Coursing Club in dire financial straits...

USER1234

The cruelty dished out by animal activists is far far greater than any perceived cruelty to the Irish Hare.
Desecrating graves is what these activists are about and to think that some of those imprisoned in the UK for such disgraceful activities would be invited to ireland by the sick irish activists is mind boggling.

Animal activists face jail over plot to steal body - Times Online
Well done tomybhoy, just cause you don't like the way the debate is going slander all animal rights activist for the actions of fringe extremists, you learned your lesson from tarzan very well!!!

tomybhoy

Website
www.greyhoundnuts.com
I think you should retract that comment, the founders of the AR movement are on record condoning the use of violence, you need to look in the mirror.
Comparing the greyhound community to paedophiles is sick and that statement came from an Irish Activist, the loonies are being exposed for what they are, no more no less.

Mushroom

So, if the ICC goes under, then hare coursing will simply disappear overnight?

Smart work there, Einsteins - or, should I say, Darwins - because that's the kind of logic that Mary Coughlan would probably employ.

(Anyone with an IQ slightly above the melting temperature of ice can probably guess what would really happen to hare coursing - and to hares - if the ICC ceased to exist.)

Last edited:

Oldira1

Anyone who takes the side of a developer is an evil twisted malign excuse for a human being.

Developers and bankers have destroyed the hopes,dreams and lives of thousands of HUMAN BEINGS.

Coursing destroys the lives of a few hares.

Priorities please.

skev

Website
www.facebook.com
Anyone who takes the side of a developer is an evil twisted malign excuse for a human being.

Developers and bankers have destroyed the hopes,dreams and lives of thousands of HUMAN BEINGS.

Coursing destroys the lives of a few hares.

Priorities please.
Duh,

Hares are cute and cuddly, human beings are not.

Are you seriously trying to say that a human life is worth as much as one of Gods cutest and cuddliest animals?

Oldira1

Duh,

Hares are cute and cuddly, human beings are not.

Are you seriously trying to say that a human life is worth as much as one of Gods cutest and cuddliest animals?
Well yes....but dont let the Greens hear that or I will have protestors at my door.

ShadeofGreen

An update on that case involving the Irish Coursing Club and the property developer...the ICC LOST the case and on Tuesday, January 18th, the Commercial Court in Dublin will decide on the amount of damages to be awarded against the governing body of live hare coursing in Ireland. Damages could exceed five million euro, according to an article late last year in Phoenix magazine....and of course there'll be the legal costs. Could be wonderful day for the hares of Ireland!

Raketemensch

An update on that case involving the Irish Coursing Club and the property developer...the ICC LOST the case and on Tuesday, January 18th, the Commercial Court in Dublin will decide on the amount of damages to be awarded against the governing body of live hare coursing in Ireland. Damages could exceed five million euro, according to an article late last year in Phoenix magazine....and of course there'll be the legal costs. Could be wonderful day for the hares of Ireland!
Good news.

Apart from the cruelty involved, I have always had a huge problem with how coursing is funded by the taxpayer. I protest in the strongest possible way to funding the brutal hobbies of a bunch of bloodlusting redfaced simpletons, nobody funds my hobbies:(

ShadeofGreen

Peaceful demo...

Good news.

Apart from the cruelty involved, I have always had a huge problem with how coursing is funded by the taxpayer. I protest in the strongest possible way to funding the brutal hobbies of a bunch of bloodlusting redfaced simpletons, nobody funds my hobbies:(
Of course, and I forgot to mention...there will be peaceful demo outside Dail Eireann mounted by the Campaign Against Cruel Sports to coincide with the court case on Tuesday (1 pm to 2 pm), its purpose being to appeal to the government not to bail out the ICC. The Taoiseach is a very passionate supporter of live hare coursing, as are many FF ministers and deputies.

(Our lovely greyhound industry at work...)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q33yiORJfXs]YouTube - Greyhound blooding in ireland[/ame]

SpinDocter

A fraternity of gombeen hicks is bad enough. A fraternity of gombeen hicks with a mutual interest in animal cruelty for sport is another thing entirely.

A plague on the ICC. I hope the SC torpedoes them, and may they all rot in hell.
Well said, may they all rot in hell.Scum...

SpinDocter

The cruelty dished out by animal activists is far far greater than any perceived cruelty to the Irish Hare.
Desecrating graves is what these activists are about and to think that some of those imprisoned in the UK for such disgraceful activities would be invited to ireland by the sick irish activists is mind boggling.

Animal activists face jail over plot to steal body - Times Online
Utter propaganda nonsense and tripe. I am an animal activist and I condenm violence of any kind. I find your post offensive. You Sir, are a knobhead of highest order, getting your thrills from the killing of defenseless animals for your sick twisted pleaure. Utter fool.

ShadeofGreen

Big case involving Irish Coursing Club...

the case that could topple the ICC continues...decision any day now. It's been progressing through the Commercial Court for the past two weeks...Intriguing exchange of frank views on a greyhound industry chat forum called "Greyhound Nuts":

Bridie Mc
Baby Nutter

Re: Any word from legal eagles?
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2011, 09:45:59 AM » Quote

This doesn't just affect the ICC. ALL greyhound people will have to dig them out, with hiked registration & naming fees etc... The Sporting Press will increase in price. WE ALL will have to pay the price for incompetent leadership, the same as we all have to pay for our incompetent Government. It will pee more people off with the game and they will end up leaving, as so many are leaving the Country.

Report to moderator Logged

Tom Brett
Administrator
Exceptional Nutter

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2011, 10:30:22 AM » Quote

Would we all take it a bit better if the people responsible for destroying this Country had to face the Courts......I would be happier and I suspect others would be as well if we knew this would not be allowed to happen again.......................the ICC's actions I believe no matter the outcome are correct and right.......some times you have to do the right thing even if it will cost you.

THE WOO
Baby Nutter

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2011, 18:52:17 PM » Quote

How can two wrongs make a right? In my opinion the present exec. found themselves in a situation where a binding contract had been entered into by the previous secretary, (rightly or wrongly, I'm not in a position to judge, only the executive have the information upon which to form an opinion).
In my view, the primary consideration of the present executive is, and should have been the protection of the ICC going forward.
Did they serve the best interests of coursing by refusing to complete the contract? Was it in the best interest of coursing to gamble on winning the high court case? Is it in the best interests of coursing to burden the members with the massive costs (legal and damages) which ensues from a breach of contract of this magnitude? To risk losing powerstown park to fund this course of action?
I don't think so, I cannot see the integrity in fighting a case that cannot be won, it takes integrity to do the right thing, and the right thing in this situation was to protect whatever assets remained in the ICC, and to protect the members.
In my opinion if they wished to challenge the way the ICC was run by the previous secretary and executive, and if they have evidence of wrongdoing they are correct to do so, they should have utilized the law of the land. This high court case was not the way to do it.

Tom Brett
Administrator
Exceptional Nutter

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2011, 19:04:44 PM » Quote

THE WOO
Baby Nutter

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2011, 21:35:47 PM » Quote

Whether Justice Clarke is on the board of HRI is irrelevant, he declared his position at the outset and the ICC legal team were satisfied for him to hear the case. It is disingenuous, in my opinion, to raise this issue now.
At any rate, no High Court Judge would put his character into question in such a public manner, in such a high profile case, and to what end....?
The evidence speaks for itself, mistakes have been made on both sides, is it not time to stop this blinkered view of past and present executives and move on..... nobody is perfect.

DANDEMAN
Teenage Nutter

« Reply #65 on: Today at 01:35:30 » Quote

Big words indeed my learned friend Woo,there wont be too many on here who can understand that shite or scutter as it is known in Touhy.I drive a digger at night and milk a few cows by day.If I read that post out to an auld shorthorn I have here she woukd kick me into the next parish.Stick with the english(much as it grieves me)language on here Old Chappie or we will be up all night rootin through the dictionary

Tom Brett
Administrator
Exceptional Nutter

« Reply #66 on: Today at 08:27:01 » Quote

Quote from: THE WOO on January 30, 2011, 21:35:47 PM
It was unwinnable from the start, the evidence adduced in court supports this contention, and supports the findings of the judge whose judgment was well reasoned and strong on detail.
Whether Justice Clarke is on the board of HRI is irrelevant, he declared his position at the outset and the ICC legal team were satisfied for him to hear the case. It is disingenuous, in my opinion, to raise this issue now.
At any rate, no High Court Judge would put his character into question in such a public manner, in such a high profile case, and to what end....?
The evidence speaks for itself, mistakes have been made on both sides, is it not time to stop this blinkered view of past and present executives and move on..... nobody is perfect.

So are you saying the ICC were badly advised by their legal team?
Why would a judge sit in a case where there is a chance of a conflict of interest?

Would it be extremely rare for a judge not to exclude himself from a case where he knows some of the people involved?

Cormac O Conachur

Whether the ICC lose the case or not, we can rest assurred that Coursing, given its support base, and the connection with the communities through the lenght and breadth of Ireland, made up of solid citizens with a get up and go attitude will survive. Indeed the courtcase and the difficulties that it has brought to the surface within the club itself has harnessed the very strong grassroots support that the sport enjoys, to participate more in how the sport is administered in Ireland and prevent some of the poor administerative practices which have led to the courtcase.

I cannot say, and indeed no one can say what the outcome of the courtcase will be, but coursing will survive to continue its conservation efforts, along with its invaluable and immeasurable work in keeping the community and social fabric of Ireland in good order, not to mention the work and enjoyment that coursing gives to many.

Some of the over the top comments of the antagonists of the sport, illustrate more about their internal anger, and lack of understanding of coursing and its supporters than anything else. Sickos and scum, as they like to call coursing men and women, are not the kind of people that work tirelessly for the sport in over 80 clubs throughout the length and breadth of Ireland, but rather people who are respectful and decent and quitely keep this country ticking over in these tough times.

How many of the professional protesters that form the ranks of these Anti Field Sports/Animal Rights movements can say that they have contributed as much to Ireland as these people have.

This movement of fundamentalist Animal rights ideologists have taken over the Green Party, fatally damaging it in the process, dividing the green party from the real people of Ireland who can effectually deliver positive change to the environment in Ireland, and making environmental reform unattainable in any real sense.

You have killed the Green Party, that is what you have achieved, and nothing more.

ShadeofGreen

More developments...

Whether the ICC lose the case or not, we can rest assurred that Coursing, given its support base, and the connection with the communities through the lenght and breadth of Ireland, made up of solid citizens with a get up and go attitude will survive. Indeed the courtcase and the difficulties that it has brought to the surface within the club itself has harnessed the very strong grassroots support that the sport enjoys, to participate more in how the sport is administered in Ireland and prevent some of the poor administerative practices which have led to the courtcase.

I cannot say, and indeed no one can say what the outcome of the courtcase will be, but coursing will survive to continue its conservation efforts, along with its invaluable and immeasurable work in keeping the community and social fabric of Ireland in good order, not to mention the work and enjoyment that coursing gives to many.

Some of the over the top comments of the antagonists of the sport, illustrate more about their internal anger, and lack of understanding of coursing and its supporters than anything else. Sickos and scum, as they like to call coursing men and women, are not the kind of people that work tirelessly for the sport in over 80 clubs throughout the length and breadth of Ireland, but rather people who are respectful and decent and quitely keep this country ticking over in these tough times.

How many of the professional protesters that form the ranks of these Anti Field Sports/Animal Rights movements can say that they have contributed as much to Ireland as these people have.

This movement of fundamentalist Animal rights ideologists have taken over the Green Party, fatally damaging it in the process, dividing the green party from the real people of Ireland who can effectually deliver positive change to the environment in Ireland, and making environmental reform unattainable in any real sense.

You have killed the Green Party, that is what you have achieved, and nothing more.

The Greens didn't suffer due to support for bloodsports ban, that's for certain. It was due to coalition with FF etc.

A further development yesterday...costs were awarded against the ICC in the case brought against it by the property developer. Info a bit sketchy but the ICC was concerned about the size of the costs bill, which, from an animal welfare point of view, is fantastic.

Here's a link, though the amount isn't mentioned: Great News from Commercial Court - Indymedia Ireland

Re Points made about "great work" of coursing clubs. What rot. They've been banned in Britain and NI, before that Australia banned these predatory gangs that exist to make hares run in terror from hyped-up greyhounds...and all for a bit of a laugh and a flutter. Nothing to do with conservation. The idea that coursing clubs do what they do to these animals "for their own good" is utterly sick.

We know of other human beings who say the same about their treatment of other people. Perverts of all kinds believe their behaviour is somehow justified and beneficial to their victims.

Using hares as live bait in contests between greyhounds DOES NOT help conserve the species. Period.

Great News from Commercial Court - Indymedia Ireland

ShadeofGreen

Since posting that I've seen today's Daily Mail and it says the ICC have to fork out a whopping 1.5 million euro to Greenband...that's added to the E 640,000 in damages they;ve already been ordered to pay. The ICC has appealed the whole decision re the alleged breach of contract that prompted the case, to the Supreme Court. If it loses that appeal...more costs.

Roll it on...remember these are the people who orgainse hare-baiting sessions nationwide and deem it fun to make captive hares run for their lives in parks and wired-off fields.

shoneen

I wouldn't mind getting a lend of some of those greyhounds to get rid of the rabbits in my garden. Or do they just go for hares?:confused:

Tea Party Patriot

Since posting that I've seen today's Daily Mail and it says the ICC have to fork out a whopping 1.5 million euro to Greenband...that's added to the E 640,000 in damages they;ve already been ordered to pay. The ICC has appealed the whole decision re the alleged breach of contract that prompted the case, to the Supreme Court. If it loses that appeal...more costs.

Roll it on...remember these are the people who orgainse hare-baiting sessions nationwide and deem it fun to make captive hares run for their lives in parks and wired-off fields.
Given the general financial profile of your average coursing supporter if the case goes against the ICC I am sure they will still be quickly out of financial difficulty.

€2 or €3 million won't be a lot of money to raise through donations if it goes wrong.

Seanie Lemass

So what sport that you don't like is next on the agenda to be banned because people who know jack sh1t about them choose to be offended?:

Greyhound racing, horse racing, fishing, hurling, boxing.... golf?

Get a life and stop interfering with other peoples ;)

By the way tea party your 'average coursing supporter' would be a small farmer from Tipperary, Limerick, Kerry or Cork.

Although I doubt you have ever met one!

Tea Party Patriot

So what sport that you don't like is next on the agenda to be banned because people who know jack sh1t about them choose to be offended?:

Greyhound racing, horse racing, fishing, hurling, boxing.... golf?

Get a life and stop interfering with other peoples ;)

By the way tea party your 'average coursing supporter' would be a small farmer from Tipperary, Limerick, Kerry or Cork.

Although I doubt you have ever met one!
Actually I am an avid coursing supporter, and owner; my family actually won one of the major classics in powerstown many years ago.

To be honest I would say someone like JP would come in quickly to the rescue if there was any danger of it going.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies