Cork Nazis fly Confederate flag at GAA matches, local pols say no political intent

The_SR

But anyone who goes to a GAA match involving Cork knows they are not part of any political statement etc , just a tradition of Cork fans using every and any flag that just happens to have Red and White as part of the colour.
So swastika flags would be acceptable?

'orebel

Cork is great!

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Or the time when the visiting Taiwanese students were tricked into forking over €160 each, thinking full blown Nazi regalia was de rigueur for mere club matches (it is not, it is only indicated for Senior county matches)

cyp

'orebel

Or the time when the visiting Taiwanese students were tricked into forking over €160 each, thinking full blown Nazi regalia was de rigueur for mere club matches (it is not, it is only indicated for Senior county matches)

cyp
Not true. It's also a requirement for the ladies, minors and U21 county matches so the regalia can get quite a few outings over the course of the year.
It can also be worn to club matches and even to the pub without seeming out of place.

'orebel

With all the hysteria about these flags I'm thinking of importing a few for next season.

I predict demand rising sharply.

The_SR

With all the hysteria about these flags I'm thinking of importing a few for next season.

I had that thought. However now the GAA are involved I can see them getting confiscated

Glenshane4

This is going on 30 years. They should grow up and bin it, but they won't. The GAA should step in, but they won't.
What right have you, a Jackeen soccer supporter, to dictate what the GAA should or should not do?

D

Deleted member 48908

With so few games to be played, demand should increase. It's a real capital idea.

redneck

the point I am making is that Ireland was run from London in 1917, and the Confederates ran the south in the 1860's. They were the "Governments" in charge- for better or worse.

paulp

the point I am making is that Ireland was run from London in 1917, and the Confederates ran the south in the 1860's. They were the "Governments" in charge- for better or worse.
i don't think anyone would disagree with you, (except maybe the better or worse bit), but what's it got to do with Cork fans flying the confederate flag?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies