• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Corporal O'Dea attacks Gilmore.

liamfoley

Willie (Corporal) O'Dea has Eamon Gilmore in his sights, he is on TV3 news right now launching an attack on Gilmore. No love for either of these guys. Not terribly impressed with the opportunist Gilmore but will back him over O'Dea. Meanwhile more redundancies announced in the Mid-West (130), he has nothing to say about that.

Mitsui

The only redundancies Willie is concerned about are on the Government benches.

Captainchaos

I just find it stunning that the Corporal is actually a solicitor! It doesn't say much for the profession!

liamfoley

I just find it stunning that the Corporal is actually a solicitor! It doesn't say much for the profession!
Willie is desperate he will have to make an honest living after next election wot wit the property slump and decreased crime in Limerick n'all.

jtbooker

Are you SERIOUS?

I can put his dire grasp on reality and pig ignorance down to him being a careerist FF politician...but solicitor?

I thought that was a spineless, yet respected, profession?

Captainchaos

Are you SERIOUS?

I can put his dire grasp on reality and pig ignorance down to him being a careerist FF politician...but solicitor?

I thought that was a spineless, yet respected, profession?
For the record BIFFO is also a solicitor!

flavirostris

Willie just compared the treatment of JOD with Alice in Wonderland.
"Sentence first, trial afterwards"

:rolleyes:

God knows he must be the Mad Hatter

Hewson

For the record BIFFO is also a solicitor!
If a blanket ban could be put on solicitors, teachers and publicans from entering politics we could eliminate Fianna Fáil overnight. Beautiful, beautiful thought.

liamfoley

What was Brian Lenihan in the real world? No accountant or maths teacher that's for sure.

stanley

Don't think Mighty Mouse O'D ever practised, sure who would put up with him, BTW JOD and Kate Anne are also Solicitors, Dermot Ahern, Lenny, but Bertie is an accountant who used to run the car-park at the Mater counting them in and out.

Willie (Corporal) O'Dea has Eamon Gilmore in his sights, he is on TV3 news right now launching an attack on Gilmore. No love for either of these guys. Not terribly impressed with the opportunist Gilmore but will back him over O'Dea. Meanwhile more redundancies announced in the Mid-West (130), he has nothing to say about that.
Thread on this already;

http://www.politics.ie/elections/110526-willie-odea-backs-john-odonoghue.html

Seriously, it was only on the latest discussion page and I don't know how on earth you missed it. The constant duplication of threads is very annoying.

Hewson

What was Brian Lenihan in the real world? No accountant or maths teacher that's for sure.
Brian is a barrister by trade. He's doing an accountancy course at night in Synge Street.

fgrep

Dermot Ahern is a solicitor as is John O'Donoghue and Brian Lenihan is a Barrister

jtbooker

Don't think Mighty Mouse O'D ever practised, sure who would put up with him, BTW JOD and Kate Anne are also Solicitors, Dermot Ahern, Lenny, but Bertie is an accountant who used to run the car-park at the Mater counting them in and out.
The image of him picking his nose in a little dilapidated hut...priceless

:) :)

powderfinger

This on a day when, as one previous poster noted, 130 jobs were lost in Mid-West region, a sword attack occurred in a local Limerick courtroom and 2 Limerick parents sent down for the horrific GBH of their 5 year old child.

Then O' Dea dithering and spluttering on the radio giving out about Gilmore...no wonder Dell laughed at them when himself and Einstein Coughlan went out to Texas

Just embarrassing.

:(
And predictable.Gilmore left himself open to this with his agreement to give JOD a week's grace.
Institutionalised FF'ers love this stuff.
They think that it is the political version of street-fighting.

Prester Jim

Any aul gobsheen can be a solicitor especially with the private college courses. Still a closed profession, from what I have been told, in that family connections necessary for apprenticeship etc and then to gain a foothold afterwards.
Not quite the stronghold for thick sons that auctioneering/estate agent and stockbroking is but....
That said although there are some awful useless specimens there are also some of the finest minds in Ireland in the law profession:
Lenihan Snr and Jr., McDowell, Ahern, Cowen, Haughey snr etc

stanley

This on a day when, as one previous poster noted, 130 jobs were lost in Mid-West region, a sword attack occurred in a local Limerick courtroom and 2 Limerick parents sent down for the horrific GBH of their 5 year old child.

Then O' Dea dithering and spluttering on the radio giving out about Gilmore...no wonder Dell laughed at them when himself and Einstein Coughlan went out to Texas

Just embarrassing.

:(

The inside story is they never got to meet Micky Dell, he left a message saying he had told them no 6 months ago and several other times, a director came down to say hello, some Baptist minister type guy and Sweary Mary let fly with the cupla focail, they were asked to leave.
165k on the Govt jit, what a dopey pair.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies