Cowen confirms we have ceded sovereignty

McDave

On 6.1 News just now, Cowen has said at the opening of T2 "which we are required to do" the Four Year plan. I take this to mean the plan is not of our own volition and that external forces have told us to produce such a plan.

This is something I guess most people know anyway. However this is the first time I have heard a cabinet member confirm it. Finally, a formal admission of the ceding of our economic sovereignty!

Precise quote 7:39 minutes into broadcast at: http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1085282

Last edited:

oddsox

He probably got a fright when he seen Ml O'Leary with the coffin and he needed to confess before he to the vacant position in said coffin.

B

birthday

New FF spin

On 6.1 News just now, Cowen has said at the opening of T2 that we "are required to do" the Four Year plan. I take this to mean the plan is not of our own volition and that external forces have told us to produce such a plan.

This is something I guess most people know anyway. However this is the first time I have heard a cabinet member confirm it. Finally, a formal admission of the ceding of our economic sovereignty!
This is the new FF spin.
From now on it will be 'blame the IMF' for everything allowing FF to distance themselves from the budget and cuts that are going to take place over the next four years.
What a disgrace of a man Cowen is-the laughing stock of Ireland.
I hope he realises what fool he will appear when Reeling in the Years 2010 is screened.

NewRepublic

This is the new FF spin.
From now on it will be 'blame the IMF' for everything allowing FF to distance themselves from the budget and cuts that are going to take place over the next four years.
I hope he realises what fool he will appear when Reeling in the Years 2010 is screened.
Well he's certainly made us the laughing stock of the world. We can look forward to many years of paddywhackery and ridicule. He has brought nothing but shame and misery. Easy for him to feel no sense of "shame", he won't be the one having to leave the country to make ends meet. As if the mass export of our unemployed was not bad enough he also has to make those who are in employment feel shameful.

kerdasi amaq

There is no such thing as "economic sovereignty".

new on here

Whats the point in posting your desparaging comments about An Taoiseach, other than to highlight how silly ye are to come on here and post such drivel and see how pointless it is to do so.

L

longshortgrass

Whats the point in posting your desparaging comments about An Taoiseach, other than to highlight how silly ye are to come on here and post such drivel and see how pointless it is to do so.
Whats the point in posting your desparaging comments about us the people, other than to highlight how silly you are to come on here and post such drivel and see how pointless it is to do so. :cool:

justme1

This is the new FF spin.
Bullseye,hole in one!!!
Everything from FFSCUM up to now is that is was the opposition's fault (you could not write it!!),now it's the IMF's fault,let's all pool our money together to have each member of FFSCUM taken out!!!

controller

These crooks were brought in a "Catholic Ireland", and would have learned a strong sense of right & wrong (forget the kiddie stuff for a minute). The wives are the same. How come NO ONE, shouted stop, this is wrong, immoral, theft etc....how come??

feet first

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzN0Js0tKZ4]YouTube - Brian Cowen - Another Awkward Moment[/ame]

You should watch this link to see what the international community think of Eire.

new on here

Longshortgrass, no mention of saying that you posted drivel, so dont be so sensitive and take it personally. The posts above were totally nonsensical.

New Threads