Coronavirus - how should the majority respond to the vaccine refuseniks when one becomes available

greencharade

NY governer Cuomo sent thousands of infected people into nursing homes, an insane policy...NZ Adern policy equivalent to painting themselves into a corner, when the country opens up it will be flooded with viruses...Sweden exercised good governance...NJ and NY have double the C19 death rates of Sweden...NY shootings are up by 358%, the city is falling apart and at the same time the Libloons are defunding the Police...

Maybe you would like to control that for population density. Sweden is probably the last country to look at for good governance.

reg11

Can we have quotes in a non-eye-bleeding format, please? Like text, rather than huge hideous-looking screengrabs.

Anyhoo, this is the logic of "science doesn't know everything..." "... yes..." "... so we can make up any ol' crap we like" "no!", to paraphrase Dara Ó Briain.

ADE is a documented phenomenon, yes. It's documented with coronaviruses, indeed -- it was a significant obstacle in the work on a SARS vaccine, over and above the timescale. (It being fortunately contained long before the typical vaccine-development timeline.) But it's preposterous to go from that to the idea, that you're arguing above, that any vaccine for covid-19 can never be demonstrated to meet safety standards. Just the reverse, it pretty much guarantees this is something they're going to investigate with considerable care before it is certified.

To which you of course say "yesbutnobutmutations". The field of evidence-free-I-can-imagine-a-catastrophic-scenario medicine.
'So we can make up any ol crap we like' , a quote from Dara O Brien. Hahaha. From the quintessential insufferable bollox himself. I take it you must be a fan of his.

You had to backtrack you spoofer.

alaimacerc

'So we can make up any ol crap we like' , a quote from Dara O Brien. Hahaha. From the quintessential insufferable bollox himself. I take it you must be a fan of his.
Not Dara (or indeed Darragh) O'Brien, Dara Ó Briain. Totally different type of... comedian.

I take it you feel you are in fact entitled to make up any crap you like, if you feel this is some sort of riposte?

You had to backtrack you spoofer.
Eh? What are you confusedly imagining I've 'backtracked' on? Perhaps you're mixing that up with my falling about the place at your nonsense? Or having to wait around while you try to catch up? Let me know (if and) when you're up to speed.

alaimacerc

The ADE phenomenon could be at play with regard to the flu vaccine and a covid infection?
Betteridge's law of headlines again. So by that axiom: no.

Data, please? Or even any vaguely plausible mechanism here, given that they're wildly unrelated viruses? I realize this is a fact that right-wing simpletons like Trump, Bolsonaro, et all seem to be innoculated against, but it's really pretty straightforward and simple.

I could see the big eyed look of the lady doctor who possibly was saying to herself ' please don't go there', [...]
Or more plausibly, "oh dear, it's another one". Source, please? Perhaps from sometime in the '50s, given that it features a marked-case 'lady doctor' -- gasp, how unusual!
Interesting that you're linking via the webarchive. Perhaps even Bob Kennedy Jr's notorious vax-misinformers didn't want to keep that piece of rebuttal-fodder lingering around stinking up the place for too long?
DEBUNKING FALSE STORIES: No Evidence That Flu Shot Increases Risk of COVID-19

McTell

how should the majority respond to the vaccine refuseniks

It's their choice, like not wearing a seat belt.

Before your vaccine you'll load up on vitamin D, and aspirin to thin the blood.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Easy. You'd need a nighttime emergency Dail sitting mind but if a vaccine becomes available then those who queue up for the vaccine should received a large bluntish syringe filled with vaccine and an exemption card from any charges from jamming it up the hole of a refusenik and depressing the plunger.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Could be a problem in schools. 'Murphy! If I see you vaccinating O'Connell there one more time I'll be dug out of yeh.'

Destiny's Soldier

how should the majority respond to the vaccine refuseniks

It's their choice, like not wearing a seat belt.

Before your vaccine you'll load up on vitamin D, and aspirin to thin the blood.
Comparing to seatbelt wearing is a logical fallacy. It is not a choice.
When you choose to not wear a seatbelt there is a punishment.

Like saying to a judge "I told the person behind the cash register to hand over what was in the till but she chose not to. I then proceeded to blow her head off with a shotgun. It was her choice, your honour. It wasn't actually my fault. If only she'd done as instructed she'd be alive today. She was warned and made a conscious decision to die"

People promoting a mandatory vaccine will be met with a mandatory response.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
We could use them in a sort of Patriot Games televised spectacular. Some Anti-Vaxxers could be run through Woburn safari park from one end to the other. With them trying to evade the trained chimpanzees with the syringes swinging at them from the trees. Them trying not to get eaten by lions infected with the vaxxine could work after the watershed.

Splodge

Like saying to a judge "I told the person behind the cash register to hand over what was in the till but she chose not to. I then proceeded to blow her head off with a shotgun. It was her choice, your honour. It wasn't actually my fault. If only she'd done as instructed she'd be alive today. She was warned and made a conscious decision to die"

What would that response be?

McTell

//

Youre right - I wasn't think about points, just the safety aspects. Better would be taking the air-bags out of your car.

You'd be a nutcase not to take the vaccine, and then go into quarantine for 2 weeks. If you get covid in that time, you can blame the vaccine.

raetsel

Can please just for once in your life take this on board and stop listening to the voices in your head.
Nobody that I know of has suggested anywhere that the vaccine should be mandatory. The thread is really about finding ways for people who choose the vaccine to avoid those who don't and for providing incentives for the doubters to set their fears aside and get vaccinated.

Destiny's Soldier

Can please just for once in your life take this on board and stop listening to the voices in your head.
Nobody that I know of has suggested anywhere that the vaccine should be mandatory. The thread is really about finding ways for people who choose the vaccine to avoid those who don't and for providing incentives for the doubters to set their fears aside and get vaccinated.
So there is not a forced vaccination agenda then. That's only for the mad raving lunatics.
Ha Ha.

Come on Mrs Clitty Crotch , give it a thumbs up. This one really hits the V-Spot.

StormWarning

Russia expected to have a vaccine within 10 days. They saved the world in 1945 and Syria from the headhackers and now they've done it again.

Mrs. Crotta Cliach

So there is not a forced vaccination agenda then. That's only for the mad raving lunatics.
Ha Ha.

Come on Mrs Clitty Crotch , give it a thumbs up. This one really hits the V-Spot.
I'm not sure I'd make it exactly mandatory to have your child vaccinated. I would however make it mandatory that each and every cent the State paid on behalf of your possibly now dead child be repaid to the State - hospital costs at birth, physician's costs, child care payments, education expenses, etc. etc. etc - for wasting taxpayer's money by stupidly not vaccinating the child you claimed to have loved, but not enough to prevent their illness and/or death. You would also be required to pay the state for any additional expenses for any other children made ill and perhaps died because of your stupidity and stubbornness in not vaccinating your child.
I think that would be fair since the State made the vaccine to save them from illness and death readily available and you were the one who chose not to use it. Fair enough?

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom