Could the Future of Enda Kenny be as the person to change our Oireachtas

Iarmhi Gael

In recent years we all have identified numerous problems with our administration

Expenses, local government (parish pump politics), seanad, guangos, by-election dates, use of RTE, dail holidays, salaries, tendering, semi state bodies etc etc.

The list is endless and the job massive to overhaul it.

Could a solution be within FG to identify Enda Kenny as the person to lead this change, which could be a bigger job then taoiseach with greater reward. Inside politics he is greatly admired by his peers as a worker and someone who is up for a challenge.

I'm raising this as I am looking on at everything happening within our political system over the last few days, and its clear the biggest challenge for our children is the system. We need it changed and we need it done ASAP.

I think Enda Kenny would be the ideal person to do this.

Bobert

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv-P5a4brc8]YouTube - The Muppets On 30 Rock (The World Through Kenneth's Eyes) (Simple Things Song) HD 1080p[/ame]

Bobert

Basically I think you're either f'ing mental or Enda himself. He doesn't have any back bone and it's likely he'd be out of office before the next election assuming his FG/Labour coalition last a full term.

Iarmhi Gael

Basically I think you're either f'ing mental or Enda himself. He doesn't have any back bone and it's likely he'd be out of office before the next election assuming his FG/Labour coalition last a full term.
Back Bone I hear you ask. -- He went up against Richard Bruton when no one gave him a chance, rumours surrounded he was gone and came out the other side. Certainly a fighter

blarney

It would secure his legacy as a statesman if he could bring about the second republic. France is on her fifth republic. No reason why we can't bring in a new way of governing ourselves. This sort of reflection and change generally occurs after periods of immense turmoil. I think we can safely say that we have endured such a period.

I'm in favour of a meritocracy with a parliamentary oversight.

liamfoley

In recent years we all have identified numerous problems with our administration

Expenses, local government (parish pump politics), seanad, guangos, by-election dates, use of RTE, dail holidays, salaries, tendering, semi state bodies etc etc.

Could a solution be within FG to identify Enda Kenny as the person to lead this change, which could be a bigger job then taoiseach with greater reward. Inside politics he is greatly admired by his peers as a worker and someone who is up for a challenge.

I'm raising this as I am looking on at everything happening within our political system over the last few days, and its clear the biggest challenge for our children is the system. We need it changed and we need it done ASAP.

Seriously this has to be the worst thread title ever. Almost like how Enda speaks.

atlantic

WAKE UP MAN/WOMAN Enda Kenny is an exschool teacher,the man is a complete statist , born, breed lived of the state all his live.Enda is a nice guy but I'm afraid when it comes to street kicking he just hasn't got it.Enda is just another parish pump populist that will do shag all.Thats why we need term limits in the Dail ,the cronyism,jobs for the boys , that cosy feeling that you own the people ,the money in the exchequer is yours do with as you will has to stop.

Bobert

Back Bone I hear you ask. -- He went up against Richard Bruton when no one gave him a chance, rumours surrounded he was gone and came out the other side. Certainly a fighter
Half his party still doesn't support him though!

SpinDocter

You kind Sir, Must be of your face...:)

ocoonassa

I'm raising this as I am looking on at everything happening within our political system over the last few days,
Sure you're missing the reality, wake up or it'll be too late to do anything about it, Enda is part of the problem not the solution, he doesn't care about you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgqeL0AvZfo]YouTube - Go Back to Bed America[/ame]

SilverLining

Not a chance. Kenny is a glove puppet leading a band of muppets. Everytime he opens his mouth I am convinced that he really is a character who was written for Father Ted but whoose scenes were lost on the cutting room floor. He comes accross as a complete comedy act. Just a big joke who can never ever be taken seriously.

dgeraghty

You feel the best person to overhaul the Oireachtas is someone who has been in that Oireachtas for the last 35 years and more or less only knows the system for his entire working life? Someone relatively independent would surely be better placed.

culmore

Kenny luckiest man on earth not to have won last election. If he had won he could be taking some blame now from the fianna Failures and FF live ie. RTE

hmmm

Have you any examples of this reformist zeal he will bring to politics?

Tea Party Patriot

Ah yes, a career politician is the man who will radically reform the system that is his career.

New Threads