Corruption in Ireland - The Discussion

SuirView

Some posters here would really need to make up their mind. On one thread lumpy and his mates are telling me that Catholicism is finished in Ireland, and now here he and his mates are telling me that Ireland is the corruptest of the corrupt and it's because they are all Catholic. Anyway either way I am pleased . We are either a very Catholic country or we are not a corrupt country , one out of two is better than none.
2 things are important here.
Firstly, posters lie on this site.
Secondly, the way to find out the truth is to ask them for links.
Guess what, they'll just run away.

I've a lovely example of this today.
A poster claimed in his long winding post of rubbish that FG would be in opposition for the next 20 years after the next election!
When I edited his post and asked him about it, he just ran away!

Orbit v2

Its not, I know of one multinational where there was a clearout of people caught taking minor backhanders - not big enough to be criminal but clearly against the company policy.
In thirty years of working in MNCs I've never once heard anyone complain about promotions; that people who think think they or someone else was overlooked and should have got one. Not once. Basically, there aren't that many promotions and the people who get them typically work a lot harder than the people who don't, and they achieve measurable results. It's that simple.

That doesn't mean I don't believe the stories from the public sector, where promotions aren't always tied to real productivity, but maybe to arcane union agreements, and where organisations end up with too many managers who aren't really doing any more work, but they have served the time, and someone has to be promoted.

Seriously, look at all the people who complain about this. It's always from the public sector.

FOURGREENFIELDS

A good friend in the South says EVERY tender, planning application and/or building contract in the 26 counties has an inbuilt 2-5% percentage of the overall budget to pay off politicians and officials from local level to the Dail. He says NOTHING has changed there and if you want anything done you have to grease the palms of those with influence and involvement in these decisions at ALL levels of government and officialdom. I asked him did the Moriarity Tribunal not put a stop to this and he laughed. He said it was accepted as part of life in the South and that if you dissented or refused you would be blacklisted and go out of business.

Last edited:

Orbit v2

A good friend in the South says EVERY tender, planning application and/or building contract in the 26 counties has an inbuilt 2-5% percentage of the overall budget to pay off politicians and officials from local level to the Dail. He says NOTHING has changed there and if you want anything done you have to grease the palms of those with influence and involvement in these decisions at ALL levels of government and officialdom. I asked him did the Moriarity Tribunal not put a stop to this and he laughed. He said it was accepted as part of life in the South and that if you dissented or refused you would be blacklisted and go out of business.
Your friend was talking through his hole.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Some posters here would really need to make up their mind. On one thread lumpy and his mates are telling me that Catholicism is finished in Ireland, and now here he and his mates are telling me that Ireland is the corruptest of the corrupt and it's because they are all Catholic. Anyway either way I am pleased . We are either a very Catholic country or we are not a corrupt country , one out of two is better than none.
Probably because the psychology that you can be an a55hole all week in your community and then get all of it wiped away with a visit to the ju-ju box on a Saturday in time to turn up with a nice shiny face on Sunday is probably a poor message to teach people when thinking about corruption.

The organisation may be doomed but it will take longer for the psychology of permitted corruption and guaranteed forgiveness to wear off.

Bertie Ahern with a bag of soot down his face on an Ash Wednesday springs to mind.

RasherHash

RTE corruption? How much money does Claire Byrne need?

[video=youtube;fafAw8e0bdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fafAw8e0bdw&t=2929s[/video]

McTell

Twitter
No

Rashers you have this all wrong. Parnell said:

"No man has a right to fix the boundary of the march of a nation; no man has a right to say to his country - thus far shalt thou go and no further."

Analyzer

Actually it works like this. The local authority get development levies. And that funds various vote buying and nepotism schemes by the local authority. Nepotism is the backbone of every political party in the Dail - without it, they would not have enough party canvassers.

McTell

Twitter
No
Actually it works like this. The local authority get development levies. And that funds various vote buying and nepotism schemes by the local authority. Nepotism is the backbone of every political party in the Dail - without it, they would not have enough party canvassers.

Yes, and it's so pathetically cheap and small-time.

I'll go to fund-raisers, but I've never been asked or hinted at for a hand-out. Usually you'll get what you want by talking about it before doing the paperwork.

Eventualities

[video=youtube;fafAw8e0bdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fafAw8e0bdw&t=2929s[/video]
Gemma O'Doherty worked for the O'Reillys and Denis O'Brien for 17 years.

She's as corrupt as any other crony.

Killpatrick

The government having close relationships with journalists and certain organizations that specialize in spinning the news or fake fact checkers, and it's not just the government using these organizations,it's the main stream media and social networks, who knows what's real anymore, so it's all just a propaganda machine, using false information to gain support or create outrage it's a game of brainwashing, but I think people are starting to wake up and take off their leash and blinders, the only thing that's going to counter the propaganda is public outrage and I think it's finally starting to happen.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=736309300081405&id=100011070254271

Last edited:

Analyzer

I wonder is there an official policy for the political wing of a military organization anchored to a criminal racket, concerning the location of funny money ?

Would that policy fit on the back of a Northern Bank note ?

Analyzer

I wonder is there an official policy for the political wing of a military organization anchored to a criminal racket, concerning the location of funny money ?

Would that policy fit on the back of a Northern Bank note ?

ergo2

I see Gemma O Doherty is involved, so i would not give it much tought, recently she spoke at a summer school against corruption and that things wont change while people continues to vote for FG and FF. So who does she believe that people vote for SF who still in their elected members both in the Republic and NI convicted of terorism acts, who has supported a ilegal army which robbed banks and murdered inocent people. So she should be asked does she believe that murder and robberies is less sceries than corution.
Agreed