Cork:3 members of family die in un-usual circumstances

eyeSpy

putting this in this topic because no evidence of crime at present...
it has some signs of being a very very sad story......
the girls were discovered when the gardai went to inform the next of kin about the death of the father.

Gardaí probe three East Cork deaths | BreakingNews.ie

Two young girls were found dead in a house in East Cork this morning shortly after a man was killed in a nearby car crash.

The two, reported to be aged seven and two, were found in their home just outside the village of Ballycotton at around 10.30am.

A man, reportedly the girls’ father, had died in a single-vehicle car accident several miles away on the Ballycotton to Shanagarry Road at about 9.45am.

A Garda spokesman said the dead man was discovered in a car which was destroyed in a fire after crashing into a tree.

No other vehicle was involved.

It is understood local Garda detectives spent some time attempting to contact the children’s mother, who had gone to work in Cork city this morning.

The two daughters were found in a room inside the house.

Read more: Gardaí probe three East Cork deaths | BreakingNews.ie

locke

I can't imagine many jobs worse than being that garda who has to tell the mother.

People forget what some garda duties are.

frequency

Suicide.

Obviously now there will be loads of funding to stop rural suicides, instead of speed cameras on the N11.

Dreadful story and not an isolated one.

eyeSpy

Should this not be in the Cork forum.
it's not only stuff that happens in Dublin which is of national interest you know fellow?

But I did look in the Cork section before posting and it looked a little quiet for such a story.

One is reluctant to speculate on this story but find it hard not to.

Newsy

To the family and friends of those involved, my heart goes out to.

No matter what the circumstances, this is a tragedy, for all concerned.

RIP.

Neave86

Seriously, what's with people killing members of their families (especially innocent children) and then killing themselves? It's unbelievably cruel and so, so unfair. That poor woman in Cork, can't imagine how anyone would deal with that.

eyeSpy

Murder-suicide?
given the stats re. murderers being known to the victim it is likely.

the death of the male adult in Cork is particularly strange.
I have heard that a large proportion of single vehicle accidents involving males are suicides.
the people involved do so to avoid the stigma attached it is said.

that said, who knows, maybe the male victim was not involved in the killings but was after or going to get the person responsible.

Cassandra Syndrome

Horrible tragic incidents. That poor woman with such an appaling affliction that very few people could possible even imagine.

It is a way too early to speculate, but given that the 2 incidents are isolated, I would suspect the state of the country is driving people over the edge, literally.

Grumpy Jack

Horrific tragedies and RIP for all the dead. There may be more to follow as the gardai are still hunting for the suspect in the Newcastle West case.

But looking at the bigger picture tomorrow, FF may have got incredibly lucky today on the back of these tragedies.

All the headlines tonight and tomorrow will be about two multiple murders that have left seven people dead, so far. Expect the papers to concentrate serious coverage to these murders - with the bailout and EU/ECB/IMF talks relegated to inside pages.

In the same way, Ireland is old news for the UK media now that William has got engaged.

A good day to bury bad news...?

And before the lot of you turn your fire on me for stating the above - the exact same calculation is being made in newsrooms across Dublin and in Government Buildings/Dept of Finance.

New Threads