• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

"Conservatives and liberals drink different beer"- Salon

Windowshopper

I came across an article in Salon which had the following headline. The basic jist of the article is that the journal Psychological Science have a report which traced the spending preferences of conservatives and liberals. Basically the report found that conservatives are more attached to established brands.

Conservatives and liberals drink different beer - Salon.com

In light of this article I thought it might be interesting if posters stated their political ideology, class and their beer preferences (or if they are tee total). I would be very interested to know if their is a coloration between certain brands and ideology among our Nordie posters.

With regards to myself I am politically liberal and I am from a working class backgroundand I usually drink Guinness but I'd go for an Indy beer if available.

Rufty

Liberal - Ciders (Mainly Magners/Bulmers but also Swedish Berry ciders are quite nice) and local whiskeys.

Honecker

I'm a grumpy old communist. I drink Smithicks.

Cassandra Syndrome

Classical Liberal - Various Lager Beers, Cider, Italian / French Wine, Vodka, Gin. Not brand loyal, focus on quality with thriftiness and occasion.

Cassandra Syndrome

Paddyc

centre-left libertarian secularist.

Guinness if out if not craft beers, IPA especially.

Hungry Dodo

Neoconservative. The preemptive blood of my possible future enemies.
Liberal, any good Weissbier or wine money permitting, not brand loyal.

zakalwe1

fairly conservative: carlesberg if on the lock, staropramen or erdinger if out for a few sociables, wine (sauvingnon blanc marlborough) at dinner, hennessey on other occasions.

zakalwe1

i think people are telling porkies here....
c'mon, if out on a session with your mates are you awkward by making the round "3 guinness, 2 heineken, and one obscure german craft beer thats a bitch to carry over to the table (big bottle and tall weird glass) for the poser in our group"

forest

well i refer to my self as socially liberal and also pro european
I drink Czech and German beers mainly Polish beer to a lesser extent

R3volution_R3ady

Whatever is available after 10pm. *sigh*

forest

i think people are telling porkies here....
c'mon, if out on a session with your mates are you awkward by making the round "3 guinness, 2 heineken, and one obscure german craft beer thats a bitch to carry over to the table (big bottle and tall weird glass) for the poser in our group"
yep that sounds like me
Most pubs in dublin now have czech beer on tap and if not bottles are normal shaped and you a given a normal glass with it

Victor Meldrew

At the liberal end of the Garret Fitzgerald Blueshirt spectrum.

Smithwicks.

Cassandra Syndrome

I would imagine the FG bots here would like anything that is served in ze Bier Halls they frequent.

pragmaticapproach

centre-left libertarian secularist.

Guinness if out if not craft beers, IPA especially.
Cross dressing, vegan neo nazi, I like to mix wine cooler with eichbaum beer.