Could a save Arlene campaign be underway?

Mickeymac

Taking into consideration, the RHI scandal, Nama,RedSky, shady $5 land deals, withdrawal of money to the young kids learning their indigenous language etc etc, I think it near impossible for the spooks to save her and her bunch of ministers who are supposed to look after the interests of all the people of the six counties.......absolutely completely disgraceful......go now Arnie

comet

The Brits have done this stuff before to "save Dave" and the power sharing executive, hopefully the public this time don't even consider buying it.

Worth remembering, the Brits need direct rule like a hole in the head..........read the link supplied folks and please supply any views you may have.

BBC NEWS | UK | Northern Ireland | 'Spy' trio held 'to save Trimble'
The British may have had an interest in helping Trimble, they have zero interest in Foster. Westminster would love Foster to stay within the " dreary steeples ". What Foster espouses is so last century to the British, she does not `cut-it`, she is a non entity as far as they are concerned. I expect the realy real British to gut the backwoods men ( and women ), they are completely fed up with them, they have had enough.

Mickeymac

The British may have had an interest in helping Trimble, they have zero interest in Foster. Westminster would love Foster to stay within the " dreary steeples ". What Foster espouses is so last century to the British, she does not `cut-it`, she is a non entity as far as they are concerned. I expect the realy real British to gut the backwoods men ( and women ), they are completely fed up with them, they have had enough.

Good assessment sir and am sure agreed with the multitudes on the forum.

Marcella

Thanks to the Alliance Party, we know Arlene wanted a save Arlene campaign by the brits.

The brits ignored her requests for suspension instead of elections. We know as well that the brits ignored suspension requests last year after the McGuigan killing.

Truth be told, Arlene and the DUP aren't that terribly important to May or any other PM for that matter.

Mickeymac

Thanks to the Alliance Party, we know Arlene wanted a save Arlene campaign by the brits.

The brits ignored her requests for suspension instead of elections. We know as well that the brits ignored suspension requests last year after the McGuigan killing.

Truth be told, Arlene and the DUP aren't that terribly important to May or any other PM for that matter.

Bring back China Girl, she knows the score with colonialists.

GDPR

The Brits have done this stuff before to "save Dave" and the power sharing executive, hopefully the public this time don't even consider buying it.

Worth remembering, the Brits need direct rule like a hole in the head..........read the link supplied folks and please supply any views you may have.

BBC NEWS | UK | Northern Ireland | 'Spy' trio held 'to save Trimble'
Mickey the only people that Arlene is good for are the physical force Dissos.....The Ruling Elite of the UK can be pretty thick but they are not that thick.

McSlaggart

Mickey the only people that Arlene is good for are the physical force Dissos.....The Ruling Elite of the UK can be pretty thick but they are not that thick.
Au contraire, Arlene is just the latest of a long line of Unionist leaders who never grasped the reality of the situation in which they find themselves. It is not Arlene which is the problem but the fact that Unionists do not really want real nationalists in OWC.

Fullforward

Like night follows day the Brits will assist their mercenary planter stock and I expect them to arrest a high profile Republican for some attack that happened decades ago,most likely in the Fermanagh /South Tyrone area too.

They will not be assisted by the Freestaters as they are holding off on arresting Adams until an election is called in the 26 Counties.

However,RTE and the Independent Newspaper group will redirect ALL staff to "Project help Arlene / Damage nasty Shinners"

belfast1981

The DUP are unimportant in the terms of things on a UK wide scale, and to anyone else not from NI are irrelevant. I don't see a 'Save Arlene' campaign.

If any government in England tries to 'Save' a member of another political party after wasting £400m of public money, it would end very badly for them. The backlash from the English people would be quite severe I think.

Truth be told, Westminster does not really give a damn about us over here outside their basic obligations to us.

The power sharing executive will go on as normal once an election is done and dusted. I fully expect DUP/SF to be returned and parties like SDLP and UUP, Alliance etc to lose out with reduced MLA numbers only strengthening the grasp the main two have.

President Bartlet

Shes finished - wait until the names of RHI are published on Wednesday and many of them will be linked to the DUP

Fullforward

hollandia

The DUP are unimportant in the terms of things on a UK wide scale, and to anyone else not from NI are irrelevant. I don't see a 'Save Arlene' campaign.

If any government in England tries to 'Save' a member of another political party after wasting £400m of public money, it would end very badly for them. The backlash from the English people would be quite severe I think.

Truth be told, Westminster does not really give a damn about us over here outside their basic obligations to us.

The power sharing executive will go on as normal once an election is done and dusted. I fully expect DUP/SF to be returned and parties like SDLP and UUP, Alliance etc to lose out with reduced MLA numbers only strengthening the grasp the main two have.
I think the dup are going to take a hit here. SF, to a smaller extent will also.

belfast1981

DUP could see the same type of hit SF took at the last elections. I just don't see anything other that the 'Status Quo' being returned.

Out of interest, have SF indicated what they will do if, like expected DUP and SF return, and DUP don't do anything about Arlene? If she is still leader after elections then surely she is returned as 1st minister..... or am I wrong?

McSlaggart

DUP could see the same type of hit SF took at the last elections. I just don't see anything other that the 'Status Quo' being returned.

Out of interest, have SF indicated what they will do if, like expected DUP and SF return, and DUP don't do anything about Arlene? If she is still leader after elections then surely she is returned as 1st minister..... or am I wrong?
NO

I dont think nationalists truly understand how crazy unionism is.

derryman

derryman

Any way the hottest thing Jim Wells has ever seen was Ri Ri in a field of barley.

between the bridges

The shinners could refuse to recognise her democratic mandate and give up the average industry expenses account they get for administering British rule and opt for direct British rule...

Mickeymac

In short Ratio, unionism have shown everyone they simply can't handle peace, one of their leaders once proclaimed, when told of an IRA ceasefire........"this is a dark day for Ulster".....................I kid you not:D

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies