• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Could a successful court challenge be brought against the general principle/practice that Public servants are unsackable?

General Urko

Could a successful court challenge be brought against the general principle/practice that Public servants are unsackable?

Unless there is some extraordinary breach of duty, a full-time public/civil servant in this country cannot be sacked! Can this madness be successfully challenged in court?
To me it underpins the apartheidal nature of our society against ordinary people.
Plus how can anybody be unsackable?
I heard that these beauts taking out loan payment protection on loans during the Celtic Tiger period had to have it all reimbursed because of this unsackability madness!
It's absolutely stomach churningly disgusting

Indeed may be the fact that for example a child raping teacher or somebody working in the passport office unofficially selling passports can actually be sacked means that a few serious slackers, incompetents and thugs among our public/civil servants are safe for less serious breaches!

General Urko

Well?

General Urko

Where else in the world are workers unsackable?

Mushroom

I heard that these beauts taking out loan payment protection on loans during the Celtic Tiger period had to have it all reimbursed because of this unsackability madness!
Oh dear! Those voices in your head are at it again. As your keenest supporter on this site may I once again urge you urgently to seek psychiatric assistance.

General Urko

Oh dear! Those voices in your head are at it again. As your keenest supporter on this site may I once again urge you urgently to seek psychiatric assistance.
I heard it from a real live breathing sentient human being!

Mushroom

I heard it from a real live breathing sentient human being!
By any chance would you be interested in purchasing Volcano Insurance? I know a person who can give you a very keen quotation.

ergo2

Where else in the world are workers unsackable?
Of course workers in the public service may be fired.

Rarely happens. When it comes to performance rating they all manage to be rated "above average"

Some of the best minds in the country work on and hone these calculations

former wesleyan

The level of bullying in the Public/Civil Service is such that lobbying to have people fired could have unintended consequences.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies