• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Cork takes all 10 places in Lonely Planet Top Places to Visit list

TradCat

Finally the world is copping on to what Cork people have always known.

Montenotte and St.Lukes they might attract your looks
Barrack Street, Evergreen and sweet Blackpool
The courthouse and the college
They teach different sorts of knowledge
And still the half of Cork you have not seen.

Pauli

"Cork Butter Museum, Shandon: explains the importance of the 19th-century Butter Exchange, the craft of butter-making and the modern success of KERRYgold."

Christ, that must hurt!

Ah Well

Yay! vindication at last

Time for an aul tune ...... :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-i8ljrcu8w"]YouTube - The banks of my own lovely Lee sung by Sean O`Se[/ame]

Fusilier

"Cork Butter Museum, Shandon: explains the importance of the 19th-century Butter Exchange, the craft of butter-making and the modern success of KERRYgold."

Christ, that must hurt!
Kerry is just the western most expanse of Greater Corkonia.

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49
Best Holiday we had in years was this year in Cork. Apart from the odd building collapsing onto the street the holiday was very eventful. :eek:

Cobh was another highlight as well. Same for Kinsale.

At Fota Island I took the best photograph of my life:

He3

Best Holiday we had in years was this year in Cork. Apart from the odd building collapsing onto the street the holiday was very eventful. :eek:

Cobh was another highlight as well. Same for Kinsale.

At Fota Island I took the best photograph of my life:

A wonderful photo.

eyeSpy

does this mean we will be getting armies of stag and hen parties from the mainland that temple bar would normally be getting?
wonderful.

i'm sure it will bring in more than that though.
hope people go a bit further afield than the pubs in town.
Head west.
good news.

myksav

does this mean we will be getting armies of stag and hen parties from the mainland that temple bar would normally be getting?
wonderful.

i'm sure it will bring in more than that though.
hope people go a bit further afield than the pubs in town.
Head west.
good news.
Would anyone local notice the difference? :D

Utopian Hermit Monk

I always enjoy a visit to Cork City, and it's a great base for exploring the beauty of the South West.

Whenever I'm down that way, I usually include a quiet visit to Rory Gallagher's grave - happy/sad memories!!

Congratulations to Cork!

Up The Langers! :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMrmCE981sA"]YouTube - Tim O'Riordan - The Langer[/ame]

eyeSpy

I always enjoy a visit to Cork City, and it's a great base for exploring the beauty of the South West.

Whenever I'm down that way, I usually include a quiet visit to Rory Gallagher's grave - happy/sad memories!!

Congratulations to Cork!

Up The Langers! :D

YouTube - Tim O'Riordan - The Langer

Hi,
You shouldn't use that word. Only in rare uber-familiar conversation can it be deemed an affectionate term.
It is not a generic term for people from Cork.
I'm not giving out, just pointing out. Spent 2 years in Dublin trying not to be offended and have pulled a few people aside to have a word in their ear when they were in Cork to prevent actual bodily harm.

eyeSpy

Would anyone local notice the difference? :D
You'd be surprised. Cork isn't a Ryanair hub so we have surprisingly few gangs of stags or hens crawling the pubs. It's more of a back-packer place really. Hence the lonely planet guide maybe.

Tommy Tayto

Kerry is just the western most expanse of Greater Corkonia.
We are humbled that you think so highly of us. In fact, you Corkmen were so impressed with us you offered us a gift of the Sam Maguire cup this year. Praise indeed! ;)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies