Cork Hurling Mess

Glennshane

That has not at all been helped by the fact of the Clubs in Cork not standing up to and dealing with that problem long before now - whether it's by way of Club Delegates voting by a show of hands on their own stead or having to make split moment decisions on stuff at Co Board Meets which might be contrary to what the wishes of their Clubs would be in a majority sense-

There are no delegates of clubs on County Committees. There are representatives of clubs on some County Committees. Representatives have a right to do their own thing but, of course, for the next year, a club has a right to appoint a different representative.

The basic problem is that county players have become too big for their trousers. And they are parasites on the GAA - and seem to be totally unaware of same.

A team which is not totally under the control of a County Board has no right to be taking part in inter-county competition.

jpc

That has not at all been helped by the fact of the Clubs in Cork not standing up to and dealing with that problem long before now - whether it's by way of Club Delegates voting by a show of hands on their own stead or having to make split moment decisions on stuff at Co Board Meets which might be contrary to what the wishes of their Clubs would be in a majority sense-

There are no delegates of clubs on County Committees. There are representatives of clubs on some County Committees. Representatives have a right to do their own thing but, of course, for the next year, a club has a right to appoint a different representative.

The basic problem is that county players have become too big for their trousers. And they are parasites on the GAA - and seem to be totally unaware of same.

A team which is not totally under the control of a County Board has no right to be taking part in inter-county competition.
I don't like to mention this.
But if people with your perspective gain the ascendancy.
Gaa in Cork will become a minority passtime.
That parasite comment doesn't stand up to scrutiny and is deeply insulting comment to make to individuals who have put huge time into the game.
Using you logic the manager should do the job gratis also?
Wouldn't that be the case as it would a great honour to lead the flower of Cork manhood into amaetur sporting contest.

diddleydoo

Gerald McCarthy is a legend with five all-Ireland medals and a gentleman. Nobody I know has anything against him personally. We just don't agree with his stance on this issue.

If Kilkenny win a four in a row then fair play to them. But to let them do it without the real Cork team trying to stop them would be a betrayal of the greatest legends of the Cork game our own for in a row team.
I agree. The guy was chosen because those who appointed him had a motive and knew he would be easily manipulated. Unfortunately spectacular acts on the field are no guarantee for spectacular acts off the field and Mc Carthy has been well and truly abused (from both sides) in this affair. In a way my heart goes out to him because I actually believe him when he says he was doing what he believed was best. It just turns out that what he believed was a crock of the brown stuff.

Shane.

Glennshane

" But if people with your perspective gain the ascendancy. Gaa in Cork will become a minority passtime."

Where is your evidence for that belief? The GAA can do without county teams and county players. Have you any idea how much they are costing us?

"That parasite comment doesn't stand up to scrutiny and is deeply insulting comment to make to individuals who have put huge time into the game."

What have they done to fund raise for their clubs?

"Using you logic the manager should do the job gratis also?"

Indeed, he should - and likewise all managers of all GAA teams.

Ah Well

Normal service resumes:

Source: RTÉ Sport GAA Championship: Striking stars return to Rebels squad

Striking stars return to Rebels squad

Cork caretaker manager John Considine has made 14 changes to the Rebels side for their NHL encounter with Clare on Sunday.

Considine's decision to include 14 of the county's striking stars means left corner-back Conor O'Sullivan is the only player who featured in the earlier rounds of the league to make the starting lime-up.

Seán Óg Ó hAilpín, Joe Deane, Diarmuid O'Sullivan, Jerry O'Connor and Brian Murphy are the only big names missing from the Cork squad.

Cork squad to face Clare in Cusack Park on Sunday at 2.30pm:

D Óg Cusack; S O'Neill, E Cadogan, C O'Sullivan; J Gardiner, R Curran, K Hartnett; T Kenny, C Naughton; B O'Connor, N McCarthy, P Cronin; P Horgan, N Ronan, K Murphy
Subs: M Coleman, C Murphy, K McGann, G Callanan, B Johnson, K Murphy, T Óg Murphy, B Corry, P O'Sullivan.

spidermom

shouldn't you wait till after Sunday before you start saying normal service resumes??

spidermom

Middleaged

shouldn't you wait till after Sunday before you start saying normal service resumes??
I had to go home at the start of March for my nieces confirmation, and Bishop Buckley said during mass, this was before the final solution was reached, that Cork would beat Clare.

Ye see we now have God on our side........

C'mon de rebels.

spidermom

I had to go home at the start of March for my nieces confirmation, and Bishop Buckley said during mass, this was before the final solution was reached, that Cork would beat Clare.

C'mon de rebels.

Having the bishop on your side is not the same as god you know.....just ask the actress!!

Ah Well

C'mon de rebels.
Ah the Bishop is a fierce man for the GAA .... handy Road Bowler too AFAIK

:D

jdckelly

Denis Walsh (St. Catherine's) will be the new manager
very little experience but lets see how he does, kilkenny will be his 1st game i think

Ah Well

Denis Walsh (St. Catherine's) will be the new manager
Yep;

Former Cork dual star Denis Walsh has been named manager of the county's senior hurling team.

Walsh, 44, a member of the St Catherine's club in East Cork, has won two Senior Hurling and two Senior Football All-Ireland medals.

Walsh previously managed the Waterford footballers from 2001 to 2003 and has also coached successfully with his club.

The decision to name Walsh was made by the committee chosen to make the appointment by GAA Central Council. It comprised Denis Coughlan (chairman), Jimmy Barry Murphy and John Fenton.

Walsh will be officially unveiled to the press in Cork on Monday 30 March.

Source: RTÉ Sport GAA Championship: Walsh named Cork hurling manager

spidermom

Yep;

Former Cork dual star Denis Walsh has been named manager of the county's senior hurling team.

Walsh, 44, a member of the St Catherine's club in East Cork, has won two Senior Hurling and two Senior Football All-Ireland medals.

Walsh previously managed the Waterford footballers from 2001 to 2003 and has also coached successfully with his club.

The decision to name Walsh was made by the committee chosen to make the appointment by GAA Central Council. It comprised Denis Coughlan (chairman), Jimmy Barry Murphy and John Fenton.

Walsh will be officially unveiled to the press in Cork on Monday 30 March.

Source: RTÉ Sport GAA Championship: Walsh named Cork hurling manager

And can we ask....how the 08 lads will react to this or is that all history now???

Ah Well

And can we ask....how the 08 lads will react to this or is that all history now???
they're back playing since last week under the interim Manager John Considine and bate Clare as well last weekend;)

No reason to suspect that they've any prob with Denis Walsh .... if there is watch this space ... we'll be quick enough to advise if there were! :D

spidermom

they're back playing since last week under the interim Manager John Considine and bate Clare as well last weekend;)

No reason to suspect that they've any prob with Denis Walsh .... if there is watch this space ... we'll be quick enough to advise if there were! :D

All digits X!!!!!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies