Concern on home help cuts

I suppose the money was diverted to sports & leisure at the whim of FF corrupt ( as per GRA ) to fancy hair treatments, for 1st class travel, for junkets, for Bertie`s make up, to the DDDA igb site, to ministers chauffeurs, to PPARS, to evoting, to luas over runs, to benchmarking, to fancy restaurants, ...........................
There's a point - the combined amount for the televisions in that hospital wouldn't cover Ahern's make-up bill! I wonder would it cover the cost of Harney's junkets?

laidback

Harney says care in the community keeps people out of expensive hospital beds - hence her primary care teams.

Friend of mine tried to access his local primary care team which had been there over a year without any publicity so he only knew it was there as I accidentally found out about it. I gave him the brochure which said clients can self refer to any member of the 'team' so he rang the physio about his painful ankle - she said he needed a GP referral and said ' I was never told that, I need GPs to screen people out....' She refused to honour what was in the HSe brochure.

So he would have to pay €60 to a Gp to write that he has a painful ankle..he would not need that to go directly to a private physio.

I suspect these 'teams' are little more than a scam to spin that Harney is doing something about community care.

hammer

Dont get too upset.

People are beginning to finally realise they are being treated like gimps.

And yet some 23% of the population think they are doing a great job. Hopefully a few days in A&E will sort that problem out.

I`m actually thinking of getting rid of my private healthcare policy with Aviva and taking my chances.

All senior HSE managers have private healthcare paid by the State. And they are managing what service !!!!!!:) :) :)

So, basically, don't engage in any sort of normal human contact, like chit-chat, with these elderly/isolated people - get in and get out as quickly as possible. Also, if they injure themself trying desperately to wash or dress or eat in as short a time as possible, leave them on the floor where they are and attend to them the following day, time permitting...

My parents are both in hospital this week (mum okay thank God, dad has a problem). I have spent hours with them because they were otherwise staring at the ceiling (mum paralysed, dad not allowed to move). I noticed the television panels above their beds. All the televisions are gone, removed to save money. That's right, Harney took away the tellys to pay for the reckless ****wittery and outright criminality of the developer/financier mates of McCreevey, Ahern, and Harney herself, aided and abetted by their right-wing deregulation 'fill your boots' cult. So my parents are stuck staring at the ceiling, all to help pay off a billionth of a percent of the deficit that those w*nkers created. And the people do nothing, say nothing - just take it. Just sit back and watch the poorest, in fact even the just averagely well off, get targeted to clean up the mess of the richest people's ****ed up and parasitical gambling spree. Meanwhile this mindless right-wing ghoul, whose ideology has been completely and utterly discredited and shat into the abyss of failed ridiculous ideas, is left to turn our health service into an even more ****ed up version of the American system, which the Americans themselves are now abandoning. I honestly believe that this country's population is one of the most docile and easily-led populations in the democratic world. ****ing incredible.
Heh, I'd almost forgotten this little (and justified) rant...

patslatt

Concern on home help cuts

And yet we hear the same old sh1te...we are doing all we can to keep the elderly in the community!!

Just shows how much the HSE and the Minister know about looking after the elderly....10 mins to get them up...15 mins for a shower...10 mins for breakfast....what should the home helps do if times up...just go???
RARE SHOWER
Not ideal, but elderly could shower once a week as in the old days when many without water boilers washed out of a basin with a wet facecloth. That would increase time for other help.

Jack O Neill

RARE SHOWER
Not ideal, but elderly could shower once a week as in the old days when many without water boilers washed out of a basin with a wet facecloth. That would increase time for other help.
Why dont we just kill em off , its really FG favorite option

spidermom

Dont get too upset.

People are beginning to finally realise they are being treated like gimps.

And yet some 23% of the population think they are doing a great job. Hopefully a few days in A&E will sort that problem out.

I`m actually thinking of getting rid of my private healthcare policy with Aviva and taking my chances.

All senior HSE managers have private healthcare paid by the State. And they are managing what service !!!!!!:) :) :)
JAYSUS...look what Hammer posted in 2010.....what says you now Hammer!!
Wonder did you dump your Aviva??

FFS!

patslatt

So, basically, don't engage in any sort of normal human contact, like chit-chat, with these elderly/isolated people - get in and get out as quickly as possible. Also, if they injure themself trying desperately to wash or dress or eat in as short a time as possible, leave them on the floor where they are and attend to them the following day, time permitting...

My parents are both in hospital this week (mum okay thank God, dad has a problem). I have spent hours with them because they were otherwise staring at the ceiling (mum paralysed, dad not allowed to move). I noticed the television panels above their beds. All the televisions are gone, removed to save money. That's right, Harney took away the tellys to pay for the reckless ****wittery and outright criminality of the developer/financier mates of McCreevey, Ahern, and Harney herself, aided and abetted by their right-wing deregulation 'fill your boots' cult. So my parents are stuck staring at the ceiling, all to help pay off a billionth of a percent of the deficit that those w*nkers created. And the people do nothing, say nothing - just take it. Just sit back and watch the poorest, in fact even the just averagely well off, get targeted to clean up the mess of the richest people's ****ed up and parasitical gambling spree. Meanwhile this mindless right-wing ghoul, whose ideology has been completely and utterly discredited and shat into the abyss of failed ridiculous ideas, is left to turn our health service into an even more ****ed up version of the American system, which the Americans themselves are now abandoning. I honestly believe that this country's population is one of the most docile and easily-led populations in the democratic world. ****ing incredible.
WHERE THE TELEVISION MONEY WENT
Maybe into the pockets of the overpaid public sector workers too?

Most Replies

Top Bottom