Conference on Sharia, Segregation and Secularism

twokidsmanybruises

Huh?

Try this:
Science doesn't tell us much about homeopathy because a lot of what's behind it is still beyond the comprehension of mainstream sciences.
Homeopathy is NOT beyond the comprehension of mainstream science. It has been analysed, tested and experimented upon.

And, apart from the placebo effect, homeopathy is absolute rubbish.

https://www.badscience.net/category/complementary-medicine/homeopathy/

[video=youtube;TZiLsFaEzog]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZiLsFaEzog[/video]

twokidsmanybruises

The light still reaches the earth though. Anyway, the planets are much nearer.

Science doesn't tell us much about astrology because a lot of what's behind it is still beyond the comprehension of mainstream sciences.
Science doesn't tell us much about astrology because astrology is not science.

Right now we're waiting for our daughter to be born. She's a few days past the due date. It may be a neutral north or it may be a C-section ( she's big, over four kilos ).

The thing is, it would make no difference if she was born last week or if she will be born in the next few days. She's the same person.

It's moments like this that show up astrology as being completely pointless.

Vega1447

Vega1447

Science doesn't tell us much about astrology because astrology is not science.

Right now we're waiting for our daughter to be born. She's a few days past the due date. It may be a neutral north or it may be a C-section ( she's big, over four kilos ).

The thing is, it would make no difference if she was born last week or if she will be born in the next few days. She's the same person.

It's moments like this that show up astrology as being completely pointless.
Congrats & good luck to your partner & you with birth.

The Field Marshal

It isnt a demographic crisis. Yes the birth rates fell last year but that was after a record high. I support secularism because the Church is too obsessed with sex and denying women equality and not enough with poverty, war, human rights etc.
Complete nonsense.
:roll:

tsarbomb

@twokids

Congratulations...

Anyway, astrology only holds that celestial bodies have an effect on things that happen on earth, including people's personality. I believe there is something to that. There's proof of the moon having such an effect, so why not other bodies?

The point about your daughter being born at a different time is epistemology unsound. You can't know she would be a different person if born at another time.

The Field Marshal

Untrue. The light from stars in the so called Astrological calender takes thousands if not millions of years to reach earth. Science tells us Astrology is BS
You sound like one of those deluded people in search of a Black Hole.

Vega1447

Karloff

The light still reaches the earth though. Anyway, the planets are much nearer.

Science doesn't tell us much about astrology because a lot of what's behind it is still beyond the comprehension of mainstream sciences.
Ok what property of 'celestial bodies' do you think transmits the 'astrological effect'?

twokidsmanybruises

@twokids

Congratulations...

Anyway, astrology only holds that celestial bodies have an effect on things that happen on earth, including people's personality. I believe there is something to that. There's proof of the moon having such an effect, so why not other bodies?

The point about your daughter being born at a different time is epistemology unsound. You can't know she would be a different person if born at another time.
No, I don't think that holds up. The only reason you "can't know" is that to "know" would involve invasive procedures which my partner and I would obviously not agree to. But, with ultrasound, you can clearly see continuity in a child in the womb. You can see clear facial features, etc, that are consistent from scan to scan. So I'd guess feature or personality would be equally consistent.

I personally think there's nothing in astrology, but, my point is more that, if astral bodies can have an influence on "who" a person will be, surely the time of conception would be more important than the time of birth.

The most impressive thing, really, is how more advanced ultra scans have gotten. Full 3rd rotatable images. It's very cool.

Vega1447

As Mao said "no investigation, no right to speak". Get your own astrological birth chart done and than come back to me.
I'll accept Mao as an authority on mass murder.

But not on matters scientific.

But do share any evidence that you may have re astrology.

RasherHash

I'll accept Mao as an authority on mass murder.

But not on matters scientific.

But do share any evidence that you may have re astrology.
What do you base this notion on?

Clanrickard

Astrology was and is taken seriously by very powerful people, if you look into it you will find that while it doesn't explain everything by a long shot there is definitely a lot in it.
Astrology is BS. Just like your posts.

Karloff

As Mao said "no investigation, no right to speak". Get your own astrological birth chart done and than come back to me.
One thing i hate about Mao is how he promoted Traditional Chinese Medicine.

While Stalin was telling his people the future was STEM Mao was telling his people the exudate of a frog can cure arthritis.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies