Cow farts are threat to climate

Rebel CNC

The American settlers cull of millions of bison must surely have saved the planet from global warming a century before it became an issue.

hellhathno

Did you not hear? - since we voted YES to Lisbon we are now legally obliged to feed the cows frogs legs, spaghetti and belgian chocolate, all washed down with a nice little rioja. That´ll put a stop to the cow fartin. Say thank you Lisbon;)
Unless you can confirm this, it is a lie. You would need photographic evidence of cattle been fed those kind of things.

flavirostris

love the picture of the little farting sheep in that article

D

Deleted member 17573

Unless you can confirm this, it is a lie. You would need photographic evidence of cattle been fed those kind of things.
Honest, tis true. You can be sure of this because it is immoral to treat cows in this manner and Lisbon makes us do all sort of immoral things - so it must be true QED

hellhathno

Honest, tis true. You can be sure of this because it is immoral to treat cows in this manner and Lisbon makes us do all sort of immoral things - so it must be true QED
Did the elites promise the cows these things? The elites might be attempting to feed them with non-Irish food in an attempt to turn them against their Irish masters, and on coffin ships to land in the low lying fields of Amsterdam bay. You a YES person, have made quiet a blunder reporting this, it will come back to haunt you.

D

Deleted member 17573

Did the elites promise the cows these things? The elites might be attempting to feed them with non-Irish food in an attempt to turn them against their Irish masters, and on coffin ships to land in the low lying fields of Amsterdam bay. You a YES person, have made quiet a blunder reporting this, it will come back to haunt you.
Of course not - when I asked Micko about this very subject last week he denied that it was a part of Lisbon:cool:

CookieMonster

Tax it, problem solved... sort of.

Squire Allworthy

It is methane, and a potential alternative energy source.

So problem solved below, think of the extra income for rural Ireland and whats more could be used to pay for NAMA! Flatulence got the country into the problem in the first place so it seems only right if it was part of the solution. I wonder if we could fit these to Bankers?

andrejsv

What should we do to prevent this?[/url]
Nothing.

The main green house gas is water vapor, then CO2, then methane.. which has a very small concentration ~1700 parts per BILLION, compared to CO2 ~390 parts per MILLION, compared to water vapor ~ 2 parts per HUNDREDS.

So far the link connecting greenhouse gases to temperature increase has not been proven, and models by the IPCC have way overpredicted global warming due to a run-away green house effect. New research has indicates that green houses in general are saturated in the atmosphere and an increase (by methane, CO2 or otherwise) will result only in a minor temperature increase. As an example, a doubling of the CO2 concentration is expected to increase global temperatues by on 0.5 C. (instead of the IPCC proyections of 3 to 11 C). Warming and cooling treands are now thought to be driven by changes in solar irradiation and magnetic flux. (the sun drives the weather)

Given the inability of the IPCC models to predict the effect of green house gases on global temperatures, and the results of new models, it is best to do nothing, and allow science to to come up with models that can make better predictions.

JCR

Warming and cooling treands are now thought to be driven by changes in solar irradiation and magnetic flux. (the sun drives the weather)
This is not correct. You don't know what you are talking about. The point is this these factors alone do not explain current conditions. Its bit thick to post wild totally unproven claims with no substance at all. Unless you are just being thick for fun. In which case have fun.

fiannafailure

hellhathno

Ronan Collins used to warn us about this potential threat all the time when he would play that ballad called Cows with Guns, if they now have access to explosives substances, we are really in trouble. Lisbon has a lot to answer for.

fiannafailure

Nothing.

The main green house gas is water vapor, then CO2, then methane.. which has a very small concentration ~1700 parts per BILLION, compared to CO2 ~390 parts per MILLION, compared to water vapor ~ 2 parts per HUNDREDS.

So far the link connecting greenhouse gases to temperature increase has not been proven, and models by the IPCC have way overpredicted global warming due to a run-away green house effect. New research has indicates that green houses in general are saturated in the atmosphere and an increase (by methane, CO2 or otherwise) will result only in a minor temperature increase. As an example, a doubling of the CO2 concentration is expected to increase global temperatues by on 0.5 C. (instead of the IPCC proyections of 3 to 11 C). Warming and cooling treands are now thought to be driven by changes in solar irradiation and magnetic flux. (the sun drives the weather)

Given the inability of the IPCC models to predict the effect of green house gases on global temperatures, and the results of new models, it is best to do nothing, and allow science to to come up with models that can make better predictions.
I have read your posts for some time now without comment, and to be honest you display the same level of scientific knowledge and understanding as a school child, have you ever heard of the words hystersis or the concept of feedback in either its negative or positive manifestations, if your thesis is that you can insert a small amount of extra energy into a system, (and the energy required to raise global tempetures by half a degree is not small), then your whole premise falls at the first hurdle, I will not get into a debate on this, I will simply advise you to get some engineering advice before you make pronouncements like that, it makes you look a little silly.

nuj

Mad Max 3 had this thing licked - if licked is the right word.

andrejsv

have you ever heard of the words hystersis or the concept of feedback in either its negative or positive manifestations
Yes, that's what I do for a living, control system design with feedback systems, and modeling the dynamics of mechanical systems.

I used to be involved with modeling gas pressurization systems and combustion processes but that was 15 years ago.. probably that's why I find this topic interesting, I am thinking of creating a model of an atmospheric slice in order to simulate the effects of greenhouse gases to see for myself if the current (possibly overpredicting) theory of purely positive feedback due to green house gases or the alternate, negative feedback theories due to water vapor concentration are correct. For fun and to educate myself. Its going to take a while so I don't expect anything soon.

As far as this topic is concerned.. could the proponents of positive feedback due to CH4, please provide some supporting documentation (numbers or predictions) as to the effects of increasing methane concentration in the atmosphere?.

Last edited:

fiannafailure

Andrejsv

I said
I have read your posts for some time now without comment, and to be honest you display the same level of scientific knowledge and understanding as a school child, have you ever heard of the words hystersis or the concept of feedback in either its negative or positive manifestations,
I stand by my analysis of your posts, could it possibly be true that some of your input into this debate is tongue in cheek?

Yes, that's what I do for a living, control system design with feedback systems,
In your atmospheric slice/model please take due account of the fact there will be a combination of negative and positive feedback loops and take due diligence of the possibility of hystersis raising its ugly little head, simply to complicate our existence.

Fancy a little real work for your spare time, modelling the water and power flows through a 100GW/hr pumped storage system.
That would definitely keep you off the streets for a while.

andrejsv

could it possibly be true that some of your input into this debate is tongue in cheek?
It was about a month ago when I was joking about saving the planet by driving my gas guzzling SUV and generating more CO2 :p

However I did not realize how polarized and hardened the views are here in this forum and how people take as personal affronts posts of information that run contrary to their views, resulting in personal attacks (kind of like a positive feedback loop, he, he). So I now try to provide links to the information I get my opinions from. And they are only my opinions after all.

However I think this is a serious time critical matter as world governments are on the verge of passing legistation to regulate and tax CO2 emissions (and based on the OP perhaps methane emissions?), something I consider completely ludicrous and based on faulty information (and I am trying hard to bite back more colorful terms to describe it here).

hellhathno

Its all true, the climate is in great danger because of these hooved beasts.

The Caped Cod

Is 'hellhathno' another of Patrick Bateman's sockpuppets?

Bateman said he was effectively testing responses of people on this site by appearing with identities and making wild extreme claims. He did that as 'Patrick Bateman', then as 'Tompatrick' who replaced Bateman except for the odd reappearance of 'Patrick Bateman' to launch homophobic attacks. 'Tompatrick' disappeared and 'Hellhathno' appeared, with the same modus operandi

- taking extreme positions
- bombarding the site with provocative extreme threads
- the language and debating styles are the same.
- the spelling mistakes and grammatical mistakes are the same.
- using an image of the 'Sacred Heart', and quoting from the extremist rag 'Alive!' are the sort of provocative things Bateman and his socks would do.

I smell a rat behind all of it. It looks like just another Bateman stunt to provoke, offend and annoy people to see what response he gets.
http://www.politics.ie/political-humour/81003-tom-patrick-bateman-says-bye-bye-again.html

New Threads

Most Replies