Coveney piles pressure on British with demand to move border to Irish Sea

Angler

Theresa May is facing tough new demands by the Irish government that could see the Irish Sea become the country's post-Brexit border with the UK, according to reports.

New Taoiseach Leo Varadkar is said to be unconvinced by the British Government's plans to introduce a hi-tech land border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland after Brexit.

Ministers had proposed using things measures like surveillance cameras to allow free movement between the north and south of the island.

Ireland 'demanding sea border with UK after Brexit' | The Independent

It would be best for the economy but the DUP will go nuts.
It may prove to be cathartic for them .

statsman

Theresa May is facing tough new demands by the Irish government that could see the Irish Sea become the country's post-Brexit border with the UK, according to reports.

New Taoiseach Leo Varadkar is said to be unconvinced by the British Government's plans to introduce a hi-tech land border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland after Brexit.

Ministers had proposed using things measures like surveillance cameras to allow free movement between the north and south of the island.

Ireland 'demanding sea border with UK after Brexit' | The Independent

It would be best for the economy but the DUP will go nuts.
Win/win?

Catalpast

Sorry I would rather have food on the table than a United Ireland. What the hell would happen in Donegal with a Hard border?
Let them eat cake....

History Lesson:

The Good People of Donegal fed themselves well enough

- before the EU ever existed ....

statsman

Let them eat cake....

History Lesson:

The Good People of Donegal fed themselves well enough

- before the EU ever existed ....
By going to pick spuds in Scotland?

eoghanacht

We should make Ireland's eye a processing centre for British refugees.

Before they're tagged and left to roam leitrim.

McSlaggart

Volatire

Coveney isn't very bright.

Even worse, he loses his cool under pressure.

Not good qualities in a Brexit foreign minister.

petaljam

They went for the cash

- not the Spuds!:roll:
The cash wasn't used to buy expensive cars or fancy houses though, it was to feed their families.

Donegal was dirt poor until recently. Maybe you think that was a good thing.

statsman

The cash wasn't used to buy expensive cars or fancy houses though, it was to feed their families.

Donegal was dirt poor until recently. Maybe you think that was a good thing.
They were poor but they were happy, and they couldn't afford sin.

GDPR

They went for the cash

Irish people who emigrate to the United States like Padraig Pearese I'm inclined to regard as moral trash.

Irish people though who emigrate to Scotland on the other hand I just see as severely educationally challenged.

I'm incredibly glad that my ancestors had the wisdom to get out of Scotland and come here even if they probably made Ireland a worse place by doing so.

statsman

They went for the cash

They went for work because there was none at home and pre-EU Ireland couldn't support them or their families. They left as children to work in fields more fertile than those at home. They left because they had no choice but to leave or starve.

statsman

Irish people who emigrate to the United States like Padraig Pearese I'm inclined to regard as moral trash.

Irish people though who emigrate to Scotland on the other hand I just see as severely educationally challenged.

I'm incredibly glad that my ancestors had the wisdom to get out of Scotland and come here even if they probably made Ireland a worse place by doing so.
Here Bill. Nobody. Gives. A. Flying. One.

New Threads

Top Bottom