Conference on Men's Issues: Challenging Misandry

Wascurito

This coming Saturday, November 18th, Wynn's Hotel in Dublin will host a conference on misandry which is defined as "dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e. the male sex).".

You can read more about it here and get tickets too.

It runs from 9am to 5pm and speakers include John Waters and James Behan.

The conference is run by Men's Voices Ireland which claims to be:
  • Claiming space in the national conversation for issues of concern to men and boys [and].
  • Addressing the injustices experienced by men and boys in our society.

Tickets are from 5-10 euro

D

Deleted member 45466

We've enough victims thank you very much.

Want good advice?

Don't get married.

The_SR

You picked a very bad day to plug this.

EUrJokingMeRight

Wait until RTE get hold of this.

Knickers. Twisted.

Betson

We've enough victims thank you very much.
Agree , the last thing we need is more professional victims , it is already a very thriving industry living off state money.

Having said that they have every right to meet up and air what grievances they might have , just like anyone else has the right to do so.

stopdoingstuff

I'll be out burning the jockstrap and refusing to be objectified. Like many feminists who do something similar, I will have little to fear in that department.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Firstly, these put-upon men should be demanding that the word be changed to Mrandry

Last edited:

GDPR

This coming Saturday, November 18th, Wynn's Hotel in Dublin will host a conference on misandry which is defined as "dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e. the male sex).".

You can read more about it here and get tickets too.

It runs from 9am to 5pm and speakers include John Waters and James Behan.

The conference is run by Men's Voices Ireland which claims to be:
  • Claiming space in the national conversation for issues of concern to men and boys [and].
  • Addressing the injustices experienced by men and boys in our society.

Tickets are from 5-10 euro
Is Merc a speaker in defence of misandry or has a "safe space" been declared?
I won't go if he isn't a speaker.

Betson

You picked a very bad day to plug this.
I would have no interest in such a meeting or organisation but what connection does this group have to with what is going on elsewhere, unless you are saying they are guilty by association of their gender.

If a few black people commit crimes does that mean that any other black group with no connection to those crimes who what to campaign or raise an issue about something should be dismissed?

D

Deleted member 45466

Agree , the last thing we need is more professional victims , it is already a very thriving industry living off state money.

Having said that they have every right to meet up and air what grievances they might have , just like anyone else has the right to do so.
Fair enough.

Men have genuine grievances that need to be addressed, particularly in the courts, and the work place (the persistent lobbying for quotas in every aspect of life is insufferable).

But do we really want to go down the same road as every other liberal/feminist cause?

Just let it all fall apart and then we can take over again.

madmullah

I am bring my Ken ala Barbie doll,
question
Can one who is transitioning but still retains the wedding tackle attend or is there a side event for those in that space

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies