Cowen must go...

kerdasi amaq

After hearing Brian Cowen apologise for mistakes by the Government which led to the economic crisis. The only honourable course for him is to resign as Taoiseach.

I'll also say Cowen and his ministers should stand down at the next election and run for the Dail again.

Last edited:

SKELLY

This is all part of a carefully choreographed plan to diffuse/soften the anger towards FF. I have a feeling that our idiot public will buy it.

kerdasi amaq

Yes. FF don't do honour.

making waves

After hearing Brian Cowen apologise for mistakes by the Government which led to the economic crisis. The only honourable course for him is to resign as Taoiseach.
it would be a start - but he should take the other 165 with him - plus the senators - plus the heads of departments etc etc.

hammer

It would be nice for him to actually take up the job of Taoiseach.

He has done nothing except bad for the economy since Bertie annointed him, "the chosen baffoon"

soubresauts

What's the point of Cowen resigning and being replaced by Martin, D Ahern, or another FFer? What difference would that make?

Newsy

What's the point of Cowen resigning and being replaced by Martin, D Ahern, or another FFer? What difference would that make?
+10

The lot, NEEDS TO GO.

spidermom

Have you heard the audio of his "apology"????

I've dragged better from the "scaries"...my teenagers!!...and they were more convincing!

His(Cowen)apology was dragged from him...he sounded angry and put-upon that he had to re-iterate what Lenihan said yesterday.....that was NO apology!!

Likely Lad

Wednesday - Gordon Brown expresses a degree of regret regards his role in Britain's economic crisis, comes out reasonably well out of it

Thursday - by sheer coincidence Brian Lenihan all of sudden does the exact same thing, comes out well amongst the fools that think he is a competent minister and a decent man

Friday - amazing, what are chances, Brian Cowen also all of a sudden finds the urge to express regret at destroying the country despite insisting for the last two years he had nothing to do with it, 'international recession', 'Lehman Brothers', 'wibble wobble'

spidermom

Is not Martyn the BEST???...and no I am not related to him.....

SirCharles

A couple of weeks ago I googled for an online petition against NAMA.
Since August last - believe it or not - not even 300 signatures countrywide!
A month ago - at the Green Party convention - more than 4,000 (!) people protested against abolishing the existing way of stag-hunting.

I think the Irish might not deserve better. Sorry.

Abrax

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg"]YouTube- Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle[/nomedia]

Abrax

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBfjU3_XOaA"]YouTube- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son - Music Video[/nomedia]

Supermanpolitician

This is a choreoographed attempt at winning back some support.

What we will get in the next few days is some minister telling us how they have improved and are steering the country back on track.

Supermanpolitician

Have you heard the audio of his "apology"????

I've dragged better from the "scaries"...my teenagers!!...and they were more convincing!
His(Cowen)apology was dragged from him...he sounded angry and put-upon that he had to re-iterate what Lenihan said yesterday.....that was NO apology!!
Excellent point as ever spidermom.
On the radio it sounded like he was shrugging his shoulders. My own daughter is too you, but my nephews act like that when they get caught being bold. The apologise when they know that they will loose tv and sweet privileges. Up to that point they are like Cowen.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies