Corrupt, Lying, Warmonger and War Criminal to get honorary degree from TCD

Herr Rommel

Where's that thread about TCD slipping down the university ratings..

A bad joke.. a bit like UCC awarding the honorary degree to EU-rocrat Jose Manuel Barroso.

sycophantic and embarrassing.
A fair number of commies on the staff at UCC.

fifilawe

Honorary doctorates are how elites reward each other for being fellow members of the elite.
How about giving Hon Degrees to the likes of DOB,Michael Lowry, David Drumm,Pádraic Flynn,Bev Cooper-Flynn, Frank Dunlop, Ray Burke at least they did not sanction killing people, for services to Public Life in Ireland.

Lagertha

In other words, they want to fill TCD with vacuous airheads, veneer liberals and assorted virtue signallers.
I think they already did that. But they had Ali Selim there teaching so not entirely liberal yet, although I did hear that after his fook up on his views approving FGM his students were offered an alternative tutor so I'm not sure if he's still there.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Should dish them out at the 'Joy and have done with it. Might as well be honest about it.

McTell

Twitter
No
How about giving Hon Degrees to the likes of DOB,Michael Lowry, David Drumm,Pádraic Flynn,Bev Cooper-Flynn, Frank Dunlop, Ray Burke at least they did not sanction killing people, for services to Public Life in Ireland.

They've been very expensive, as stand-up comedians go.

Vega1447

Raises the question for me... which of the senior politicians in the last 50 years in the US WASN'T a 'corrupt, lying warmonger'?

Trinity would be hard pressed to come up with one who didn't fit that bill I'd say.
Jimmy Carter.

Greener

Not really news. Unless you have a link to TCD, and object to it, it’s not really any concern.

Orbit v2

Yet not to a level that resulted in any actual criminal charges being brought against her, strangely enough...
I just did a google search on "clinton pay to play site:foxnews.com". Might as well go straight to the fountainhead on this, but not much is turning up, in fact nothing specific ...

I wouldn't be a great fan of honorary degrees, but the OP seems really to have his knickers in a twist to an excessive extent here.

Mercurial

I just did a google search on "clinton pay to play site:foxnews.com". Might as well go straight to the fountainhead on this, but not much is turning up, in fact nothing specific ...

I wouldn't be a great fan of honorary degrees, but the OP seems really to have his knickers in a twist to an excessive extent here.
Nice.

Degeneration X

Former US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton will be awarded with an honorary degree at Trinity College Dublin on June 22.

The corrupt lying warmnger who was responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people in Libya, Syria and Ukraine, will hopefully be faced with massive protests, and maybe even get arrested for war crimes.

Is that too much to hope?

I'm sure President Trump wouldn't have a problem with her being arrested.

Crooked Hillary he calls her.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/hillary-clinton-to-receive-honorary-degree-from-trinity-848596.html
What terrible news. :(

SPN

The OP tends to get annoyed about corruption, barefaced lying, and particularly warmongering.

When all three occur together, spitting feathers.

Oh, and you shouldn't have limited your search to FauxNews. BBC, CBS, CNN, and many others have covered the story, albeit without going into much depth.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42579732

Orbit v2

The OP tends to get annoyed about corruption, barefaced lying, and particularly warmongering.

When all three occur together, spitting feathers.

Oh, and you shouldn't have limited your search to FauxNews. BBC, CBS, CNN, and many others have covered the story, albeit without going into much depth.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42579732
BBC said:
But figures within the Justice Department and FBI doubt any charges will be brought, the Washington Post reports.
That was six months ago. What was the outcome?

stopdoingstuff

Evil woman - the destroyer of Libya. I hope that in the afterlife she gets sodomized by Nixon in hell.

Cdebru

Where's that thread about TCD slipping down the university ratings..

A bad joke.. a bit like UCC awarding the honorary degree to EU-rocrat Jose Manuel Barroso.

sycophantic and embarrassing.

I would have thought you would be delighted, without Hillary, Trump would never have been President.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies