• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Cork money linked to Northern Bank raid

hiding behind a poster

Hardly a shock to anyone. However, don't forget that the Gardai are simply securocrats out to damage the peace process. :roll:

aodh_rua

Website
drtod.wordpress.com
hiding behind a poster said:
Hardly a shock to anyone. However, don't forget that the Gardai are simply securocrats out to damage the peace process. :roll:
And Free State, pro-unionist collaborators with the Empire :shock:

hiding behind a poster

Libero said:
Before the Shinners pounce, can anyone tell me HOW the money was linked, other than Noel Conroy's say-so?

Well, given that under the law the word of a Garda superintendent can convict someone of IRA membership, the word of the Garda Commissioner will do me just fine here. :lol:

Libero

hiding behind a poster said:
Libero said:
Before the Shinners pounce, can anyone tell me HOW the money was linked, other than Noel Conroy's say-so?

Well, given that under the law the word of a Garda superintendent can convict someone of IRA membership, the word of the Garda Commissioner will do me just fine here. :lol:
Did it not strike you - before or after plopping in the smiley - that that is the answer the Shinners want to hear?

They are happy enough to go on facing accusations that while probably not baseless, are not accompanied by conclusive evidence.

So can anyone else answer my question?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
no, they can't Libero. And watch how many people end up facing court for this. 9 months to establish something that the PSNI established in 2 hours.

Rubbish

Libero

rockofcashel said:
no, they can't Libero. And watch how many people end up facing court for this. 9 months to establish something that the PSNI established in 2 hours.

Rubbish
Well let's wait and see. While it is depressing to think of a joint press conference in aid of an assertion, there may be evidence to follow.

Edit: breakingnews.ie have a link to the story but it's not working yet...

Edit: breakingnews.ie story up here.
It's depressing stuff alright:
Commissioner Conroy refused to say whether the link to the Northern Bank raid last December, which was suspected to be the work of the IRA, had been established through forensic analysis of the notes.

“What I have seen at this stage, I am now satisfied that we will get to that position in the near future,” he said.

It's actually worth considering the dangerous waffle of Conroy.
He expresses himself satisfied with the conclusion that the money was from the Northern Bank robbery, but is also glad to tell us that he can't prove it to the rest of us yet. Imagine him taking this tack for any other criminal investigation...
Garda Commissioner Noel Conroy said he was satisfied the link has been established, despite the scepticism expressed by Sinn Féin.
“I think if someone is saying that they are very much mistaken. I am satisfied at this stage of the investigation that we will show the money recovered during Operation Phoenix is part of the takings from the robbery of the Northern Bank in Belfast,” he said.

Chuck E Arla

Jee that was quick!

And they choose to announce this now, shortly after full IRA decommissioning.Whatever.

ChrIreland

Libero said:
Only Conroy's say so.........according to the link.

Bogwarrior

The Gardai probably knew months ago, but, like last weeks seizure of property in Manchester, they waited till after the final surrender of PIRA. Obviously a political decision. British and Free State strategy was to continuosly nudge and pressure the Provos into defeat, using the "Do it or else" patter. Had they made this announcement prior to the decommision, the talks process leading it would most likely have collapsed.

Libero

ChrIreland said:
Libero said:
Only Conroy's say so.........according to the link.
Well that's right. Still, you boys must be living in fear of the day the Guards do produce forensic evidence.
Much as the SF membership will swallow reasons to ignore and belittle solid evidence, the other 95% of the country will take it as proof. And remember, the Cork money would be proof not only of the IRA's involvement but would also point towards McDowell's vista of criminality on a grand scale and funding of SF by the IRA.

That is, if Conroy ever comes up with proof. He and the PSNI have had more than enough time by now, and in the absence of more seizures it's difficult to think of how they'd suddenly come up with proof now, months after the Cork raids.

Johnny

Libero said:
Much as the SF membership will swallow reasons to ignore and belittle solid evidence, the other 95% of the country will take it as proof.
So 5% of the population of the country are members of SF? Happy days!!! 8)

Gerrry

Website
www.sligowhiplash.com
Libero:
And remember, the Cork money would be proof not only of the IRA's involvement but would also point towards McDowell's vista of criminality on a grand scale and funding of SF by the IRA.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

How the fcuk do you work that out?

First of all, there is NO evidence the money is from the Northern Bank Raid. None whatsoever.

Secondly, even if it was from the Northern Bank Raid, there is NO evidence or connection between the money found in Cork or Dublin with either SF or the IRA.

Thirdly, there was money from the Raid found in an RUC/PSNI social Club. Does that prove conclusively for you Libero that it was the RUC/PSNI that carried out the raid?

ChrIreland

Bogwarrior said:
The Gardai probably knew months ago, but, like last weeks seizure of property in Manchester, they waited till after the final surrender of PIRA. Obviously a political decision. British and Free State strategy was to continuosly nudge and pressure the Provos into defeat, using the "Do it or else" patter. Had they made this announcement prior to the decommision, the talks process leading it would most likely have collapsed.
Bullshit, Bog........................why would the Garda wait until after decommissioning? You are making a lot of wild guesses.

Bogwarrior

ChrIreland said:
Bogwarrior said:
********, Bog........................why would the Garda wait until after decommissioning? You are making a lot of wild guesses.
******** Chr Ireland, the clue is in my last sentence. The IMC would've imposed sanctions on PSF, and P O Neill would've taken a huff and broke all contact with De Chastelain, like the last one or two crisises.

Cato

There are going to be more and more of these Gardaí/PSNI/CAB/ARA links IRA to various different crimes/secure of ill-gotten property stories over the next few months. All of them aided on by helpful leaks to the media. The various police forces have probably been storing up a lot of this stuff until after the IRA decommissioned, for fear of pissing them off beforehand. I can only imagine that the other political parties in Ireland are quite happy to see this happening, and just stand back and watch them use this as ammo in the run up to the election.

It will feed nicely into SF’s persecution complex.

And if the Gardaí don’t have enough evidence to convict, that sure as hell is not going to stop them leaking the story.

SPN

Cato is correct!

The one thing Noel Conroy knows for sure is that the people responsible for the missing money will never appear before a Court. with that certainty, both he and McDowell can throw muck at anyone safe in the knowledge that they can never be proven wrong.

Cato

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies