Councillors vote to fly Palestinian flag over Dublin's City Hall

roc_

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2017/0508/873586-dublin-city-council-palestinian-flag/

"... The motion proposed by People Before Profit Cllr John Lyons calls for the flag to be flown for the month of May.
The motion was carried with the support of Sinn Féin and left-wing parties by 42 to 11, with seven abstentions.
Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil members voted against.
An amendment from Fine Gael councillors proposing that both the Palestinian and Israeli flags be flown for a week was defeated..."

Disgraceful decision. - I am not talking about how the Palestinian people should not expect support and solidarity. Of course they should, and they should have the state that is their right. But that is not what animates these left wing misfits and dogmatists, projecting their own world-view naively onto the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. This is just another installment of their usual flag waving up in the peanut gallery, accompanied by the usual inane chanting to hold out for more, to plant one more bomb etc.

Disillusioned democrat

...and sometimes SF pretend they actually want to participate in government at some stage.

You know - there are moments of weakness where I wonder if I'd vote SF to rid us of FFG...but then they do something like this to remind me why I cannot.

statsman

Feckin' fleggers.

Erudite Caveman

Arse-twiddling nonsensocrats.

Tricolour, EU flag and if they must, that hideous light blue thing with assorted castles. Nothing else.

Clanrickard

...and sometimes SF pretend they actually want to participate in government at some stage.

You know - there are moments of weakness where I wonder if I'd vote SF to rid us of FFG...but then they do something like this to remind me why I cannot.
Same with me. I have thought about it but there always something to remind me what a bunch of virtue signalling twits they are.
Palestinian flag to fly above Dublin
Mr Lyons has said the move would support communities living under a form of “apartheid, worse than South Africa”.
What a gobshyte!

statsman

Arse-twiddling nonsensocrats.

Tricolour, EU flag and if they must, that hideous light blue thing with assorted castles. Nothing else.
Maybe a foreign flag if there's a visiting head of state.

Sister Mercedes

The motion was carried with the support of Sinn Féin and left-wing parties by 42 to 11, with seven abstentions. Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil members voted against.
Surely FF and FG have more than 11 members on the council. Is there any link available to who voted?

mr_anderson

Virtue signalling is the conspicuous expression of moral values by an individual done primarily with the intent of enhancing that person's standing within a social group. The term was first used in signalling theory, to describe any behavior that could be used to signal virtue – especially piety among the religious.

Since 2015, the term has become more commonly used as a pejorative characterization by commentators to criticize what they regard as the platitudinous, empty, or superficial support of certain political views, and also used within groups to criticize their own members for valuing outward appearance over substantive action.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtue_signalling

SeanieFitz

I agree. There are some SF TD's that impress me, I may not agree with them however they come across as being articulate, well briefed, intelligent and educated. Just what we should be looking for in our politicians.
Then they promote something like this which reinforces my position to never vote for them

GDPR

Disgraceful decision. - I am not talking about how the Palestinian people should not expect support and solidarity. Of course they should, and they should have the state that is their right..
Lad you regard them as Amalek and wish that they didn't exist, you no more believe that they deserve support and solidarity than the INLA believe Ulster Prods or Willie Frazer believes that Ulster Catholics do. By the way I honestly am a lot more understanding of Jews supporting the Zionist colonial project than I am of those of the Nations who tend as we see on this forum to be utter moral trash, however please we didn't come down in the last shower.

Anyway this is a beautiful gesture and one I fully support.

Fullforward

Well done Dublin City Council.

darkhorse

Did they fly any flags in support of the hundreds of thousands of Syrians murdered by the Assad regime or the millions displaced as refugees by him?
Or indeed any other world catastrophe?

eoghanacht

Same with me.

I could just about buy that DD might, might vote SF.

But no Clantard, who spent most of last year with a Thatcher avatar was going to vote SF.

Pull the other one lads it has bells on it.

roc_

Lad you regard them as Amalek and wish that they didn't exist, you no more believe that they deserve support and solidarity ...
Blatantly untrue. Same as nearly everything you write on here. I have never ever said a word against the Palestinian people beyond perhaps rail against their choice of leadership.

What I have done is vehemently attack this perpetually degenerate Palestinian leadership, including their Arab sponsors, and their "Western Leftist" sponsors - who as I observe it, have made life utterly miserable for Palestinian civilians.

As they are the ones sending the Palestinians to make war and jihad for them. They are the ones causing the failure of peace-negotiations. They are the ones obstinately crying no-no-We-want-Jerusalem-all-to-ourselves. They are the ones lying, both to the west and to the Arabs, telling each completely different things. They are the eternal terrorists who know only how to be terrorists, while keeping themselves safe, and indoctrinating Palestinian children to become suicide bombers and jihadists. They are the ones who keep their own families safe in Paris and Qatar, served and revered like royalty, while they keep their own people down in the sh1t, taking them out of the sh1t only to send them to kill and to die...

But listen, your own agenda is pretty stark, and you know I see through you. So of course you always make an effort to misrepresent me.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies