• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Count Dankula fined £800 for YouTube of dog trained to give Nazi salute in response to 'gas the Jews'

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Count Dankula fined £800 for YouTube of dog trained to give Nazi salute in response to 'gas the Jews'

Mark Meechan aka Count Dankula is in my opinion an insincere troll of the far right milieu

https://mobile.twitter.com/CountDankulaTV

He likes to pretend that his bigotry is merely a joke
Man fined for hate crime after filming pug's 'Nazi salutes' - BBC News
Fining Meechan £800, the sheriff told him: "The centrepiece of your video consists of you repeating the phrase 'Gas the Jews' over and over again as a command to a dog which then reacts.

"You use the command Sieg Heil, having trained the dog to raise its paw in response and the video shows a clip of a Nuremberg rally and a flashing image of Hitler with strident music.
On the whole evidence..I found it proved that the video you posted, using a public communications network, was grossly offensive and contained menacing, anti-Semitic and racist material."
Meechan was supported in court by by Tommy Robinson, former leader of far-right group the English Defence League (EDL).
However, should his bigoted speech attract criminal sanction ?

I say no, as it lacked sufficient specificity to be a credible, direct menace

Cyp

eskrimador

Balls

Trainwreck

benroe

Yep, today the United Kingdoms justice system is about to jail a comedian for making a joke in poor taste.

benroe

[video=youtube;Cp4Ri2v0ojA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp4Ri2v0ojA[/video]

raetsel

Strawberry

Yep, today the United Kingdoms justice system is about to jail a comedian for making a joke in poor taste.
No they're not. They've fined an unfunny You Tube blow hard £800. Not that I agree with that either, but don't exaggerate.

Analyzer

wuff justice....

NativeWildCat

Mark Meechan aka Count Dankula is in my opinion an insincere troll of the far right milieu

https://mobile.twitter.com/CountDankulaTV

He likes to pretend that his bigotry is merely a joke
Man fined for hate crime after filming pug's 'Nazi salutes' - BBC News

However, should his bigoted speech attract criminal sanction ?

I say no, as it lacked sufficient specificity to be a credible, direct menace

Cyp
You can't be far right and a communist. Jesus christ. This should be pretty basic.

benroe

No they're not. They've fined an unfunny You Tube blow hard £800. Not that I agree with that either, but don't exaggerate.
I didn't realise he had been sentenced, still way over the top.

Roisin3

Never heard of him before. Now he’ll have lots more followers. Better than buying £800 in advertising.

NativeWildCat

The brave Mr. Meechan makes a good point while exposing the sheer hypocrisy of all this bollocks. He makes an obvious joke and faces Prison. While a genuine disgusting racist ************************ in Scotland at the same time makes a vile racist video and not only does he not face similar legal charges he in fact gets state funded. Unbelievable!

[video=youtube;TFAx0_y-H9s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFAx0_y-H9s[/video]

benroe

Never heard of him before. Now he’ll have lots more followers. Better than buying £800 in advertising.
Its unbelievable that those in power cannot see how bringing people to the public's attention like this ,only serves to boost their popularity and amplify more examples of the content that caused the offence in the first place.

Roisin3

To be fair, I’d probably laugh at a Nazi saluting dog. There’s no accounting for taste, even my own.