• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Coordinated bomb attacks in Thailand kill four and injure dozens

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Thailand blasts: More explosions strike Thai tourist towns - BBC News

Almost certainly the work of a tiny handful of violent religious maniacs. Men, women and children caught up in the mayhem as planned.

I await with weary interest the new mental acrobatics and theories our resident regressive masochists will deploy to explain how this is merely the inevitable and richly deserved 'blow-back' for "Oil", "Imperialism" and "Carpet Bombing".

In the meantime, we can perhaps reflect on what the terrorists themselves say about why they're doing what they're doing.

derryman

Thats ok then . Bomb them to extinction. I am sure that will help Tony Blair sleep much better.

Analyzer

Will the head of the government lecture the people in an absurd and ridiculous manner ?

flavirostris

Was this the religion of peace again ?

Clanrickard

Will the head of the government lecture the people in an absurd and ridiculous manner ?
No. The Thai military don't do touchy feely. ANyone associated with this chump better get out fast.

maxflinn

Almost certainly the work of a tiny handful of violent religious maniacs. Men, women and children caught up in the mayhem as planned.

I await with weary interest the new mental acrobatics and theories our resident regressive masochists will deploy to explain how this is merely the inevitable and richly deserved 'blow-back' for "Oil", "Imperialism" and "Carpet Bombing".

In the meantime, we can perhaps reflect on what the terrorists themselves say about why they're doing what they're doing.

All you want to do Parlon is spread fear and hatred of Muslims. That's your sole mission of late, even though the kind of sickos that carry out terror attacks like this are a tiny percentage of followers of Wahhabism, you want to sell the notion that any Muslim is potentially liable to join them.

You keep reposting that quote in a bid to sell the notion that the Western barbarism that has started all this sh!t has nothing to do with it.

It has an awful lot to do with it! As does the fact that the US also gave the Saudis carte blanche to spread Wahhabism all over the place in return for selling them cheap oil.

The way to deal with the threat posed by adherents of Wahhabist Islam who turn to terror is multiple-fold.

The US and its allies need to cease all support for Wahhabist terrorists in Syria and work with Assad and Russia to crush them. I know this is hard for many to swallow seeing as Israel won't get its way, and another one of what it perceives as an enemy won't be overthrown for the Neocons/AIPAC/Israel, as Saddam was, and that will make you so sad, but fu** them and their destructive agenda!!

The US and its allies need to stop destroying Muslim countries.

The US and its allies need to stamp down hard on the Saudis and tell them that the spreading of their sick strand of Islam is going to stop, right away..

The US and Europe need to immediately close any Wahhabist Mosques where total condemnation of Wahhabist terror isn't preached every single day, and jail/deport any who support such terror, or don't satisfactorily preach against it.

And last but not least: people like you who spread hatred of the religion of Islam in general and Muslims of all types need to be muzzled, because all you are doing is making a bad situation worse, and creating the kind of resentment that breeds more radicalisation.

Analyzer

Maxflinn the entity that is spreading fear and invoking rebuke is the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. With Iran and Qatar havin similar ambitions but less capacity for menace.

If a political ideology pretending to be spirituality expresses itself by declaring it needs to force everybody into submission then it is entirely sensible that people see that there is something wrong with it.

The real fear is that it might all be unmasked.

TheWexfordInn

The US and its allies need to stop destroying Muslim countries.
As predicted within five minutes of bombs going off in Thailand the usual suspects immediately start using it as an excuse for US-bashing. I what kind of tool immediately links bombs going off in Thailand to the US apparently "destroying" Muslim countries?

A Voice

As predicted within five minutes of bombs going off in Thailand the usual suspects immediately start using it as an excuse for US-bashing. I what kind of tool immediately links bombs going off in Thailand to the US apparently "destroying" Muslim countries?
A tool like maxflynn.

maxflinn

Maxflinn the entity that is spreading fear and invoking rebuke is the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. With Iran and Qatar havin similar ambitions but less capacity for menace.

If a political ideology pretending to be spirituality expresses itself by declaring it needs to force everybody into submission then it is entirely sensible that people see that there is something wrong with it.

The real fear is that it might all be unmasked.
I don't think that anybody disagrees that Wahhabism is a very backwards, dangerous strand of Islam and yes, it's coming from Saudi Arabia and this needs to stop.

Iran might have hegemonic ambitions but no such sick ideology that Inspires terrorists comes from Iran. They in fact are the greatest enemy of the sickos who take Wahhabist rhetoric to its extreme.

Herr Rommel

I don't think that anybody disagrees that Wahhabism is a very backwards, dangerous strand of Islam and yes, it's coming from Saudi Arabia and this needs to stop.

Iran might have hegemonic ambitions but no such sick ideology that Inspires terrorists comes from Iran. They in fact are the greatest enemy of the sickos who take Wahhabist rhetoric to its extreme.
The whole faith is an affront to any decent human being.

kalipa

CCTV news is saying that the Thai Police say that it is "local sabotage" and have ruled out terrorism

A Voice

Hezbollah and Hamas. Read up.

maxflinn

Hezbollah and Hamas. Read up.
Hezbollah are to be commended, they threaten nobody but those who threaten them, and the Wahhabist scum trying to destroy Syria for the US and its allies.

Hamas are a resistance movement who were created to try to remove an illegal occupation of their land, and if you think Hamas' ideology comes from Iran you're even more brain dead than I thought you were.

GJG

Website
blog.hereshow.ie

Having lived there and read a lot the politics and society, I can tell you this has nothing to do with the wider global conflict between islam and the West.

Thailand is a fiendishly complex society with conflicting loyalties and cultural taboos against a lot of political and social expression. There is a long-running ethnic conflict in the far south with a muslim population more closely related to Malasya; but to claim this is related to the islam/West conflict makes about as much sense as saying that people joined the IRA to defend transsubstantiation.

Thai culture has presisted for at least 5,000 years and, apart from the Japanese invasion, colonialism entirely bypassed them. Thailand has many problems, which will be greatly magnified when the current king dies, but resistance to and dissatisfaction with the military dicataorship just doesn't take the same form as equivalent movements in countries like Russia, Turkey or Egypt.

As the king dies (he hasn't left hospital for years) there is intense and complex jockeying for position, which only very occassionally bubbles up to be visible to people outside the circles of power, such as when dozens of senior officials, including Bangkok's chief of police were sacked and arrested (they were loyal to the wrong clique) or when the wife of the crown prince was stripped of her right to use royal names.

There may be a CIA desk somewhere in Langley VA, or in the US embassy that has spent years studying intercepts that has a mastery of the machinations of what is going on in the power circles of Thailand, but apart from that, nobody - nobody - really knows, not even the participants. There are just too many wheels within wheels.

I would say it is unlikely (though not impossible) that these bombings are the work of the southern separatists, it has nothing in common with their tactics, capabiliites or area of operation; at a guess (particularly because the palace city of Hua Hin was hit) I would say that it is one power faction trying to embarass another or manipulate public opinion or both.

But one thing is certian: this has nothing to do with the wider conflict between islam and the West.

Herr Rommel

Hezbollah are to be commended, they threaten nobody but those who threaten them, and the Wahhabist scum trying to destroy Syria for the US and its allies.

Hamas are a resistance movement who were created to try to remove an illegal occupation of their land, and if you think Hamas' ideology comes from Iran you're even more brain dead than I thought you were.
Have you read the Hamas charter ?

Do you fully support it ?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies