Court finds collusion just a figment of Nationalist imagination.

death or glory

News report just breaking
Judge says nationalist police omsbudmans report into collusion in Loughinisland massacre were"unsustainable in law"
He also says the report was
"careless, thoughtless and inattentive in the language and structuring of the document"

A more scathing indictment of the police ombudsman could not have been more forthcoming.

Hopefully this will put the issue of collusion to bed once and for all.

Loughinisland report: Authors' language was 'careless' - BBC News

Dame_Enda

Judge says nationalist police omsbudmans report into collusion in Loughinisland massacre were"unsustainable in law"
"careless, thoughtless and inattentive in the language and structuring of the document"

A more scathing indictment of the police ombudsman could not have been more forthcoming.

BBC said:
BBC News NI's Home Affairs correspondent, Vincent Kearney said: "This does not mean the Loughinisland report has been quashed.

"The judge will receive further legal submissions whether to do so."

vivabrigada

Puts collusion to bed?
Ffs catch yourself on.

death or glory

Well if the omsbudman's report is not squashed after that, I'd be surpised.
It has undermined any future omsbudman reports and calls into question the omsbudman impartiality and decision making skills.

Cruimh

Nationalists will have to find something else to blame for their losing their terrorist war against the decent people of NI.

The 'Brits fought dirty', like their dirty protesters, just won't wash...

death or glory

Nationalists will have to find something else to blame for their losing their terrorist war against the decent people of NI.

The 'Brits fought dirty', like their dirty protesters, just won't wash...
Sweet,
couldn't have put it any better myself.

Craigmore..

All the language and talk from republicans, it has been speculation and accusations. We have some of the finest thresholds and mechanisms of justice in the world.

All the prejudices republicans harbour towards the people and the rules of law here do nothing to enable justice. They are very careful in their language, go further and name names I say, its all in the public domain...

Dame_Enda

There is no doubt that whatever about this one incident, that it has clearly been established that in NI as a whole, collusion was a fact. Brian Nelson and the FRU (Force Research Unit) attest to that fact. The media campaign to oust John Stalker when he was getting too close to the truth also attests to that. And the fact that the UDA was not banned until 1995.

death or glory

There is no doubt that whatever about this one incident, that it has clearly been established that in NI as a whole, collusion was a fact. Brian Nelson and the FRU (Force Research Unit) attest to that fact. The burning of the Stalker enquiry's offices in the 1980s attest to that, and the media campaign to oust him when he was getting too close to the truth.
No, it hasn't.
The most that has been established is that the British had infiltrated at all levels all paramilitary groups and weakened them to a point that they had to admit defeat. If that is what you call collusion well then as the judge says it isn't "sustainable in law".

vivabrigada

All the language and talk from republicans, it has been speculation and accusations. We have some of the finest thresholds and mechanisms of justice in the world.

All the prejudices republicans harbour towards the people and the rules of law here do nothing to enable justice. They are very careful in their language, go further and name names I say, its all in the public domain...
David Cameron said of course there was collusion in the murder of Pat Finucane, do you seriously expect anyone to believe that was a one off?
Yes or no?

devonish

David Cameron said of course there was collusion in the murder of Pat Finucane, do you seriously expect anyone to believe that was a one off?
Yes or no?
I think it might have been BTB who stated that there was probably a greater degree of collusion that most from the unionist perspective would like to admit and less than republicans would claim, I think that's probably a fair assessment.

between the bridges

I think it might have been BTB who stated that there was probably a greater degree of collusion that most from the unionist perspective would like to admit and less than republicans would claim, I think that's probably a fair assessment.
Indeed, the problem with a lot of CNR approach to collusion is they want to tar every BA, UDR and RUC member with it, as this is complete ballix it turns most PUL off from even considering it, much as a claim that all CNR were in the Ra would the other way around...

McSlaggart

When the British army allowed known loyalist terrorists to stay in its ranks then we do know the level of collusion was horrifically high.

vivabrigada

Indeed, the problem with a lot of CNR approach to collusion is they want to tar every BA, UDR and RUC member with it, as this is complete ballix it turns most PUL off from even considering it, much as a claim that all CNR were in the Ra would the other way around...
You must remember before you wet your knickers, no facts on RUC/UVF collusion at Loughinisland were even challenged nevermind overturned.
Six men were murdered by loyalists for being Catholic. The RUC destroyed/ignored the evidence.

between the bridges

You must remember before you wet your knickers, no facts on RUC/UVF collusion at Loughinisland were even challenged nevermind overturned.
Six men were murdered by loyalists for being Catholic. The RUC destroyed/ignored the evidence.

You choose to ignore the point moi made merely because ye are unable to deal with this or any other issue in an adult manner, yer cultish mantra answer to everything is themuns started it in 69, in short ye are a complete ballix and moi treats ye as such, merry Xmas vivy.

death or glory

When the British army allowed known loyalist terrorists to stay in its ranks then we do know the level of collusion was horrifically high.
Sounds like the GAA then colluded with Republican terrorists.

CastleRay

There is no doubt that whatever about this one incident, that it has clearly been established that in NI as a whole, collusion was a fact. Brian Nelson and the FRU (Force Research Unit) attest to that fact. The media campaign to oust John Stalker when he was getting too close to the truth also attests to that. And the fact that the UDA was not banned until 1995.
That's not a fact at all. The definition of "collusion" is seriously impaired as to nationalists it has become 'wholesale targeting and murdering of innocent Catholics' which is utter bollox. There was certainly an intelligence operation in place with spies / informers being paid by the state for information on the operations of illegal terrorist organisations.

GDPR

The RUC wasn't the Borg- there were good civic minded men in the RUC who worked hard to Loyalist killers behind bars while other members of the force were colluding with them or actual members (there was on RUC man who was actually convicted of a murder he carried out as part of some Loyalist group). I do think that Republicans have a tendency to unjustly tar all RUC members with the same brush however at this stage I think it is impossible to deny that collusion was UK Deep State policy during the Troubles.

death or glory

By that standard they also colluded with the british army.
Yes,
maybe in Crossmaglen, when they let us Brits use their pitches.

You have to say you heard it here first, its the headlines on the news about how inept the Police omsbudman was in this report.
If he had any decency he would resign.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies