Corbyn in a "sticky" situation. CZ former spy makes claims

Analyzer

Jeremy Corbyn is left Red faced (deliberate pun) thanks to the latest revelations about him in the 1980s, by a former Czechoslovak spy.

Jeremy Corbyn knew I was a spy and was a Cold War source, says Czech 'diplomat' 

he Czechoslovak secret agent who met Jeremy Corbyn during the Eighties claimed last night that the Labour leader knew he was a spy and said the MP had supplied information to the Communist regime.

Speaking for the first time since it emerged that he had met Mr Corbyn, Jan Sarkocy on Friday dismissed the suggestion that the Islington North MP believed he was simply a diplomat.
Corbyn is now in a rather sticky situation.

And unlike here in Ireland, where politicians who were in communication with Soviet Bloc spies in the 1980s get a free pass from the media - on the condition that they exist in "public posture" mode, and then in a different mode when in power, Corbyn is going to have to answer questions.

In fact Corbyn may even have to explain the legality of what he was doing. Note - in Ireland selling out your country's interest, is not a treasonable offence. If it were the Dail would have a very different place.

This thread is to cover the discussion over Jeremy Corbyn and his rather "Sticky" predicament with the Communist Bloc in the 1980s.

What was Corbyn trying to achieve anyway ? Was this about the expression of "fraternal greetings" ?

Was there any money printing ?

Will the Dublin media, itself a safe space for former Marxist chancers, who were in Sticky situations, prove to be the last bastion of support for Corbyn ?

Last edited:

former wesleyan

Da yoof simply don't care. They've said so.

hollandia

Jeremy Corbyn is left Red faced (deliberate pun) thanks to the latest revelations about him in the 1980s, by a former Czechoslovak spy.

Jeremy Corbyn knew I was a spy and was a Cold War source, says Czech 'diplomat' 

Corbyn is now in a rather sticky situation.

And unlike here in Ireland, where politicians who were in communication with Soviet Bloc spies in the 1980s get a free pass from the media - on the condition that they exist in "public posture" mode, and then in a different mode when in power, Corbyn is going to have to answer questions.

In fact Corbyn may even have to explain the legality of what he was doing. Note - in Ireland selling out your country's interest, is not a treasonable offence. If it were the Dail would have a very different place.

This thread is to cover the discussion over Jeremy Corbyn and his rather "Sticky" predicament with the Communist Bloc in the 1980s.

What was Corbyn trying to achieve anyway ? Was this about the expression of "fraternal greetings" ?

Was there any money printing ?

Will the Dublin media, itself a safe space for former Marxist chancers, who were in Sticky situations, prove to be the last bastion of support for Corbyn ?
People don't care. People in the UK won't care and people in Ireland will care even less. Go back to bed.

GDPR

Good on him. Britain's enemy was the United States and NATO rather than the Soviet Union and the People's Democracies. Enoch Powell though firmly on the Right with his high IQ and deep patriotism was able to see that.

devoutcapitalist

Good on him. Britain's enemy was the United States and NATO rather than the Soviet Union and the People's Democracies. Enoch Powell though firmly on the Right with his high IQ and deep patriotism was able to see that.
Which countries would you have defined as the "people's democracies" during the Cold War?

Sync

“Everybody knew that ‘diplomat’ was just a cover for spy,” he said. “It was a conscious cooperation. Diplomat and agent were the same thing.”
So an assertion rather than statement of fact.

The mail have evidence though which falls firmly into the "not good" category.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5401097/Jeremy-Corbyn-paid-Czech-secret-police-spy-claims.html

So unless the documents are faked, the Soviets certainly regarded Corbyn as a source of information they were utilising. He has to answer this stuff, and the most likely one is "I didn't know they were spies, but I mouthed off to people I knew I shouldn't be mouthing off to".

Last edited:

devoutcapitalist

On Corbyn most Labour politicians and members don't seem to be bothered about these latest allegations.

Analyzer

So an assertion rather than statement of fact.
Actually, your response is the actual assertion.

The Spy, has made a claim, based on his area of professional competence, what constitutes spying and intelligence provision.

You have made a claim on yours - denial :))))

Analyzer

Czechoslovakia along with the other Warsaw Pact countries were anything but democratic, they were oppressive dictatorships.
It was dictatorship in the name of the people. A very superficial concept.

And not a concept that has been completely eliminated.

Consent is assumed, but never requested. It applies to everything from the PRAVDA tax, to EU dictats, to bank bailouts.

But that is a topic for another discussion.

Sheeple_Waker

Interesting. What kind of information was he in a position to leak then i wonder, being a backbencher.

Sync

Actually, your response is the actual assertion.

The Spy, has made a claim, based on his area of professional competence, what constitutes spying and intelligence provision.

You have made a claim on yours - denial :))))
"Everyone knows who Ronaldo is, so person A knows who Ronaldo is". It's assuming direct knowledge, it's an assertion. It's not supportable, it's not interesting.

As for his claim: There were people who were diplomats, there were people who were spies, there were people who were both. A claim that anyone who spoke to those 3 parties "Knew" what they were truly up to without explicit discussion isn't credible.

hollandia

I'm no Corbyn fan, but this is the Daily Telegraph.

Has the story been carried on other media?
Sky news also carries a flat out denial from the former head of Czech spying - stating bluntly that he was never recruited, registered or paid. What's happened here is that Analyzer has prematurely ejaculated.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Yes It's in The Sun and The Daily Mail.

I know, I know, they are staunch Tory papers.
Sort of QED really, then.

When a respectable media outlet decides it's worth reporting, I'll take it a bit more seriously. Life is too short after all.

And I promise you, I'm no admirer of Corbyn.

hollandia

Czechoslovak spying surely.
Yes, but the person I'm referring to is a czech. Interestingly the former spy is described as a "czech" despite being a slovak,

https://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-corbyn-denies-claims-he-was-paid-to-spy-on-britain-during-cold-war-11253891

He said: "As Svetlana Ptacnikova, director of the Czech Security Forces Archive, has made clear, Jeremy was neither an agent, asset, informer nor collaborator with Czechoslovak intelligence.

"These claims are a ridiculous smear and entirely false.

"The former Czechoslovak agent Jan Sarkocy’s account of his meeting with Jeremy was false 30 years ago, is false now and has no credibility whatsoever.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies