• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Could the Orange Order help with the cuts?

Molly Maguire

Website
www.slotpb.com
Could the OO/ABOD/flute band scene show their patriotism by curtailing their weekly parades to one single parade on July 12th thus saving the taxpayer millions in policing costs.

typical

Or, alternatively, the police could withdraw protection and let them take their chances, not only saving money on policing but also increasing the tax take from petrol, bricks and funeral homes.

Or, the idiots and thugs who rise ti their taunts could give them the attention they actually deserve and ignore them completely, thus making them the irrelevance they would be if no-one cared.

picador

Could the OO/ABOD/flute band scene show their patriotism by curtailing their weekly parades to one single parade on July 12th thus saving the taxpayer millions in policing costs.
Of course not.

Northern Voice

Peddling your own petty bigotry under the facade of economic concerns. Nice.

st333ve

Why don't the British just ban all these supremacists organisations...again?

blinding

Why don't the British just ban all these supremacists organisations...again?
How did the americans bring the influence of the Klu Klux Klan down to the levels it is at today.

Whatever tactics were used against the Klan should be used against the "supremacist" orange order.

st333ve

My God, you truly are a fascist.
I merely said " Why don't the British ban them again"?

Surely it's the British you believe are fascists if they are the ones who banned the OO before?

Anyway I'm no fascist, fascists run around complaining about people speaking a certain language, worshipping military power and imperialism and intimidating and marching all over the place.

Luckily the OO are nothing like this! :p

Northern Voice

I merely said " Why don't the British ban them again"?

Surely it's the British you believe are fascists if they are the ones who banned the OO before?

Anyway I'm no fascist, fascists run around complaining about people speaking a certain language, worshipping military power and imperialism and intimidating and marching all over the place.

Luckily the OO are nothing like this! :p
The Orange Order was banned in the 19th century as it wasn't understood. Given the fraught situation on the ground in Ireland at the time, with the Catholic Defenders and the Peep o'Day boys causing mayhem, it was understandable. As an Orangeman myself, I have never been required to laud military power and British Imperialism. Those are individual political views which you cannot attribute to the Order purely for the sake of justifying your hatred of it. The requirements of an Orangeman merely are that he upholds the Reformed Faith, remains loyal to his monarch and bears his Catholic neighbours no ill will.

fluffykontbiscuits

The Orange Order was banned in the 19th century as it wasn't understood. Given the fraught situation on the ground in Ireland at the time, with the Catholic Defenders and the Peep o'Day boys causing mayhem, it was understandable. As an Orangeman myself, I have never been required to laud military power and British Imperialism. Those are individual political views which you cannot attribute to the Order purely for the sake of justifying your hatred of it. The requirements of an Orangeman merely are that he upholds the Reformed Faith, remains loyal to his monarch and bears his Catholic neighbours no ill will.
Not doubting you NV but do you have a mission statement or anything I could read mate? Thanks!

Northern Voice

Not doubting you NV but do you have a mission statement or anything I could read mate? Thanks!
I'm not sure if there is any proper duties online. I would take care with Google too because there are a lot of conspiracy theories and negative representations floating about.

Northern Voice

Do you think your "God" would be in favour of his flock annually celebrating a battle which led to the deaths of thousands?.
The Orange Order is no celebrating the event that was the battle but the results. The laying of the foundations of democracy and the safeguarding of civil and religious liberty for all.

Arracht

The requirements of an Orangeman merely are that he upholds the Reformed Faith, remains loyal to his monarch and bears his Catholic neighbours no ill will.
If true, can that not be done without marching around dressed like extras from the avengers?

I'm sure lots of Protestants manage that, myself included with the exception of loyalty to the British crown.

Arracht

The Orange Order is no celebrating the event that was the battle but the results. The laying of the foundations of democracy and the safeguarding of civil and religious liberty for all.
You've got to be taking the piss surely! Ever hear of the penal laws?

Molly Maguire

Website
www.slotpb.com
The laying of the foundations of democracy and the safeguarding of civil and religious liberty for all.
"To the glorious, pious and immortal memory of King William the Third, who saved us from Rogues and Roguery, Slaves and Slavery, Knaves and Knavery, Popes and Popery, from brass money and wooden shoes; and whoever denies this toast may he be slammed, crammed and jammed into the muzzle of the gun of Athlone and the gun fired into the Pope's belly, and the Pope into the Devil's belly, and the Devil into Hell, and the door locked and the key in an Orangeman's pocket; and may we never lack a brisk Protestant boy to kick the arse of a Papist."

:D

Northern Voice

"To the glorious, pious and immortal memory of King William the Third, who saved us from Rogues and Roguery, Slaves and Slavery, Knaves and Knavery, Popes and Popery, from brass money and wooden shoes; and whoever denies this toast may he be slammed, crammed and jammed into the muzzle of the gun of Athlone and the gun fired into the Pope's belly, and the Pope into the Devil's belly, and the Devil into Hell, and the door locked and the key in an Orangeman's pocket; and may we never lack a brisk Protestant boy to kick the arse of a Papist."

:D
Where is this from?

Arracht

Are you suggesting that they were for the benefit of the RC population of Ireland and enhanced their civil and religious liberties?

Please explain how?

Popular Threads

Most Replies