Concern on home help cuts

spidermom

And yet we hear the same old sh1te...we are doing all we can to keep the elderly in the community!!

Just shows how much the HSE and the Minister know about looking after the elderly....10 mins to get them up...15 mins for a shower...10 mins for breakfast....what should the home helps do if times up...just go???

hammer

Apologies for the language.

They just dont give a f....................................k

Its a pity Mary Harney didn`t have any kids herself. It might make her a bit more maternal.

Last edited:

spidermom

She did have a Mammy though!!..and one who needed a fair bit of care towards the end....this is a disgrace...home helps in the majority go way beyond whats in their contract..!!

hammer

She did have a Mammy though!!..and one who needed a fair bit of care towards the end....this is a disgrace...home helps in the majority go way beyond whats in their contract..!!
Maybe if she lived with someone in care 24/7 she would see what a complete and utter banker she has become.

theghost

In today's Irish Times it says that the home help service "would be restricted to medical card holders and home helps would be restricted to providing personal care for clients rather than also helping with house cleaning".

Seems to me that the HSE are trying to make it impossible for the elderly to stay at home. Those who don't have a medical card but can't afford a private home help will be driven into nursing homes.

Baron von Biffo

In today's Irish Times it says that the home help service "would be restricted to medical card holders and home helps would be restricted to providing personal care for clients rather than also helping with house cleaning".

Seems to me that the HSE are trying to make it impossible for the elderly to stay at home. Those who don't have a medical card but can't afford a private home help will be driven into nursing homes.
And then watch Harney increase the claw-back from their estates.

So, basically, don't engage in any sort of normal human contact, like chit-chat, with these elderly/isolated people - get in and get out as quickly as possible. Also, if they injure themself trying desperately to wash or dress or eat in as short a time as possible, leave them on the floor where they are and attend to them the following day, time permitting...

My parents are both in hospital this week (mum okay thank God, dad has a problem). I have spent hours with them because they were otherwise staring at the ceiling (mum paralysed, dad not allowed to move). I noticed the television panels above their beds. All the televisions are gone, removed to save money. That's right, Harney took away the tellys to pay for the reckless f*ckwittery and outright criminality of the developer/financier mates of McCreevey, Ahern, and Harney herself, aided and abetted by their right-wing deregulation 'fill your boots' cult. So my parents are stuck staring at the ceiling, all to help pay off a billionth of a percent of the deficit that those w*nkers created. And the people do nothing, say nothing - just take it. Just sit back and watch the poorest, in fact even the just averagely well off, get targeted to clean up the mess of the richest people's f*cked up and parasitical gambling spree. Meanwhile this mindless right-wing ghoul, whose ideology has been completely and utterly discredited and shat into the abyss of failed ridiculous ideas, is left to turn our health service into an even more f*cked up version of the American system, which the Americans themselves are now abandoning. I honestly believe that this country's population is one of the most docile and easily-led populations in the democratic world. F*cking incredible.

spidermom

Well I hope she has enough money in her Fair Deal fund so.....Fair Deal hit by processing delays - The Irish Times - Tue, Apr 27, 2010

and..

Fair Deal funding concern

bonkers

So, basically, don't engage in any sort of normal human contact, like chit-chat, with these elderly/isolated people - get in and get out as quickly as possible. Also, if they injure themself trying desperately to wash or dress or eat in as short a time as possible, leave them on the floor where they are and attend to them the following day, time permitting...

My parents are both in hospital this week (mum okay thank God, dad has a problem). I have spent hours with them because they were otherwise staring at the ceiling (mum paralysed, dad not allowed to move). I noticed the television panels above their beds. All the televisions are gone, removed to save money. That's right, Harney took away the tellys to pay for the reckless f*ckwittery and outright criminality of the developer/financier mates of McCreevey, Ahern, and Harney herself, aided and abetted by their right-wing deregulation 'fill your boots' cult. So my parents are stuck staring at the ceiling, all to help pay off a billionth of a percent of the deficit that those w*nkers created. And the people do nothing, say nothing - just take it. Just sit back and watch the poorest, in fact even the just averagely well off, get targeted to clean up the mess of the richest people's f*cked up and parasitical gambling spree. Meanwhile this mindless right-wing ghoul, whose ideology has been completely and utterly discredited and shat into the abyss of failed ridiculous ideas, is left to turn our health service into an even more f*cked up version of the American system, which the Americans themselves are now abandoning. I honestly believe that this country's population is one of the most docile and easily-led populations in the democratic world. F*cking incredible.
agree with every word

hammer

So your not happy :) Sorry to hear about your parents.

As the Greeks say

"We`re not Ireland. We dont bail out the rich
The Irish are a shower of gombeen ostriches that have no balls and believe that evertyhing will be ok some time soon "

B

boo-boo

As if!

And yet we hear the same old sh1te...we are doing all we can to keep the elderly in the community!!

Just shows how much the HSE and the Minister know about looking after the elderly....10 mins to get them up...15 mins for a shower...10 mins for breakfast....what should the home helps do if times up...just go???
Community care is just another word - I've seen it in relation to other client groups where community care was nothing more than an excuse to sell off valuable land, and send institutionalized vulnerable persons who spent their lives in institutions back into the community without providing any ancillary supports. But this was done with unfounded promises that money gained from the sale of these lands would be put back into services - we're still waiting!

As for setting times, I know of one organisation where the home help was expected to do four persons in one hour taking no account of the persons individual needs or the dependency levels of the client. I think the roll-back of community care is part of the philosophy of not providing care in the most appropriate setting and remember with fair care the government will be benefiting from institutional care - and probably hoping that that person will kick the bucket so they can pocket the proceeds of the percentage of the value of the house without associated expenditure on providing services and staff::p!

hammer

We are finally realising that we are BANKRUPT.

Money & ideas & leadership.

3000 HSE muppets no work - leads to 52 beds Beaumont Closed. Reduction in Home Help. No money for FAIR DEAL. Disgusting conditions in mental health. 300 people sleeping on trollies or chairs tonight.

You f.................... muppets voted for these clowns and will do so again. Its too bloody late.

spidermom

YEP!!!!

Its tough TA....Mam waiting for her GP to organise a cardiology appoinment for her...(over 70 now so on a medical card)..not feeling great so I put the foot down and said to her I'd set up a private appt for her...(she has VHI)...Within 3 day..she was diagnosed with a severe form of pernicious anaemia...has had 2 coronary stents(90% blockage in coronary arterties).and while they were doing a CT scan found she had sarcoidosis.

She could have waited for her public appointment of course...and her grandkids and her daughter are very grateful she didn't have to!!

It is f*cking incredible alright!!

B

boo-boo

Your not saying that in the years of the supposed celtic tiger that patients werent on trolleys or sleeping in chairs in overcrowded A&E's or that home help and community services were in place?

Irish people generally do suffer from short term memory loss....

YEP!!!!

Its tough TA....Mam waiting for her GP to organise a cardiology appoinment for her...(over 70 now so on a medical card)..not feeling great so I put the foot down and said to her I'd set up a private appt for her...(she has VHI)...Within 3 day..she was diagnosed with a severe form of pernicious anaemia...has had 2 coronary stents(90% blockage in coronary arterties).and while they were doing a CT scan found she had sarcoidosis.

She could have waited for her public appointment of course...and her grandkids and her daughter are very grateful she didn't have to!!

It is f*cking incredible alright!!
Weird form of almost-snap. Forced dad to go to Casualty while he was in visiting my mum, herself an in-patient after being brought in to Casualty. He hates seeing docs, but forced him. One artery blocked 100%, another 75%, him within hours of a massive attack (not picked up until then by anyone). Getting two stents on Monday. Didn't have to go private, but would have done had the nurses not been really nice and got him seen to quickly...

hammer

I suppose the money was diverted to sports & leisure at the whim of FF corrupt ( as per GRA ) to fancy hair treatments, for 1st class travel, for junkets, for Bertie`s make up, to the DDDA igb site, to ministers chauffeurs, to PPARS, to evoting, to luas over runs, to benchmarking, to fancy restaurants, ...........................

spidermom

Weird form of almost-snap. Forced dad to go to Casualty while he was in visiting my mum, herself an in-patient after being brought in to Casualty. He hates seeing docs, but forced him. One artery blocked 100%, another 75%, him within hours of a massive attack (not picked up until then by anyone). Getting two stents on Monday. Didn't have to go private, but would have done had the nurses not been really nice and got him seen to quickly...
Jays*us ...if it weren't for destiny or fate??...pathetic ain't it?

"but would have done had the nurses not been really nice and got him seen to quickly"....YEP.....them good ol' gals......a few of us left so....!!:)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies