• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Conservative Christian Maltese Commissioner beats off red and green blocking

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
European Parliament approves Tonio Borg's nomination - timesofmalta.com

I'm not sure how many of you have been following this fascinating story, but this morning Tonio Borg has finally gotten through and extremely arduous and divisive vote to become the next European Commissioner for Health and Consumer Affairs. Borg has been a great Foreign Minister in Malta but his conservative views raised the hackles of the green and left wing parties in the EP. Personally, I'm delighted to see him get through and for one of Europe's smallest countries to get such a senior area of responsibility.

imokyrok

I'm not sure how many of you have been following this fascinating story, but this morning Tonio Borg has finally gotten through and extremely arduous and divisive vote to become the next European Commissioner for Health and Consumer Affairs. Borg has been a great Foreign Minister in Malta but his conservative views raised the hackles of the green and left wing parties in the EP. Personally, I'm delighted to see him get through and for one of Europe's smallest countries to get such a senior area of responsibility.
Disappointing to see women's health issues put on the back burner again by the EU through the appointment of this blatantly unsuitable person. Daily Kos: Silence and Denial Don't Work: Ireland, Malta, the European Union and the Lessons of Savita's Death.......

Last edited:

ShoutingIsLeadership

Normally if I saw a thread title with 'Conservative Christian' and 'beats off' in the same sentence, I'd expect a very lively thread....

Analyzer

If only he was as well suited to the job for which he was applying, as "We need to talk about Kevin" was for the job for which he was applying....because if they were as impressed as they were with Kevin then they would have backed him enthusiastically.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Disappointing to see women's health issues put on the back burner again by the EU through the appointment of this blatantly unsuitable person.

Abortion has nothing to do with women's health and perhaps having someone who believes is supporting the rights of the unborn would be a good balance within the Commission.

Analyzer

Cohn Bendit from Wikipedia.

Daniel Cohn-Bendit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cohn-Bendit worked in the Karl-Marx-Buchhandlung bookshop and ran a kindergarten. In his 1975 book Le Grand Bazar,[1] he described himself as engaging in sexual activities with very young children at the kindergarten.

In 2001 Cohn-Bendit said that the account was invented for purposes of "verbal provocation", and that “I admit that what I wrote is unacceptable nowadays”.
EU Making Paedophilia Legal Across Europe « Anti Oligarch

former wesleyan

If anyone thinks that Vatican City is Catholic they should visit or live in Malta for a while. As for corruption, Malta should be at the head of every league table.

Analyzer

As for corruption, Malta should be at the head of every league table.
Careful there now Rocky.

You might find yourself at the receiving end of serious sounding letters from well known wealthy Maltesers....

The OD

I'm delighted for Borg.

Green EU parl. leader Danny Cohn Bendit is in no position to query Borg, let alone anyone
given his record:
Principled Pedophilia and the German Left
If this is true then I truly, truly repulsed? If we are to have inquiries into clerical abuse then we need one immediately on Mr. Cohn-Bendit as it seems he has admitted to abusing children.

Absolutely f*cking sickening. I'm not normally one for violence but reading some of that made me want to punch him until his head resembled a watermelon that was dropped from a height.....

stopdoingstuff

If this is true then I truly, truly repulsed? If we are to have inquiries into clerical abuse then we need one immediately on Mr. Cohn-Bendit as it seems he has admitted to abusing children.

Absolutely f*cking sickening. I'm not normally one for violence but reading some of that made me want to punch him until his head resembled a watermelon that was dropped from a height.....
Yeah, if it's true then he should go to prison. It seems like there is a lot of this kind of thing coming to light these days, but in this case he seems to have openly admitted to it. How can he possibly be involved in politics. And if he can get away with it, how many other senior leaders have been getting away with it?

Fra_south_Derry

Its been known for years but somehow liberals seem to get away with things like this. Liberal media most likely standing up for their green friends.

stopdoingstuff

Wow- check this out. What a sicko.

[video=youtube;CMRVChjjFgY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMRVChjjFgY[/video]

former wesleyan

Careful there now Rocky.

You might find yourself at the receiving end of serious sounding letters from well known wealthy Maltesers....
They'd sell their wives. And frequently do.