Cork Hurling Mess

Ah Well

All digits X!!!!!
Nah no probs envisaged .... Tomas Mulcahy and Ger Cunningham were also in there for consideration

But ..... ;

1. Why not pick one of those two instead?
2. Was there something decided upon that may have ramifications?
3. Will there be more furore?
:eek::eek::eek:

No... please ... we really don't want anymore ... honest

Well... just let the go after the County Board Crusade ensue ...as it is ..... we can live with that :D

Ballycannon Boy

There have been no winner’s only losers in this conflict and now the decision to appoint Denis Walsh a great player himself in his day as manager for two years is a bad call. I wish him and the team well but I feel the damaged cause by this dispute will be felt for years to come.

spidermom

Not a great day for the 08 panel and Denis today!

A bit game shy! Kilkenny fe8king awesome and VERY scary!!!

However Wexford!!!!

Go on ye good things!!!

Ah Well

Not a great day for the 08 panel and Denis today!

A bit game shy! Kilkenny fe8king awesome and VERY scary!!!

However Wexford!!!!

Go on ye good things!!!
Certainly not a good day ... will readily admit that :mad:
There's prob an element of match fitness with the Cork boys - they did beat Limerick last week but twas a late surge managed that when they looked beaten then too .... so that would suggest that fitness/plain simple matches under the belt is an element
But I and most Cork ppl were under no illusions as to how good Kilkenny are in the first place ... and they proved that today
Looking very like no-one will match them come Sept again ... but we can all hope (including us round De Banks) ;)

spidermom

Cruel of me to resurrect the post!!!

Just needed somewhere to post about Wexford really!!!

Kilkenny will be the ones to beat...there can be no doubt!...a fact you no doubt will remind me of when they hammer us later on in the year!!!(SIGH!!!)

Middleaged

There's prob an element of match fitness with the Cork boys - they did beat Limerick last week but twas a late surge managed that when they looked beaten then too .... so that would suggest that fitness/plain simple matches under the belt is an element
But I and most Cork ppl were under no illusions as to how good Kilkenny are in the first place ... and they proved that today
Looking very like no-one will match them come Sept again ... but we can all hope (including us round De Banks) ;)
I had the pleasure of avoiding this today, due to other thing's.

Next training session should start like this,

Lads, drop your hurls for a minute, now reach down and find your balls, because if things don't improve they are the only one's you'll end your career playing with.

Anyone up for that legacy?

Rebel CNC

I had the pleasure of avoiding this today, due to other thing's.

Next training session should start like this,

Lads, drop your hurls for a minute, now reach down and find your balls, because if things don't improve they are the only one's you'll end your career playing with.

Anyone up for that legacy?
Worrying thing is that we missed Gardiner and Sean Og and only O' Neill, Curran and Cusack played well. The younger players coming through are well off the standard required.
The effects of lack of investment in games development at under age level and subsequent barren spell at minor and u21 age level, are now beginning to be felt at senior level.

Until the city clubs start producing their share of inter county talent again, we are in for a hurling famine on Leeside! The likes of the Barrs, Blackrock, etc have hardly competed beyond q final stages of Cork SHC in recent years. Midleton seem to have stopped playing hurling altogether!

Amach na Casca

The manner of the defeat must be a major worry - 27 points. :eek: Even Wexford don't get beaten by that much against the Cats. ;) The munster championship will be a cracker this year as i think theres nothing between Limerick, Cork, Tipp, Waterford. Kilkenny however look a shoe in for 4 in a row in the big one. Nobody in the hurling world can come near them i'm afraid.

wysiwyg

You've just outlined the real problem AnC... the Munster championship will be a cracker, but because the teams are as poor as each other as much as they are as good as each other.

Kilkenny decided over their past two games to lay down a marker, and to cut out the "great Munster hurling" lie... they absoutely annhialated Tipp last week, and Cork yesterday for no more reason than they can. Couple that to what they did in the last two All-Irelands against Limerick and Waterford, where the matches were over within 15 minutes, and you can get some idea of how absolutely dominant they are.

People talk about Galway being their only challenge, but Tipps victory over them yesterday showed up how far away they are too.

It's pretty simple. You could take the 15 best hurlers from the country outside of Kilkenny, and they still wouldn't beat what Kilkenny could produce.

They beat Tipp by 17 points pulling up, with 6 All Stars on the bench or injured.

It's hard to say as a proud Tipp supporter.. but Kilkenny are simply too good for everyone

Amach na Casca

I thought Tipp would have given Kilkenny a better game than Waterford last September if they made it, i'm now not sure though. Tipp are probably the second best team around. The league table (if the league is to be taken seriously) would seem to suggest Tipp are the best of the rest. Still Kilkenny tore them a new one. Kilkenny were only pissing about against Waterford, Limerick this year in the league. Now they are demolishing Cork, Tipp, Galway for fun. Probably one of the best hurling teams of all time!

meriwether2

Yesterdays victory for Tipp over Galway was a real blow for Galway.

Admittedly, we didnt have as bad a day as Cork............but in reality we were hoping to be the second best team this year, with the chance that Kilkennys team bus might crash on the way up to the Final against us........with the death of all on board, meaning we might pick up Liam by default.

There was much mirth directed at Waterford last year after their rout against Kilkenny.

I have a horrible feeling that this year, 2 from Tipp, Galway and Cork will feel the same wrath, with the same effect.

Amach na Casca

Yesterdays victory for Tipp over Galway was a real blow for Galway.

Admittedly, we didnt have as bad a day as Cork............but in reality we were hoping to be the second best team this year, with the chance that Kilkennys team bus might crash on the way up to the Final against us........with the death of all on board, meaning we might pick up Liam by default.

There was much mirth directed at Waterford last year after their rout against Kilkenny.

I have a horrible feeling that this year, 2 from Tipp, Galway and Cork will feel the same wrath, with the same effect.
That'll be your best chance meri. Know much about tampering with brakes? Probably some stuff on the net about it.

Ah Well

Diarmuid "The Rock" O'Sullivan has confirmed his retirement from inter county hurling;

RTÉ Sport: GAA - O'Sullivan confirms Rebels retirement

Seems to state that he has concentrated on playing Rugby and Club Hurling in recent times. Wondering if there's more to it than that tho - someone mentioned to me a few weeks back that the Rock had walked out of training with the new Cork set up. Whether or not that actually occurred I cannot be sure.

Middleaged

Diarmuid "The Rock" O'Sullivan has confirmed his retirement from inter county hurling;

RTÉ Sport: GAA - O'Sullivan confirms Rebels retirement

Seems to state that he has concentrated on playing Rugby and Club Hurling in recent times. Wondering if there's more to it than that tho - someone mentioned to me a few weeks back that the Rock had walked out of training with the new Cork set up. Whether or not that actually occurred I cannot be sure.
I'm not surprised, he served us well, but last year my nurse, a watergrasshill woman, re-labelled him "the Pebble", after the Kilkenny match.

He was simply superb under that high ball coming out,taking and giving a shoulder, and we can't dispute he's motivational qualities for players and crowd alike, and he could turn like an Oil Tanker.

He will be missed.. but its time to move on.

Ah Well

I'm not surprised, he served us well, but last year my nurse, a watergrasshill woman, re-labelled him "the Pebble", after the Kilkenny match.

He was simply superb under that high ball coming out,taking and giving a shoulder, and we can't dispute he's motivational qualities for players and crowd alike, and he could turn like an Oil Tanker.

He will be missed.. but its time to move on.
Yeah, the Rock lost the edge a lil quite a while back imho

Estragon

Its been a good week for Gerald!
"O’Reilly who has a very tight haircut wore a Celtic soccer jersey, grey tracksuit pants and white runners in court today."

Quality.

Someone called out the result of the Galway Cork match on the terrace at Ballybofey on Saturday night and everyone spontaneously cheered.

I hope the mess has done the players some good, because the whole sorry affair has just made Cork's good name dirt in the wider GAA community.

Ah Well

"O’Reilly who has a very tight haircut wore a Celtic soccer jersey, grey tracksuit pants and white runners in court today."

Quality.

Someone called out the result of the Galway Cork match on the terrace at Ballybofey on Saturday night and everyone spontaneously cheered.

I hope the mess has done the players some good, because the whole sorry affair has just made Cork's good name dirt in the wider GAA community.
I wonder .... the County Board are there just as they were, the players are still there (other than the ones who called it a day and retired) ... Ger Mac stepped down ... not much has changed imho

Destiny's Soldier

the whole sorry affair has just made Cork's good name dirt in the wider GAA community.

People just don't appreciate what actually has been going on.

Can you imagine if Brian Cody stepped down from the job in Kilkenny and his replacement turned out to be a disaster in terms of performance and professionalism. After 2 years of failure the Kilkenny players wouldn't stand idly by and waste another year of their lives hoping for things to improve.

Cork Secretary of 30+ years Frank Murphy treated the players with contempt during the process of manager selection and only the people of Cork would be aware of the dictator that Frank Murphy is.

Opinions outside of Cork are of no relevance whatsoever.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies