• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Courts rule that CAB may now seize family homes.

Truth.ie

I've no problem with this whatsoever.
In the past palatial houses paid for by proceeds of crime or drugs, could not be touched under the Constitutional protection of the family home.
This ruling will pave the way for several homes to be seized, and a further shake down of criminals and narco-capitalists.
They'll just have to rent or join the housing list like the rest of the country.
CAB gets clearance to seize family homes of gangsters - National News - Independent.ie
My only caveat is that I hope this ruling is used with the same vigour in white collar crime cases.
Oh, to see some bankers, developers or politicians having to rent some 3 bed semi in a sink estate.

pragmaticapproach

I've no problem with this whatsoever.
In the past palatial houses paid for by proceeds of crime or drugs, could not be touched under the Constitutional protection of the family home.
This ruling will pave the way for several homes to be seized, and a further shake down of criminals and narco-capitalists.
They'll just have to rent or join the housing list like the rest of the country.
CAB gets clearance to seize family homes of gangsters - National News - Independent.ie
My only caveat is that I hope this ruling is used with the same vigour in white collar crime cases.
Oh, to see some bankers, developers or politicians having to rent some 3 bed semi in a sink estate.
The plastic republicans of the "real" and "continuity" cardboard IRA wont be too happy.

eoghanacht

Will it cover any of our criminal bankers?

ObsessiveMathsFreak

Don't be fooled. This is a side effect of the legislation to repossess the homes of mortgage owners in arrears. It's a spin on the real issue.

RichardDeClare

Will love to see the CAB's justification for when half of ireland's homes are seized due to this law being mis-used used to force out mortgage holders in arrears.

They, they must have robbed that cheap credit off the banks!!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies