• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Cork DJ Neil Prendeville lashes out...

NewGoldDream

Website
-
...at just about anything and everything, Africans, politicians, the public sector etc. etc. Seems to be generating a fair amount of comment on Cork forums and on FaceBook...unfortunately much of it in support of the rant. So, does he make valid points or is it a cynical attempt to increase listener numbers by appealing to the lowest common denominator?

Taken from the Neil Prendeville Show on Cork's 96 FM - Tuesday May 14th 2013

https://soundcloud.com/colm96/neil-tues-14th-may-2013#play

We have created a country that is governed by men and women who are motivated by greed and cronyism…. Employing as staff members, husbands and wives, sons and daughters, boyfriends and girlfriends, we have created a country that has people who won’t work now joined by people who cant work, we provide medical cards to Africans while irish children go sick because their working parents can’t afford a doctor’s visit or prescription, we provide social welfare to former Russians and childrens allowance to kids living in eastern Europe…..we have a local government who offer public authority housing to families who turn them down because the gardens are not big enough or its too far from where they grew up, we annually send hundreds of millions of euro of tax payers money all over the world in foreign aid, in many cases to country’s run by corrupt dictators, we pay politicians to go on junkets to the likes of morocco and sign themselves in as present in the dail……. While 500,000 under 25 years olds had to beg borrow or steal the price of a flight and for digs in Australia, England, Canada and America because Ireland couldn’t deliver and paid out €75 billion to overseas gamblers, who lost but still insisted on being paid back their stake. We would teach the Russians the rule book on corruption.

We gloryify pop stars who pay no tax in the country they live…. We tolerate both tax evasion and tax avoidance while we allow yellow flak jackets stop innocent law abiding citizens in the morning and ask them where they are going…… while we strangle the working man in tax to pay a dail full of politicians, a grossly overstaffed public sector, a health system that should be envious of a third world country and pay billions in welfare and benefits annually to people, not all but enough, who don’t need nor deserve them, except to work and claim, drive new cars and watch flat screen hd tv’s…….and we allow healthy profit making companies, many state owned, to consistently increase their prices and their profits…. We allow international multi national superstores to invade our country and decimate small to medium size irish businesses, many family run for generations, through bulk buying and below cost selling. We have toothless and cowardly city and county councils, a seanad that’s nothing more than a jolly boys and girls club for friends and failed politicians. We re-employ retired public sector workers while we deny young graduates jobs, We have a public versus private sector civil war where the public sector seem to believe they should be exempt to pain and have the strike weapon to threaten the government while the private sector middle class failed self employed contemplate suicide…..

We allow two year olds to die on the side of the road and a private health insurance system that’s being deserted by members in their hundreds of thousands as they flee to the public health system….. We have children going to school hungry , to an education systems that is in itself corrupt with cosy deals for book publishers, we have cars that can’t be taxed because families pay income tax, property tax, household tax, refuse tax, water tax, vat on products and services, bank charges, morgages, rent, food, heat light, insurance, books, clothes, footwear, petrol………..

And a toothless national media who have neither the ability nor the wherewithal to ask the hard questions…

firefly123

Is he the guy who was fapping on a plane?

Ren84

A mostly incoherent rant, though there is some truths hidden among the crap being spouted. The bit about families turning down council housing sounds familiar.

Ramon Mercadar

The ejaculations of an autoeroticist.

firefly123

So it's ok to call him a bit of a wànker so?

richie268

OK here is my rant in 5 words.
We live in a kleptocracy.

Makes one think of all the lost adverts.

daveL

he's a massive pr1ck that fella

:oops:

but to be honest; it's a decent rant

I can't say I don't echo similar frustrations every day

but the messenger will be shot in this case

Last edited:

SirTallaghtban

My Facebook feed was filled up with lemmings complaining about how racist his rant was.

How was it racist?

And whats a former Russian?

daveL

My Facebook feed was filled up with lemmings complaining about how racist his rant was.

How was it racist?

And whats a former Russian?
He probably meant those who once lived in the former USSR

and Irish people love a good offence... our biggest national failing is the fear of confronting and dealing with topics which might be even slighty controversial... the default auto response is one of moral indignance and hysteria..

tigerben

His getting a lot of support, most people will find a point they agree with. It is shocking that working people cant afford to bring their children or them selves down to the doctor when sick. Its shocking that a Irish person who has worked for years is made shoot through hoops to get the dole , when it seems to be more easy for those that never paid in whether Irish or not to get assistances. I don't listen to Neil, but I do agree with him on this.

sadmal

His getting a lot of support, most people will find a point they agree with. It is shocking that working people cant afford to bring their children or them selves down to the doctor when sick. Its shocking that a Irish person who has worked for years is made shoot through hoops to get the dole , when it seems to be more easy for those that never paid in whether Irish or not to get assistances. I don't listen to Neil, but I do agree with him on this.
One that point I also agree with him.

goosebump