Cowen admits to drug taking: TV3

TV3 has revealed that in an interview with Hotpress, FF Minister Brian Cowen has admitted to smoking joints. He is quoted as saying that he inhaled unlike Bill Clinton.

TV3 lead with the story on their late news saying Cowen freely admitted to inhaling. They played on the fact that while Bill Clinton appeared earlier on a FF party political broadcast, he never inhaled.

TradCat

No offence, but I wouldn't like to be the next person to get the joint.

Trefor

Website
oclmenai.blogspot.com
the-analyst2007 said:
TV3 has revealed that in an interview with Hotpress, FF Minister Brian Cowen has admitted to smoking joints. He is quoted as saying that he inhaled unlike Bill Clinton.
Yawn.

CJH

the-analyst2007 said:

Will Enda demand that he be locked up without bail?

Celbridger

"Someone over thirty smoked weed"

Move along, nothing to see here.

Agrona

You sure that in Offaly when they say they are smoking grass they aren't actually smoking grass. There is a lot of it there.

Seriosuly yawn, it would make me slightly more likely to vote FF (me smoking grass that is, not Cowen)

HanleyS

Most people have smoked weed on occasion. It's the trivialisation of the damage done by habitual use of cannabis that I don't like. I hate to see what has happened to some of my friends since leaving college.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
wow.. if he's that angry on the weed, imagine what he'd be like without it.

Not much of an issue at all, but no doubt someone will make a huge thing of it.

morrissey

Eight days before an election and Biffo throws this into the mix. No one in FF will thank him for this. Tomorrow morning this is going to push tonights debate to the sidelines.
Aherne better have a good answer tomorrow night because the link between soft and hard drugs is obvious. Drugs are a scourge in housing estates all over the country. Thousands of parents all over the country caution their children about dabbling in any type of drug abuse and Cowen the Gob-hite is not going to make it easier.

barthez

If this is true then Cowen committed a crime. But then again he is a member of Fianna Fail.

CJH

barthez said:
If this is true then Cowen committed a crime. But then again he is a member of Fianna Fail.
Both of those sentences deserve a :roll:

Jim84

big deal...

Paddylekker

morrissey said:
Aherne better have a good answer tomorrow night because the link between soft and hard drugs is obvious.
Obvious? What are you on about?

One of the main reasons that dope smokers move on to other drugs, occasionally, is because they have to visit shady scumbags to buy their dope.

What the fu*k was he thinking? Whatever people do in their own time is their own business, but here we have a senior Government Minister not only admitting to drug taking, but actually making a joke about it saying that he inhaled unlike Clinton.

Yes, pot taking aint that serious, but a Senior politican making a joke about it is another thing.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies