• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Coverage of Breifne O'Brien and Co

Davidoff

Can't blame him for his brother's choices.

If indeed they are brothers.

Davidoff

I din't know they were brothers.

Just like I didn't know Pat Kenny is in business with the Anglo boys.

Does RTE have any current affairs staff that aren't conflicted up to the eyeballs?

Last edited:

Dunlin3

Havn't heard anything about Breifne for while now, there must be a court case iminint?

Davidoff

Who's blaming him? If indeed they are brothers of course?
Apologies for doubting you, Tokkie, but it's a common name and I hadn't heard anything about this.

There's not much danger of him pressing politicians on white collar crime when his own brother is under investigation.

tokkie

Apologies for doubting you, Tokkie, but it's a common name and I hadn't heard anything about this.

There's not much danger of him pressing politicians on white collar crime when his own brother is under investigation.
Personally I would not hold it against him. It would be interesting to go through the upper echelons of the Unions, banks, Public Sector, politics, RTE and various corporations to see who is related.

Davidoff

Personally I would not hold it against him. It would be interesting to go through the upper echelons of the Unions, banks, Public Sector, politics, RTE and various corporations to see who is related.
I wouldn't hold it against him either when he's presenting the rugby. It's an issue, though, for someone presenting current affairs. One of his guests tonight is a journalist who will be covering his brother's court case. How does that look?

Mind you, Pat Kenny is in business with a former Anglo director. That's immeasurably worse, IMO, but no one at RTE seems to care.

tokkie

I wouldn't hold it against him either when he's presenting the rugby. It's an issue, though, for someone presenting current affairs. One of his guests tonight is a journalist who will be covering his brother's court case. How does that look?

Mind you, Pat Kenny is in business with a former Anglo director. That's immeasurably worse, IMO, but no one at RTE seems to care.
RTE has absolutely no respect for its audience or the licence payer so we certainly can't expect them to start now. When you put his conflict into context as you have above then it does look bad.

Analyzer

Ah yes.....He could be called "The Irish Madoff"......only we have several of these "investment gurus" to pick from, when assigning the term.

And besides Madoff went to jail.

That has not happened yet here, and it will not happen either.

I presume that rogue solicitor called Lynn is also "missing in action" still.....