the British Army.
Generals dont sit in trenches do they?.

Lock the thread get back to the real situation

Duffy looked very unwell and emaciated today
My utter lack of creedence for the entire arrest, charges and supposed evidence is precisely the reason for the thread, you do understand this?

mothball

Duffy will walk, he is obviously being set up by the peelers for the 4th or 5th time, he beat them before and he'll beat them again
I’m not so confident about that. The only way he will walk away from this is if the police are just generating good publicity for themselves by charging people for all of the attacks and have created a technicality so the case will be thrown out before they have to display the real evidence.
Going through the trouble of planting evidence probably means that they intend to prosecute the case fully. Can you imagine what would happen if the judge threw out the case on anything but a technicality? The police would have to answer very serious questions. With that in mind, I can see him going down for a long stretch.

This is getting incredibly complicated.

seanciaran

Free Duffy

Agree! Duffy remains in RUC/brit custody. Nothing should be taken for granted. They may have failed to murder or lock up Colin Duffy in the past, but they seem intent on framing him again.

The price of being a dedicated, noble Irish republican activist.

Yes

but you picked a
poor headline to tag that on
open another thread on this issue eg

Duffy is being fitted up

or Duffy will be vindicated
or Brit intelligence use solider killings to decapitate RIRA

the latter leds nicely back to the posts here that claimed the the shooting were intelligence service ops or sponsored or whatever

Now anything to do with British intel and Irish republics has had a shadow org in British intel going back to the 1880s institutionally .

Or
Brits kill own squaddies to fit up Ra Man

or something

Gabha Óir

Yes

but you picked a

Duffy is being fitted up

the latter leds nicely back to the posts here that claimed the the shooting were intelligence service ops or sponsored or whatever

Now anything to do with British intel and Irish republics has had a shadow org in British intel going back to the 1880s institutionally .

Or

or something
Again OMahoney I disagree. I think the ridiculousness of the charges and the pantomine of taking him down to Larne to be ritually abused by dial-a-loyalist mob is lampooned appropriately with the title. It caught your attention.

5intheface

Yes

but you picked a

Duffy is being fitted up

Or

or something
My apologies if you don't like it, my intention was to have a title which would grab attention for the story, some agreed, others such as yourself do not. It's an open forum which wouldn't really work if posters could decide on the titles of other people's threads.

I need no lesson on what security forces are capable of but neither am I a follower of Duffy's brand of Republicanism. I do not, however, have to be a fan of the man to point to the suspicious circumstances surrounding his arrest and charges, particularly considering his history with the British judicial system.

pete2

Agree! Duffy remains in RUC/brit custody. Nothing should be taken for granted. They may have failed to murder or lock up Colin Duffy in the past, but they seem intent on framing him again.

The price of being a dedicated, noble Irish republican activist.

Popular Threads

Most Replies