Corbyn, a serial rebeller...demands conformity of thought and loyalty from Labour

Clanrickard

I don't believe that the Labour party is inherently anti-semitic. That debate is a distraction. I also believe in the state of Israel's right to exist, and I abhor the very troubling anti-Judaism and heinous treatment of Jewish people by various regimes in Europe throughout history. I also believe that people can object to the Israeli government's policies, without it being labelled Antisemitism.
It is not the criticism of Israel that is the problem. It is his penchant for hob nobbing with people who clearly are anti-Semitic.

Clanrickard

Dame_Enda

Yes but he doesn't call Hamas and Hezbollah his friends like some people.
Hezbollah are the only effective army in Lebanon. We saw the Lebanese army run away when Israel invaded in 2006, but Hezbollah inflicted 100 or so casualties on the Israeli side. They also represent the Shia community, who are the largest Muslim denomination in the country (if you exclude the Sunni Palestinian refugees who don't have citizenship). If we go down the road of confrontation against Hezbollah as Israel and the Trump admin have been hinting, you are disenfranchising their supporters and undermining the 1990 peace agreement which ended a terrible sectarian war. And given Hezbollah hasn't attacked Israel in 13 yrs it would be another Iraq-style pre-emptive war, with equally dubious excuses as that one.

Clanrickard

Hezbollah are the only effective army in Lebanon. We saw the Lebanese army run away when Israel invaded in 2006, but Hezbollah inflicted 100 or so casualties on the Israeli side. They also represent the Shia community, who are the largest Muslim denomination in the country (if you exclude the Sunni Palestinian refugees who don't have citizenship). If we go down the road of confrontation against Hezbollah as Israel and the Trump admin have been hinting, you are disenfranchising their supporters and undermining the 1990 peace agreement which ended a terrible sectarian war. And given Hezbollah hasn't attacked Israel in 13 yrs it would be another Iraq-style pre-emptive war, with equally dubious excuses as that one.
Utter utter rubbish. They are a terrorist organisation which wants to impose hardline Sharia law and whose head is on record as saying he wants to kill all Jews. Their "supporters" are people that right thinking politicians would have nothing to do with.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies