Corruption in Ireland - The Discussion

LISTOWEL MAN

Haughey was corrupt

Bertie was corrupt

Adams is corrupt

the irish people just sit back and take that ?

james toney

The garda ombudsman and GSOC are clearly not fit for purpose....along with many senior gardai.
Have the first two been cleverly set up to be so deliberately toothless....or is it more sinister than that?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Pretty much most of the regulatory or governance bodies in Ireland have been set up because it is good for the optics to have them.

It was no accident that the number economists in the Dept of Finance dropped dramatically during the Ahern years, nor is it an accident that there wasn't much going on in the way of resources for the Revenue Commissioners.

Although in fairness he did manage to appoint a relative to the Revenue. I guess that must have been his resource initiative.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
The Financial Regulator was clearly a hapless joke. The same fellow who is now a member of the Garda Golf Club.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
At times the governance and regulatory environment resembles something out of an Evelyn Waugh comedy.

The European Competition Commission demanding that the Irish Government divest itself of Aer Lingus holdings.

The Irish Competition Commission didn't even mention the issue on its website when it was front page business news in Europe.

SuirView

Haughey was corrupt

Bertie was corrupt

Adams is corrupt

FG is corrupt.
The ex FG Minister Ml Lowry is corrupt.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
FG is corrupt.
The ex FG Minister Ml Lowry is corrupt.
Did Mr and Mrs Martin ever come up with a convincing explanation for the thousands that ended up mysteriously in her bank account?

Fr. Ted Crilly

Did Mr and Mrs Martin ever come up with a convincing explanation for the thousands that ended up mysteriously in her bank account?
Did they win it on the horses?:D:D:D
Amazing how she drove all the way to Dublin to lodge it all the same, as if it wouldn't be traced...the dumb c**t...

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Well it probably wasn't substantial enough to fly to the Isle of Man with it. Or Manchester. Fianna Fail's 'switzerland'.

Fr. Ted Crilly

Haughey was corrupt

Bertie was corrupt

Adams is corrupt

Remember the findings of the Moriarty tribunal?
Remember Dame Enda ringing the bell on the NY stock exchange with the Maltese tax exile??

Cop on to yourself....

Out of interest though, what findings of corruption are there against Adams?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I'd say SuirView is only in Fianna Fail with the noble aim of changing the system from the inside :)

Fr. Ted Crilly

I'd say SuirView is only in Fianna Fail with the noble aim of changing the system from the inside :)
If that's the best they can put out to bat for them, they're more f**ked than previously thought......

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
It is just like having a radio station playing Sir Dead Lenihan saying 'I don't accept that' over and over again...

May need a bit of work as an election manifesto.

SuirView

If that's the best they can put out to bat for them, they're more f**ked than previously thought......
Says poor "Ted" that believed a poster that claims poor FG will be be opposition for the next 20 years after the general election!
Poor "Ted" actually thinks that poor FG will be in opposition for the next 20 years!
It's mad "Ted" and I'm loving it,
Many thanks.

SuirView

For the record,
Is there anyone else that agrees with poor "Ted"?

Fr. Ted Crilly

For the record,
Is there anyone else that agrees with poor "Ted"?
I'd wager most here would agree that you are an unstable loon.
Start a thread on it....with a poll.......

SuirView

I'd wager most here would agree that you are an unstable loon.
But you believe that poor FG will be in opposition for the next 20 years after the next general election!
Many thanks!

Politics matters

Does know of any corruption/co-operation that exists between Ireland's criminal gangs and the Gardai and customs?

It's an area that's very seldom spoken of.

derryman

Another bash the church thread lol
Some posters here would really need to make up their mind. On one thread lumpy and his mates are telling me that Catholicism is finished in Ireland, and now here he and his mates are telling me that Ireland is the corruptest of the corrupt and it's because they are all Catholic. Anyway either way I am pleased . We are either a very Catholic country or we are not a corrupt country , one out of two is better than none.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies