• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Committee of 20 candidate grateful for slow death of hunger strikers?

ArtyisBack

socmonster

Not a supporter of FF so can't say if it's typical, but I think it's disgraceful too. Would hope his political career is short-lived or nonexistent.

Rufty

Krank.ie – The Voice of Fianna Fail Grassroots

Stephen Kearon, according to the link above, has made what is in my mind extreme views on the deaths of the hunger strikers.

I would like to ask those of you who are Fianna Fáil supporters is this sentiment typical of FF supporters? What are his chances of securing a place on the council of 20?

Fianna Fáil Party Structure | Fianna Fáil

Personally I think this is disgraceful.
Fianna Fáil members (myself included) are falling over ourselves on twitter to show how far out of sync with the membership his comment was. He has stated that he shall make a comment about the offensive (now deleted I believe) tweet tomorrow. It has vrey much angered a lot of members this evening from what I've seen online.

Given my position, I shall not comment of his committee of 20 prospects as that would not be in good taste. I must stress again that (as his twitter profile states) his views are his own only and NOT that of Fianna Fáil or it's membership at large.

socmonster

Fianna Fáil members (myself included) are falling over ourselves on twitter to show how far out of sync with the membership his comment was. He has stated that he shall make a comment about the offensive (now deleted I believe) tweet tomorrow. It has vrey much angered a lot of members this evening from what I've seen online.

Given my position, I shall not comment of his committee of 20 prospects as that would not be in good taste. I must stress again that (as his twitter profile states) his views are his own only and NOT that of Fianna Fáil or it's membership at large.
If ye have any sense ye will put as much distance between FF and this chap as ye possibly can. If that means disowning publicly, then so be it. Just when ye looked to be re-building reasonably successfully, the last thing ye need is this chap sending moderate republicans into the arms of SF.

eoghanacht

The Republican Party.

Sorry that should read

Just

The Republican Party

Just Jack

The pure poison made me think it was most likely to be a Blueshirt.

FF should be ashamed.

Irish National member

i heard this guy on that show tonight, trying to defend his bile, what an idiot. you would find it rare imo to find many people in this country that share his sentiments but from someone in fianna fail? oul meehaul should have a little word in his shell like. i reckon across most divides in this country most people are of similar opinions about the whole thatcher episode even myself and one of my sparring partners eoghanacht seem to be agreeing.:shock2:

eoghanacht

Sparring partner?

I'm getting a lot of that lately, must start paying attention to who I p1ss off more

Abaddon

Just looking at the tweet and you just know this guy posts on P.ie :D

Mitsui2

So, to sum up, youse have decided there's no votes or free money to be had from agreeing with him?

Understood, so.

Warrior of Destiny

Really upsets me to see someone from my party make those remarks. He is well wide of the general feeling in FF about the hunger strikers who gave their lives for something far bigger and greater than themselves. I doubt he'd make the same remarks about heroes like Terence McSwiney.

Last edited:

Gracchus

Didn't IRA Hunger strikers in the 26 die under FF Governments?
Yep, Seán McCaughey, Tony D'Arcy and Jack McNeela. Dev had as much heed in them as Thatcher did.

Ryan Tubbs

Stephen Kearon, according to the link above, has made what is in my mind extreme views on the deaths of the hunger strikers.
I certainly don't think it's particularly tasteful to mention that they died "painfully", and nor do I want to defend anyone who has enough self-esteem issues that he needs to run for the FF National Executive........but.......the fact remains that the hunger-strikers killed themselves. End of story. And unlike the hundreds of people in Ireland who commit suicide in Ireland every year, the H-Block crims were in full control of their mental faculties when they decided on this course of action.

So it's a legitimate question to ask: are these guys deserving of sympathy? I certainly don't think so.

bonkers

I certainly don't think it's particularly tasteful to mention that they died "painfully", and nor do I want to defend anyone who has enough self-esteem issues that he needs to run for the FF National Executive........but.......the fact remains that the hunger-strikers killed themselves. End of story. And unlike the hundreds of people in Ireland who commit suicide in Ireland every year, the H-Block crims were in full control of their mental faculties when they decided on this course of action.

So it's a legitimate question to ask: are these guys deserving of sympathy? I certainly don't think so.
I wouldn't expect anymore from a scumbag like you. This particular scumbag, Kearon, was an advisor to Cockroche. Would anyone expect any better?

Ryan Tubbs

I wouldn't expect anymore from a scumbag like you.
Why thank you.

On the other Thatcher thread, people are mocking a deceased old woman to beat the band. But try to question the motives of the hunger strikers, and you're a "scumbag".....

As the lady herself said, "It's a funny old world!"......