• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Coveney Reverses ban on Fur Farming

Davidoff

Saw it on the news.

What were they feeding the creatures, it looked like excrement?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I'm vegetarian for ethical reasons , and I see no difference between killing an animal for food, leather or for fur

cYp

Morgellons

This is Fine Gael at their most caring, most sympathetic. Many of our freezing elderly citizens will be grateful for this move which will make fur coats a possiblility when heating costs get too high. The great thing about a fur coat is that it can be left to your children so they too can keep warm at home in the dead of winter. Try doing that with a lump of coal or a bale of briquets. An inspired move Minister Coveney.

ruserious

I'm vegetarian for ethical reasons , and I see no difference between killing an animal for food, leather or for fur

cYp
Vegetarians will be responsible for the extinction of pigs.

Tin Foil Hat

cYp
Seriously? You can't see the difference between the food chain and killing animals solely for some tacky coat?

flavirostris

Wrong decision I think. I don't give a hoot for minks but worry about more of the buggers escaping and damaging native wildlife.

ItsEvolution

Killing for food isn't needed, au contraire, vegetable crops provide better protein yield per unit area of land

cYp
You have to see the difference, I'm a vegetarian too and I'm am againts the mass production of animals for food and the likes of KFCruelty but we need to ban the like of blood sports and fur farming first.

ruserious

Killing for food isn't needed, au contraire, vegetable crops provide better protein yield per unit area of land

cYp
But ya can't bate a good steak can ya? Not all about nutrients.

sgtharper

cYp
I'm virtually an Omnivore to be honest, and unsurprisingly perhaps, I agree with you on this.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Another piece of tree-hugging nonsense undone. Very soon, we'll have no trace of their shameful period in government.

Bea C

The full ban on importing into the EU cosmetics tested on animals anywhere in the world is due to come into place in March. The industry has started putting massive pressure on again, however.
Just a link for more info
[video]http://www.peta.org.uk/features/new-cosmetics-law/default.asp[/video]

Davidoff

cYp
I eat meat all the time. But I expect the animals to be treated humanely while they're alive.

That plainly doesn't happen on fur farms.

Expose the lot of them