• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Coveney Makes an Ass of Himself on the Radio

thetruthsback

Has anyone else heard Simon Coveney's brilliant performance on Cork's Red FM?
Victor Barry, who presents the program, asked Coveney: "What are the fines for those operating illegal clamping companies in your proposed legislation to regulate the sector ?"

After stumbling for a few moments, Coveney had to admit he didn't know. What a humpty. It's certainly one for You Tube

corelli

The "twin" got the brains in that family. He was, and still is, a plank.

needle_too

'Politician on provincial radio station cant remember minuate of policy' - Shocker!

jackryan

I have to say I always thought he was overated! Nice packaging but pretty empty!

livingstone

I think Coveney is wasted in his front bench positions and would be much better in Foreign Affairs or Europe. It may not arise for much longer - with Labour selecting Desmond as a second candidate, Coveney is the most likely of the two FGers to lose out in CSC (probably not to Desmond, mind, but most likely to Buttimer.

thetruthsback

I think Coveney is wasted in his front bench positions and would be much better in Foreign Affairs or Europe. It may not arise for much longer - with Labour selecting Desmond as a second candidate, Coveney is the most likely of the two FGers to lose out in CSC (probably not to Desmond, mind, but most likely to Buttimer.
Ya, I agree to a point. I see Clune and Coveney fighting for the last seat

cricket

I've said it a few times here before , Coveney is a nice guy but that's about it. An absolute joke candidate for leadership. He lacks the essential ability to be able to think on his feet. Mind you , he's not exactly challenged in the personality department by his FG colleague in CSC. , Ms. Clune.

grassroots

I've said it a few times here before , Coveney is a nice guy but that's about it. An absolute joke candidate for leadership. He lacks the essential ability to be able to think on his feet. Mind you , he's not exactly challenged in the personality department by his FG colleague in CSC. , Ms. Clune.
As compared to the intellctual collosus that is Kath Lynch

uriah

'Politician on provincial radio station cant remember minuate of policy' - Shocker!
To be expected of course...once one moves outside the Pale and into the 'provinces', standards really deteriorate.

Do you think they can spell and use apostrophes out there in the wilderness?

Dr Pat

He is less than impressive and appears to be either completely gullible or in hock to the "legal eagles" and professional multicults making a killing out of the immigration industry. Saw him (I think it was last year) on TV supporting Pamela Scamela even though she had been found to have submitted false documents to the court in her disgraceful bid to stay by any means. I have to say that I lost all respect for him after that and I say that as a guy who actually gave him a vote at one time.

the_rebubblican

Yeah Cork South Central is looking like an episode of University Challenge in the Young Ones. Things are bad when the slippery eel that is Michael McGrath is in this climate tipped to get back in due mainly to the quality of choice on offer. Coveney has trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time. Apparently Clune is no better. I'll never forget the shambles of a radio interview he did days before the election where Dermot Ahern casually tore him apart on FG health proposals. He's no heavyweight, he's a liability....

dent

He lacks the essential ability to be able to think on his feet. Mind you , he's not exactly challenged in the personality department by his FG colleague in CSC. , Ms. Clune.
I think you've summed it up very well. He suffers from a stutter, doesn't he ? In which case that can't help, in fairness, though De Rossa fairly much overcame his problem, as the years went by.

If there was only one FGer coming out of CSC, I'd prefer if it was Coveney. Some go on about Clune, but I've never seen anything of note from her.

dent

Yeah Cork South Central is looking like an episode of University Challenge in the Young Ones. Things are bad when the slippery eel that is Michael McGrath is in this climate tipped to get back in due mainly to the quality of choice on offer. Coveney has trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time. Apparently Clune is no better. I'll never forget the shambles of a radio interview he did days before the election where Dermot Ahern casually tore him apart on FG health proposals. He's no heavyweight, he's a liability....
Yeah i remember that interview plus there was one on tv where the tv was lucky I didn't have a baseball bat nearby !

As for Michael McGrath, God help us ! How did he get elected in the first place ? To hear him and that other clown Calleary, bluster their way through debates this summer is soul destroying because the tv exposure alone will probably see them re-elected.

We are so badly served in Cork by our politicians.

Cork1234

Clune is nothing short of excellent on local issues. Coveney will more than likely lose his seat.

P.s..does anyone still listen to cork talks back? Its total rubbish I think.

DaveMc

No wonder this country is bankrupt, will FF and FG ever ‘go professional’?; Coveney got the position as a result of his father’s name (and we know what he was in politics for), now we have an ex “hurling star” in pole position to take Enright’s seat for FG.
Bad enough as the above are, electing Buttimer would be going from the frying pan into the fire, especially when one of the true bright sparks of FG is waiting in the wings i.e. Cllr. Des Cahill.

Then again, Cahill has no GAA connection so would be unelectable in bogland; we really do deserve what we get with the Muppets we elect.