Cormac Ó hEadhra - RTE's rising star?

ShoutingIsLeadership

Regular listeners to the Late Debate and/or RnaG , will know him.

He's stepping in for SO'R, this week.

There's a better pace to the show and he knows his brief, without sounding like he knows that he knows it.

Less deferential to guests, also.

Is he the future for RTE?

This much I know: Cormac Ó hEadhra, radio presenter | Irish Examiner

A question of taste - Cormac Ó hEadhra | Irish Examiner

http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/226049-late-debate-thread-10pm-tues-thurs-rte-radio-1-a-471.html

im axeled

the future of rte is grim, in a short while the money which it requires to stay going as it is will dry up, like b.e. the minister responsible will have an empty cheque book

Lúidín

Better bung him half a mill quick before he is snapped up by Newswaffle.

Lúidín

the future of rte is grim, in a short while the money which it requires to stay going as it is will dry up, like b.e. the minister responsible will have an empty cheque book
The Minister responsible for Bus Éireann has made it clear that he is not responsible for Bus Éireann so, in keeping with the new politics of Fine Gael, the Minister responsible for RTÉ will no longer be responsible for RTÉ.

It is the sole duty of all Minsters to gather in the charges, taxes, fees and licences and pass the cash up the pyramid to the right people.

sadmal

He suffers from the same problem a lot of RTE presenters do, loves the sound of his own voice and won't wait for the answer to his quetions, takes after Aine Lawlor in that regard.

Clanrickard

I like him. He is a good interviewer and doesn't let interviewees off the hook.

A Voice

I think he's good. Not snide and self-satisfied like Lawlor, or all matey guffaws like O'Rourke.

Bea C

There's a better pace to the show and he knows his brief, without sounding like he knows that he knows it.

http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/226049-late-debate-thread-10pm-tues-thurs-rte-radio-1-a-471.html
He is great, but I listen back to the show as I work at night: what was his tone interviewing some wan married to the jockey who's on a reality tv show now?
Talk about fawning, he was like a teenage boy who fancied his piano teacher :roll:

A Voice

He is great, but I listen back to the show as I work at night: what was his tone interviewing that wan married to the jockey who's on a reality tv show now?
Talk about fawning, he was like a teenage boy who fancied his piano teacher :roll:
Very true. He said something like "it's been an ABSOLUTE pleasure to talk to you" at the end.

Bea C

Very true. He said something like "it's been an ABSOLUTE pleasure to talk to you" at the end.
Throughout he was telling her how amazing she is.
And it wasn't even what he was saying, so much as how he was saying it.
For the first time ever, he unimpressed me.

TheField

I listen to his Late Debate quite often over past year. Inclined to think judging by his presentation and choice of panel, that his political preferences are a bit transparent.

realistic1

Anyone who works for RTE are limited and compromised by what they say, simple as!

ShoutingIsLeadership

He is great, but I listen back to the show as I work at night: what was his tone interviewing some wan married to the jockey who's on a reality tv show now?

Interviews like that are meaningless...it was a puff-piece magazine show piece for Dragons' Den...wasn't to my taste either, but she wasn't on the show to be grilled

realistic1

I think he's good. Not snide and self-satisfied like Lawlor, or all matey guffaws like O'Rourke.
He is still part of the RTE echo chamber, but just packages it in a different manner. The bottom line with all RTE presenters is Nationalism bad, no borders good and anyone that questions these platforms are Racist, misogynists and uneducated.

A Voice

He is still part of the RTE echo chamber, but just packages it in a different manner. The bottom line with all RTE presenters is Nationalism bad, no borders good and anyone that questions these platforms are Racist, misogynists and uneducated.
I agree with you. But within the parameters, there's scope to be dire or quite good. With the interweb, fewer and fewer people are taking RTÉ as gospel anyway; people just dip in and out, sometimes merely to be annoyed by the agenda on display.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies