• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Convicted of Purgery and Murder? No problem here's a promotion to 'Lance corpral'

st333ve

Convicted of Purjury and Murder? No problem here's a promotion to 'Lance corpral'

The father of a young father of 2 who was murdered by two British soldiers Mark Wright and James Fisher, died on Monday after years of failed campaigning for the two murderers to be removed from the British army.

http://www.irishnews.com/appnews/540/5860/2009/4/27/616115_379597692226Fatherof.html

The 18 year old was murdered after he was searched by the two British soldiers, they found nothing.
They shot at him as he ran away after the ordeal and as he was lying dying on the ground they shot him again killing the young father of two.
The soldiers were convicted of Purgery after they claimed they thought he had a bomb, it was revealed during the case that the two soldiers had actually searched him, found nothing let him go and then shot him in the back.

The two soldiers were convicted of murder three years later and given life sentences. In his judgment, Lord Justice Kelly delivered a stinging rebuke to the pair, accusing Fisher of having "deliberately lied" and speaking witheringly of the frailty of Wright's evidence. He said he considered both men "untruthful and evasive". Kelly's judgment was later upheld when the men's appeal against conviction was dismissed and they were also refused the right to take their case to the House of Lords.

The two men served only 3 years of their 'life' sentance after the Daily Mail started a campaign to have them freed, the men were then immediatly accepted back into the British Army dispite being convicted of cold blooded murder and purgery.

Mr.McBrides Mother and her daughter argue that allowing the soldiers to remain in the army amounts to the state sanctioning of her son's murder. They have been further incensed by the revelation that Fisher has recently been promoted to lance corporal.

In 2003 The mayors of Belfast and Derry took up the McBrides' boycott call, an action that led to unionists condemning the SDLP mayor of Belfast, Martin Morgan, for banning Spellar from his parlour. The McBride family also points to the double standards the MoD appears to have employed in dismissing Major Charles Ingram, the man found guilty of cheating on the TV quiz show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? "To treat Peter McBride's killers more leniently than a quiz cheat is a sick joke," said an east Belfast Alliance councillor, Naomi Long, adding: "It would appear that the army is more worried about bad publicity in England than justice in Northern Ireland."

Last edited:

ibis

Perjury is the offence of lying in court. "Purgery" would be something else - perhaps forcing people to undergo colonic irrigation...

Eirenua

Perjury is the offence of lying in court. "Purgery" would be something else - perhaps forcing people to undergo colonic irrigation...
Purgery
Pur"ger*y\, n. The part of a sugarhouse where the molasses is drained off from the sugar

ibis

Purgery
Pur"ger*y\, n. The part of a sugarhouse where the molasses is drained off from the sugar
Very good! How would you be convicted of it, though? Would you be "draining your molasses" in public, perhaps?

st333ve

So the a spelling mistake is the only thing worth commenting about when someone dies after trying to recieve justice for his dead son?
Typical.

I corrected the spelling mistake happy? (Although this stupid forum hasnt applied the changes)

ibis

So the a spelling mistake is the only thing worth commenting about when someone dies after trying to recieve justice for his dead son?

I corrected the spelling mistake happy?
I'm congenitally incapable of taking anything NI seriously. My mother's family left in the Fifties, and we've been excused ever since.

st333ve

Wow you're so great, can i be your friend?

I moved house once also, and i spend my time telling people how little i care about where i used to live.

It might sound ignorant and pointless, but it gives me an overflated sence of importance which i enjoy.

Its so nice to meet people with the morals of a brick wall.

Last edited:

ibis

Wow you're so great, can i be your friend?

I moved house once also, and i spend my time telling people how little i care about where i used to live.

It might sound ignorant and pointless, but it gives me an overflated sence of importance which i enjoy.
And an exaggerated sense of drama too:

"Dies after trying to receive justice"...makes it sound like he was killed in the course of his quest. "Dies of old age while seeking justice" would be more accurate, while still satisfying the dramatic urge.

Question R24U

In other "news":
- a torturer who tortured people in the US, will not be prosecuted because he did it under legal advice.
- a gunrunner serves his time and later becomes a TD in Kerry.
- a Minister who denied facilitating gunrunning when his co-accused say they did but with government consent, is acquited and later gets promoted to Taoiseach.
- a "volunteer" who was trained to kill (and may have done so), served some time and later becomes Deputy First Miister of NI.
- the soldiers who an army trained to kill; kill successfully and later get promoted.

Now whatabout....

st333ve

"Dies after trying to receive justice"...makes it sound like he was killed in the course of his quest. "Dies of old age while seeking justice" would be more accurate, while still satisfying the dramatic urge.

"bla bla bla bla bla" - Would make you sound a lot more interesting while still feeding your urge for spouting pointless nonsence irrelevent to the actual topic.

It would also highlight how much you dont care , giving you your sence of self importance without having to subject readers to your empty nonsence.

Last edited:

ibis

"bla bla bla bla bla" - by request.

Kerrygold

Jesus Christ, can people who have no genuine interest in the actual topic being discussed just, you know, not comment.

RIP and my condolences to the McBride family.

st333ve

Why dont they just empty their jails into their ranks and pay the scumbags a good wage for their psychopathic sadistic tendencies?

Nem

Why dont they just empty their jails into their ranks and pay the scumbags a good wage for their psychopathic sadistic tendencies?
No, that would be the Foreign Legion. And we can always get them to replace the BA. Merle would like that, I suspect... ;)

PaulMeyer

The B.A. has always turned a blind eye to the external crimes of its number.It has never been fussy about the race/record/crimes of its recruits.
Then how is is impossible for someone convicted of murder to join the British Army then? In fact it's effectively impossible for anyone who has served a custodial or even a suspended sentence to enlist. All crimes committed prior to enlistment must be declared and there are stringent and rigidly applied rules regarding the emlistment of anyone with a criminal record. Crimes of violence, dishonesty and those involving hard drugs pretty much rule out being accepted. Are you actually aware of the standards and requirements for recruits to HM Forces or are you just talking off the top of your head?

Some would argue that a murderer's temperament is actually a plus when you're employing somebody to 'face a rough and dangerous task'. It is, in part, what has made the B.A. so successful.
The fact that SOME people would argue this does not make it a fact, or indeed a stated or desirable characteristic for Army recruits. As for the Army's success I really think this is due to the quality of its training, discipline and leadership, and not to the supposed homicidal tendencies of some in its ranks.

mutley

Then how is is impossible for someone convicted of murder to join the British Army then? In fact it's effectively impossible for anyone who has served a custodial or even a suspended sentence to enlist. All crimes committed prior to enlistment must be declared and there are stringent and rigidly applied rules regarding the emlistment of anyone with a criminal record. Crimes of violence, dishonesty and those involving hard drugs pretty much rule out being accepted. Are you actually aware of the standards and requirements for recruits to HM Forces or are you just talking off the top of your head?

The fact that SOME people would argue this does not make it a fact, or indeed a stated or desirable characteristic for Army recruits. As for the Army's success I really think this is due to the quality of its training, discipline and leadership, and not to the supposed homicidal tendencies of some in its ranks.

Interesting how you inform us about the BA recruitment policy - but have absolutely nothing to contribute about a Soldier who shoots an innocent person in the back - gets a promotion.
Your silence on this speaks volumes

mothball

served only 3 years of their 'life' sentance after the Daily Mail started a campaign to have them freed,
That paper is nothing but trash.
I hope these pair get what they deserve if they're still in the British army. To Afghanistan with them and lets hope they have a Dominos Pizza outlet over there.

st333ve

Then how is is impossible for someone convicted of murder to join the British Army then? In fact it's effectively impossible for anyone who has served a custodial or even a suspended sentence to enlist.
Then explain how someone not only convicted of purjury, but murder can get back into the Army and promoted?

Obviously your opinion and reality are very detatched from eachother.

Popular Threads

Most Replies