• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Conor Lenihan- always good for a laugh!

Deep Throat

whilst discussing the PDs today with Fergal Keane, he was asked a rather silly question in my opinion, "If he was still leader of the PDs, would Dessie O'Malley tolerate Bertie Ahern as Taoiseach?"

Good old Crazyhorse pipes up and says "well he tolerated Charlie Haughey!" :shock: :oops:

well done Conor. In one fell swoop, you go and compare Bertie to Charlie! :lol:

Bertie must be delighted. ;)

pfkf1

indeed well said conor.

pfkf1

I must send conor an email congratulating him on his belief that
Ahern is the same as Haughey.

Kal-El

pfkf1 said:
I must send conor an email congratulating him on his belief that
Ahern is the same as Haughey.
I think it was more a criticism of O'Malley's opportunistic nature than a critique of Bertie Ahern. They are not the same, and to suggest so is as naive as it is offensive.

Big Bruffer

Yea I heard it as well, Fairly light hearted discussion. One of the guests compared coalition with Fianna Fail as ' like having oral sex with a shark'.

Lenihan wisely didnt comment on this!

johnfás

Big Bruffer said:
Yea I heard it as well, Fairly light hearted discussion. One of the guests compared coalition with Fianna Fail as ' like having oral sex with a shark'.

Lenihan wisely didnt comment on this!
Had it been a Turkish shark I'm sure he could not have resisted commenting on its dietary position.

badinage

Compound Fracture said:
The clear implication is that Bertie is as crooked as Haughey!
No it isn't. Its that Bertie isn't as 'crooked' as Haughey was

gonepostal

badinage said:
Compound Fracture said:
The clear implication is that Bertie is as crooked as Haughey!
No it isn't. Its that Bertie isn't as 'crooked' as Haughey was
Lenihan then went on to tell us how well the health service was working (cue much laughter from keane) maybe he should have listened to the incredible human stories from cf patients on joe duffy all week before he made that statement. it is going to be a really tough time for ff and those that suffer because of their imcompetence

spartacus

He"s a cute enough operator.
But, when push comes to shove, he's still his fathers son.

drjimryan

i really like conor.......he does however have a habit of stickin the size 10's in every now and then..........

funny thing is that because his fellow dsw ff td is such a total gobshite he really comes across well in the more intelligent parts of our constituency..........and thus (as i predicted) topped the poll in 07

WATERGATE

drjimryan said:
i really like conor.......he does however have a habit of stickin the size 10's in every now and then..........

funny thing is that because his fellow dsw ff td is such a total gobshite he really comes across well in the more intelligent parts of our constituency..........and thus (as i predicted) topped the poll in 07

I would suggest that you check your postings before you claim that Lenihan would top the poll?.

hiding behind a poster

drjimryan said:

You also claimed that his running-mate would only get about 3,000 votes - so you're hardly an all-seeing political genius, are you?

NotDevsSon

drjimryan said:

Actually his fellow FF TD is anything but a gobshite and has made some very impressive contributions to Dail debates.

MINISTER

There are times when Conor would be advised to keep his nose out of things!