• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Conor Lenihan (Minister for Science) to launch anti-evolution book

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
Just when you think that Fianna Fail can't surprise you any more, this happens:

Darwinism?The Origin of Specious Nonsense Book|EVOLUTION IS A HOAX|Irish Author John J May

Someone from Atheism Ireland rang the author and, yes, Conor Lenihan, Minister of State for Science, Technology and Kebabs, is launching a book that claims that evolution is a hoax.

Some quotes from the book:

"Believing we are a higher form of animal condemns us to a lower form of life."
7 Reasons Why I Detect and Reject Evolution

1: It teaches us to be satisfied with - not understanding origins.

2: It promotes the dangerous nonsense of no first cause - no supreme scientist and suggests order came from disorder.

3: It is a mataphysical speculation, a doctrine dressed up in scientific garb.

4: Anyone who teaches evolution is either ignorant or deliberately suppressing the known scientific facts.

5: It is a toxic poisonous mind virus which destroys the hearts immune system against hope and common sense.

6: It is an anaesthetic against reason.

7: It cripples sanity, promotes myths, obscures reality and elevates matter above a maker.
My flabber is well and truly ghasted. My outrage fatigue has finally hit rock bottom. Honestly, nothing this government does surprises me anymore.

EDIT: I just rang Lenihan's constituency office and yes, it was confirmed that this is absolutely true. The person who answered claimed that merely because a Minister for Science is launching - and therefore giving credence to - a book that attacks science, it shouldn't be taken that Lenihan agrees with the book!

EDIT: Full credit to Atheist Ireland which originally broke this story on their Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/AtheistIreland
http://www.atheist.ie/2010/09/science-minister-lenihan-to-launch-book-calling-evolution-a-hoax

P.

Last edited:

Cato

This is Conor Lenihan we're dealing with here. Surely you knew not to expect better. He's probably unaware (I could just put my full-stop here) of evolution altogether, let alone the nonsense religious arguments surrounding it.

Grumpy Jack

Just when you think that Fianna Fail can't surprise you any more, this happens:

Darwinism?The Origin of Specious Nonsense Book|EVOLUTION IS A HOAX|Irish Author John J May

Someone from Atheism Ireland rang the author and, yes, Conor Lenihan, Minister of State for Science, Technology and Kebabs, is launching a book that claims that evolution is a hoax.

Some quotes from the book:

My flabber is well and truly ghasted. My outrage fatigue has finally hit rock bottom. Honestly, nothing this government does surprises me anymore.

P.
The author is a constituent of Lenihan. I think this has more to do with local gombeenism than the propagation of anti-scientific theory.

He's just getting in ahead of Tallaman.

In fairness, surely the likes of Conor Lenihan and Charlie O'Connor throw the whole question of evolution up in the air?

Although, you can definitely discount intelligent design there...

Didimus

This is one amazing man:
"Marriage Counsellor..
Writer, Poet..
Author "The Origin of Specious Nonsense"..
Religious Leader..
Philosopher..
Businessman..
Lectured in the USA, Mexico, Canada, U.K & Ireland..
Owned a Public Relations Company..
Actor ..
Radio Show Presenter ..
Magazine Publisher"
Dublin Born Irish Author John J May "The Origin Of Specious Nonsense" Evolution Is Rubbish!
Compares himself to Abraham Lincoln

Who said you could never have too much self esteem?

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
Is Lenihan doing this as a Minister or as a mate??
He's a Minister for Science and is termed as such as on the poster. His position cannot but give credence to this book.

We're going to be the laughing stock of Europe.

P.

Cato

redhead101

5: It is a toxic poisonous mind virus which destroys the hearts immune system against hope and common sense.
Sounds just like Fianna Fail. Maybe that's why Conor feels such affinity!

making waves

Kind of confirms that young Conor is not the brightest chip in the woodpile.

realistic1

The author is a constituent of Lenihan. I think this has more to do with local gombeenism than the propagation of anti-scientific theory.

He's just getting in ahead of Tallaman.

In fairness, surely the likes of Conor Lenihan and Charlie O'Connor throw the whole question of evolution up in the air?

Although, you can definitely discount intelligent design there...
Even if he is a constituent of Minister Lenihen, I dont think you can launch a book without having some support and belief in it.

Conor

This is one amazing man:
"Marriage Counsellor..
Writer, Poet..
Author "The Origin of Specious Nonsense"..
Religious Leader..
Philosopher..
Businessman..
Lectured in the USA, Mexico, Canada, U.K & Ireland..
Owned a Public Relations Company..
Actor ..
Radio Show Presenter ..
Magazine Publisher"
Dublin Born Irish Author John J May "The Origin Of Specious Nonsense" Evolution Is Rubbish!
Compares himself to Abraham Lincoln

Who said you could never have too much self esteem?
"Evolution is a fantasy of farraginous farcical fatuous feculent facile facetiousness "
He knows many big words, and is therefore highly intelligent. In particular, he knows what "farraginous" means, and I don't, so he's plainly more intelligent than me, or anyone else in the same position. Looks like he's the real deal. I'd better believe what he says.

Socratus O' Pericles

Still I intend popping Conor a strongly worded letter and ccing my two local ffers Barry Andrews and Mary Hanafin. If I get a reply (unlikely) I'll keep you posted.

Socratus O' Pericles

Btw here is a post from him on another website:
Hi Everyone,

My Nmae is john J May and i live in Dublin Ireland and i have just written a book called; "THE ORIGIN OF SPECIOUS NONSENSE" which will be published in about 7 weeks. website Darwinism?The Origin of Specious Nonsense Book|EVOLUTION IS A HOAX|Irish Author John J May

I have heard about this site for a long time and came accross it tonight somehow connected to the brilliant writer Richard Dawkins (Love his style but am amayzed at his conclusions!)

Anyway whoever u are reading this.

Have a great life.

John J MayJohn J - John J May - Open Salon

the guy can't even spell which is a bit worrying in a published author!!

One assumes he is a loony right winger .

Leave him alone and perhaps he'll go away.

He might be spots.

LeDroit

Are you really surprised? This is the party of blasphemy laws, anti contraception, church indemnity and Opus Dei (Hanafins).

Tommythecommy

We already are a laughing stock thanks to FF

He's a Minister for Science and is termed as such as on the poster. His position cannot but give credence to this book.

We're going to be the laughing stock of Europe.

P.
We already are a laughing stock thanks to FF

Oppenheimer

Well considering Conor has, by most evidence to date, not really evolved at the same rate as the rest of us I can see why he would agree with the theme of this book.

YoungLiberal

"Evolution is a fantasy of farraginous farcical fatuous feculent facile facetiousness "
He knows many big words, and is therefore highly intelligent. In particular, he knows what "farraginous" means, and I don't, so he's plainly more intelligent than me, or anyone else in the same position. Looks like he's the real deal. I'd better believe what he says.
:D

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies