Coveney (Eire deputy PM) found a reverse gear & licking up to DUP

death or glory

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Not everything is about the Tundra you know. This has more to do with Coveney dogwhistling at the Sinn-Fein-afeared in Fine Gael than anything else.

Keeping himself front of mind within the patio-party for when Varadkar's race is run.

Dr Pat

Éire? Are you recognising Minister Coveney as Deputy Prime Minister of the whole island? If so, welcome! :D

death or glory

Éire? Are you recognising Minister Coveney as Deputy Prime Minister of the whole island? If so, welcome! :D
If he keeps backtracking like this he might become the deputy PM of the whole of Ireland united under British rule, the only way that would happen.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
That's one confused Eskimo alright. Dazzled by all the Northern Lights this time of year and pissed on Husky-Juice probably.

McSlaggart

I see Simon Coneey is back tracking like mad now and licking up to the DUP

"DUP demands the Northern Ireland institutions can not be brought down again by Sinn Fein should they be restored, is a reasonable expectation, the Irish Tanaiste and foreign minister Simon Coveney has said."

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dup-demand-sinn-fein-cant-pull-down-institutions-again-reasonable-says-simon-coveney-36446246.html

Has any Eire politicians a back-bone?
"Amid speculation of a fresh round of negotiations aimed at restoring devolution, Political Correspondent John Manley asks if republicans have any appetite for a return to Stormont"

ANALYSIS: Is it time to acknowledge that this phase of peace process has run its course? - The Irish News

Simon is worried that nationalists in the north will not get the assembly up and running again.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
If he keeps backtracking like this he might become the deputy PM of the whole of Ireland united under British rule, the only way that would happen.
Shouldn't you be keeping an eye on Holyrood? Last igloo on the left.

death or glory

death or glory

Shouldn't you be keeping an eye on Holyrood? Last igloo on the left.
But you must admit it is a bit of an about turn.
One thing about the recent DUP, at least now after Paisley, it does try to do what it says.

Dr Pat

How about joint administration of both Britain and Ireland by the two governments?

death or glory

How about joint administration of both Britain and Ireland by the two governments?
That's simply never going to happen, it's like a united Ireland just a pipe dream.

The only realistic options are Stormont or direct rule like at the minute.

NMunsterman

But you must admit it is a bit of an about turn.
One thing about the recent DUP, at least now after Paisley, it does try to do what it says.
"Israeli ambassador claimed former DUP leader Paisley contacted him 'to obtain arms', declassified files reveal "

Do you mean Arlene won't be asking the Israeli's for arms then - or they will ask and demand them ?

Which way ?

death or glory

"Israeli ambassador claimed former DUP leader Paisley contacted him 'to obtain arms', declassified files reveal "

Do you mean Arlene won't be asking the Israeli's for arms then - or they will ask and demand them ?

Which way ?
Yes, I said after Paisley, at which point you brought up Paisley. I take it them Brain cells get lonely in there.

Dr Pat

That's simply never going to happen, it's like a united Ireland just a pipe dream.

The only realistic options are Stormont or direct rule like at the minute.
Believe me, I am not dreaming of joint sovereignty/administration of both islands. However, it makes no sense to mess up an all-island economy on this island with a hard border. Everyone benefits, irrespective of one's political allegiance.

death or glory

Believe me, I am not dreaming of joint sovereignty/administration of both islands. However, it makes no sense to mess up an all-island economy on this island with a hard border. Everyone benefits, irrespective of one's political allegiance.
But it's never going to happen. Us Unionists and the British government will never accept it.
We export 4* as much to the mainland as to the Republic.

It's not all about money, it's about principles like yourselves when youse went independent.

NMunsterman

Yes, I said after Paisley, at which point you brought up Paisley. I take it them Brain cells get lonely in there.
So, again, will Arlene be asking for Israeli arms or not ?

Yes or No ?

Jimmy "the Gun Runner" Craig was more partial to German arms.

NMunsterman

But it's never going to happen. Us Unionists and the British government will never accept it.
We export 4* as much to the mainland as to the Republic.

It's not all about money, it's about principles like yourselves when youse went independent.
The North is an economic basket-case - closely resembling a communist-bloc country with the HUGE public sector.

Wascurito

Having achieved all objectives re Brexit, he can afford to start mending fences. Indeed, he should.

death or glory

Having achieved all objectives re Brexit, he can afford to start mending fences. Indeed, he should.
There's a big wall to be built, he could have a go at building that fence too.

Dame_Enda

The power to suspend the institutions was insisted on by David Trimbles UUP in the 2000s or 1990s. It's ironic to see the shoe on the other foot now

New Threads

Most Replies